Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My wife won a $25.00 gift certificate to Golden Corral, so a few nights ago we figured we would go have supper there, haven't been in one for years. When we got to the cash register, we were astounded to find that supper for two was $38.00 bucks!!! eekGot to looking at the ticket, my glass of water was $2.75. eek Food was standard tasteless mess hall buffet, I got a piece of chicken but was so greasy I couldn't eat it. Had some veggies and a little piece of pie.

Anyway, we could have gone to a real restaurant for $38.00, no more GC for us. Used to be THE place to go for an inexpensive meal, lots of seniors went there regularly . Things have changed.

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
There was one in Destin Florida, which is now closed. It had excellent food.
And there is another one in El PasoTexas that is excellent as well. Their cook was very good at cooking steaks.

Most of the others, have not been as good.

$2.75 for water ? Insane !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
We do you enjoy an occasional trip to Golden Corral. But it's not such a cheap Buffet anymore

Last edited by ldholton; 11/17/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ryan's buffet seems to be a little better than GC, both menu and food quality-wise. I had a friend visiting from New Zealand a few years ago, and we went to a Ryan's for lunch one day. He looked around at the loaded steam tables and the people with trays piled high and commented "No wonder most Ameicans are fat!"
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pffft.

Went to a breakfast buffet at Disneyland (with Disney characters for the kids) last week. Had I known it was going to cost $45.00 per person I wouldn't have gone. 4 adults and one 5 year old cost over 220 bucks. Those are some expensive pancakes.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How do you people f'up going to Golden Corral???

If you got charged for tap water, then youre a schmuck and shouldve went "Moesha" on them.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I took four members of my team to one last week the 4 of them cost me $61 with tax including beverages.

Most of them had never been to one before and loved it. I go from time to time and never paid for water, you drinking Perrier?

Last edited by old_willys; 11/17/19.

Ted
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife won a $25.00 gift certificate to Golden Corral, so a few nights ago we figured we would go have supper there, haven't been in one for years. When we got to the cash register, we were astounded to find that supper for two was $38.00 bucks!!! eekGot to looking at the ticket, my glass of water was $2.75. eek Food was standard tasteless mess hall buffet, I got a piece of chicken but was so greasy I couldn't eat it. Had some veggies and a little piece of pie.

Anyway, we could have gone to a real restaurant for $38.00, no more GC for us. Used to be THE place to go for an inexpensive meal, lots of seniors went there regularly . Things have changed.

At the GC here, water's free, senior lunch is about 8.50, senior dinner is $13. Food's pretty good, too, although it would get pretty boring if you eat there often. The menu never changes.

I've considered putting a wild boar ring tone on my phone but if rang while we were in there, I'd be beaten to death. When they built it, they added 2" of reinforced concrete to the floor to handle the weight.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
My in-laws love the place, but they live an hour away from us. The one close to us is not the best place to eat, by far. To me, there are things I don't care for. First, people breath on and put their grubby hands down in the container of knives and forks, and no telling how many have grabbed the plate you end up with. Second, if an ICE agent showed up for lunch, the place would be a ghost town. There is just better places to go eat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The quality and pricing must differ from location to location because the local GC is almost always very good and nowhere near that expensive for my wife and I to eat there.

Before 4:00 pm their seniors buffet for both of us with choice of drinks is less than half what you paid and after 4:00 pm their regular supper buffet, also with choice of drinks, is still about $10 less total also for us both. No charge for tap water, either.

The local GC has been owned and actively hands-on managed by the same family for years

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
How do you people f'up going to Golden Corral???

If you got charged for tap water, then youre a schmuck and shouldve went "Moesha" on them.

Come on Slum. Let's go. I'll get the camera, you get the water. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
2.75 for water.....

Strange....

Our GC/ feedbag is da schit.
Seniors are like 8.99 for dinner.

Place you went must be doing some hokey schit under the radar.
Seems to me corparate would set price.

Google em up and ask WTF is going on at my GC.

Now that GC is mentioned I might need ta hit it this week, but Im kinda holding off for T day when khan/ wife jets out to ft carson for a week.
Me , 3 dogs , 4 cats, 1 buck tag left , rifle season, deer hunting, no complaining from ole lady about waking her up when I get up early to hunt.

Dogs gonna get alot of fridge snacks, cats gonna get terrorized with
" Get the kitty game"

GC is gtg around here.

Yours sounds like the franchise owner and or manager are doing some fllakey schitt.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

$2.75 for a glass of water ............

I'd a pizzed it out on the floor.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Even $2.75 for a soda...........

screw 'em...........

don't drink that stuff........

Just think the price of a cold draft beer...........OMG ...............

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven't been to GC since I moved from Utah, but their rolls are worth the price of admission.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We call it "The Trough" because of the pigs who eat there. Seniors eat for about $8 from 1 - 4 pm, or about $13 for dinner. It isn't great, it varies in quality from visit to visit, but it's okay. Am what am, as we say.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
GC is, to a real restaurant, what KFC is to fried chicken, it would probably kill FB 2.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
We call it "The Trough" because of the pigs who eat there. Seniors eat for about $8 from 1 - 4 pm, or about $13 for dinner. It isn't great, it varies in quality from visit to visit, but it's okay. Am what am, as we say.
I've been calling it the Golden Trough for years, and for the same reason. It's the highest concentration of blubber in town.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We sometimes eat their breakfast buffet on vacations. One thing I like is that they put a bunch of their salad stuff out early. Crab salad for breakfast? Heck yeah.

That cold fake crabmeat salad on the salad bar is the best stuff they have. Their bread pudding is good too.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Ryan's buffet seems to be a little better than GC, both menu and food quality-wise.

That's been my experience too. But with chain restaurants, quality can vary with location ... and the management/people operating it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,246
Posts18,486,192
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.