Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
in a small town in arizona, you need to wear name plates.
had a woman sitting on my front porch some years ago, i kept talking about my aunt. She said " your aunt, she's My aunt"
she was married and had kids by the son of my half sisters uncle.
another one i grew up with we just figured out the family relationship a few years ago, i just knew was not available in high school.

DNA testing is revealing a lot of hidden secrets.

My daughter was contacted by parties thru "23 and Me", asking about family connections. We're finding out my first cousin was a sperm donor in Houston when he was in school there. He has 6 or 7 progeny. He died of colon cancer a few years ago, never married, had no family. Until now...

It's been interesting. We were able to give them photos of this guy (their biological Dad), his Mom (my Dad's older sister) and his Dad, a Canadian. He was an only child. They seem most appreciative. We've not met any of them, although my daughter is Facebook friends with several.

DF

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Where are all of our West Virginia members?

First cousin marriages are illegal in West Virginia. They are, however, legal in Virginia.😲

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Breeding with a 1st cousin does not increase the chances of genetic disorders all that much.

Every year an estimated 8 million children--6
percent of total births worldwide--are born with a serious birth defect of genetic or partially genetic origin. Additionally, hundreds of thousands more are born with serious birth defects of post- conception origin due to maternal exposure to environmental agents. At least 3.3 million children less than 5 years of age die annually because of serious birth defects and the majority of those who survive may be mentally and physically disabled for life.
This report from the March of Dimes is the first to provide a global estimate of serious birth defects of genetic or partly genetic origin. It details the birth prevalence rates and the numbers of affected births in 193 countries.

According to a global report on birth defects
which was conducted in 2006, 21 out of 22 countries most affected by birth defects per 1000 live births are Muslim majority countries and the following
countries are the ones most affect by birth
defects per 1000 live births:
1. Sudan 82.0/1000
2. Saudi Arabia 81.3/1000
3. Benin 77.9/1009
4. Burkina Faso 77.0/1000
5. Palestinian territories 76.6/1000
6. United Arab Emirates 75.9/1000
7. Tajikistan 75.2/1000
8. Iraq 74.9/1000
9. Kuwait 74.9/1000
10. Afghanistan 74.8/1000
11. Oman 74.8/1000
12. Syria 74.3/1000
13. Pakistan 73.5/1000
14. Nigeria 73.5/1000
15. Kyrgyzstan 73.4/1000
16. Qatar 73.4/1000
17. Bahrain 73.3/1000
18. Jordan 73.1/1000
19. Libya 73.0/1000
20. Tunisia 72.7/1000
21. Morocco 72.3/1000
22. Yemen 72.1/1000

Inbreeding which involves marriage between cousins is an islamically valid and approved practice.
Inbreeding is a major cause of birth defects in children so its very likely that the whole cousin marriage thing has a huge role to play in recorded high rates of birth defects in Muslim countries.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

With all the "fooling around" from puberty on the human race has always been prone to, it stands to reason some and maybe even many may have close blood relatives - full/half-siblings, cousins, aunts/uncles, even direct offspring - unbeknownst to them.

For many years adoption records were regularly sealed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Where are all of our West Virginia members?

Right here.

Bite me😜

Seriously, without really knowing who really did what to who, all the anecdotal "evidence" pro and con about the possible problems with cousin bliss doesn't hold much water. Gotta factor in genetic tolerance stack too.

A lady I know was walking past her neighbor's house in a WV holler, and heard a comotion inside. Peeked in a window and brother was knocking the bottom out of his sister. Close family, I guess. That kind of stuff plays Hell with the genetic equation if not known, assuming the union bears fruit, or maybe fruitcake.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Seems like everybody just takes it for granted you're going to procreate.

First cousin or anyone else, you don't HAVE to have kids!

Live life!

Exactamundo!

And just think, if folks had taken this advice 150 years ago there likely would be no "Anthropologically caused climate change" debate.

Of course, some retirement portfolios might be a bit slimmer too.

But think of how nice it would be to drive in large Metro areas compared to today.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Those who marry family generally aren't those who consider climate change, social problems, or anything else that requires a brain. They marry just to have a wife and cousin Betty's available.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Seems like everybody just takes it for granted you're going to procreate.

Live life!

Perzactly!

Jim
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Those who marry family generally aren't those who consider climate change, social problems, or anything else that requires a brain. They marry just to have a wife and cousin Betty's available.

Albert Einstein married his double first cousin so that theory might not hold water.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Looking around in this world today it would have been nice if a lot mothers and fathers would have heeded that advice.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348

A lady I know was walking past her neighbor's house in a WV holler, and heard a comotion inside. Peeked in a window and brother was knocking the bottom of his sister. Close family, I guess. That kind of stuff plays Hell with the genetic equation if not known, assuming the union bears fruit, or maybe fruitcake.

I believe the saying is "Closer kin, deeper in".

This happens in stock all the time. Breeding two genetically close individuals generally goes one of two routes or a combo of the two:

1. The offspring has accentuated the shared strong points of the related individuals' genetics and has a good outcome......we call this line-breeding.
2. The offspring has accentuated the shared weak points of the related individuals' genetics and has a poor outcome......we call this inbreeding.

If the genetics of both sides of the breeding have no strong points to begin with it doesn't take a geneticist to figure out what the results going to be.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Looking around in this world today it would have been nice if a lot mothers and fathers would have heeded that advice.........

We need to issue breeding permits.

And it doesn't increase your welfare when you breed more of the same...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm pretty sure Denny's mom and dad were brother and sister........

Prerequisite for a packer fan...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don’t know anyone that married a cousin, but I heard of a guy that boinked his cousin. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Don’t know anyone that married a cousin, but I heard of a guy that boinked his cousin. wink

Hey! If you had seen a picture of her..........Haha!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Art?

Why does that not surprise me... grin

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It is true, crossing close relatives will increase the likelihood of undesirable recessive genes being expressed. But those gene have to be there in the first place before they can surface.

As an example, in a family I have known all my life, the Mom has a wandering right eye.
But none of her kids exhibited this trait. Then they let the Mom's 13 year old nephew come up to the ranch for the summer. The nephew and a 13 year old daughter did what kids naturally do when they get the chance to be alone behind the haystack.

And a lovely baby boy resulted, and yes he had Gramma's wandering right eye. Even though neither of the cousins expressed the trait, they did carry the recessive gene inherited from their respective mothers, and the baby was the 1 in 4 chance of inheriting the recessive from both parents.

I am kind of with Heinlein on this one. There is nothing really morally wrong with such a union. But it is immoral to play genetic roulette with any children born of the union.

And today, there is no need. Any decent geneticist can tell couples if it is safe to procreate. And a host of options are available for couples to have children if it is unsafe for them to mate.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Art?

Why does that not surprise me... grin

You know who. Might even be fishin now.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty sure Denny's mom and dad were brother and sister........

What of it ??????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
See video of musical group Madness singing “Shame and Scandal in the Family!” Freaking hilarious!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,262
Posts18,486,476
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.