Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
wait, what's wrong with delivered pizza? esp. if it's good pizza?

Can't recall if they deliver, but a deep dish from Oregano's is worth the wait.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chester, I was going to mention Upchuck-a-Rama, but as it is a Western chain, most readers wouldn't know about them. We have both a GC and an CaR here in wonderful Ogden. The Chuck is cleaner, has booths as well as tables, and different food choices. It has islands of food instead of a buffet line, which can be a bit confusing. We have only been there once or twice because the GC is handier. I'd rate the CaR as being a rung up on GC as far as quality and appearance goes.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Pappy348
Next time your wife wins a coupon, give it to a fat person you don't like.

$38.00 should fill you up with decent chow at a Cracker Barrel. Not AYCE, but plenty, and edible, though it's been a while since I ate at one.

Worst meal I've had in the past several years was at a Cracker Barrel, so again, my guess is it must be a particular location thing and probably more so the kitchen staff working at the time.

I had ordered open face roast beef, the meat was dried out, stringy and almost unchewable like it had been rewarmed in microwave, then set aside and left to where it was almost room temperature, the gravy ladled over top was a pork gravy, not beef (pork loin was on the menu that night too), and the portion size of the whole meal was like it was from the child's menu (which considering the poor quality though was too much).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in the Boise Chuckarama years ago. I don't remember the food but I do remember a woman ahead of me. She got a tray and put a plate in the middle of it. Then she proceeded to fill the plate...and the tray. When she was done loading up, the tray needed sideboards. The food went from rim to rim, enough for 4 normal people. Yes, she weighed what you might expect her to weigh. She needed a livestock scale to weigh on.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My kids like the Gilded Trough.

I dont give em a hard time, and they get to have what they want.

Probably why they like going to Subway.

Any sort of buffet is okay with them. No one decides for them or gives them a hard time!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't go to these places...do they take EBT cards?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Greensburg Pa..........don't look like much.but good chow

https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-patron-mexican-grill-greensburg

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dess
Don't go to these places...do they take EBT cards?

The grocery store in town doesn't take EBT. Haven't for months.

They say that there is a problem with the card reader. I suspect the just dont want to accept them any more.

Must be a bunch of GOVT BS involved with taking EBT cards.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s one in ANC but I’ve never eaten there

Too many other good places to choose from.

Sounds like a viable option to dine out for those on a limited budget in a lot of your locales. 👍🏻

That’s a good thing imo.

Doesn’t seem like many of our posters here are relying on SS as their only means in retirement and that too is a good thing

But for the many seniors that are I’m glad there’s options such as GC for them

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should be called Glutton Corral.

I gave up buffets years ago. Can't get my money's worth at any of 'em, and people (especially kids) are filthy pigs.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good point, 2l2q. The "Senior Hour" here is pretty popular (actually 1-4 pm, I think.) The selection doesn't include the steak or ribs of the evening menu, but the food is wholesome, the choices are generous, and the price is certainly right for people who might only be eating one large meal a day.

My routine there is fairly standardized. Small helpings of Caesar and that fake krab salad, a cup of soup with cornbread. Then a piece or two of fish, maybe a few shrimp. Two vegs plus a dab of potato or mac/cheese. If I'm still hungry, a piece of chicken. I'm not a dessert eater, but their bread pudding really is good - doubly so alamode. I try to find a seat facing a window so I don't have to watch the gluttons with heaping plates of meat and nothing else. I always generously tip the poor server who has to clean up.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Las Vegas used to be famous for their buffets and inexpensive meals...not any more.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We have decided next time we will just throw a Digiorno in the oven and kick back for the evening. grin

In hindsight, we should have just found some old beggar on the street corner and given him the gift card.

Last edited by jnyork; 11/18/19.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’d be happy with dinner for two at $13 (gift certificate) but that’s just me. Heck I also consider a night out with the wife where I spend $38 for dinner a good night. The kids love GC due to having options and haven’t had any issues with the several we have been to.

Yup.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Good point, 2l2q. The "Senior Hour" here is pretty popular (actually 1-4 pm, I think.) The selection doesn't include the steak or ribs of the evening menu, but the food is wholesome, the choices are generous, and the price is certainly right for people who might only be eating one large meal a day.

My routine there is fairly standardized. Small helpings of Caesar and that fake krab salad, a cup of soup with cornbread. Then a piece or two of fish, maybe a few shrimp. Two vegs plus a dab of potato or mac/cheese. If I'm still hungry, a piece of chicken. I'm not a dessert eater, but their bread pudding really is good - doubly so alamode. I try to find a seat facing a window so I don't have to watch the gluttons with heaping plates of meat and nothing else. I always generously tip the poor server who has to clean up.
There's usually a long line here starting about 3:45. Pay for the senior lunch then sit and wait for 10 or 15 min for when they put out the steaks, etc at 4.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (10Glocks, Anaconda, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.