Campfire Kahuna
W
Good Jeff, pictures?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll try to get some up once we get this finalized.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Congrats.

That's a great area. So much to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I need to replace a slider, 72x76 isn't a normal size, most sliders are 72x80.
I discovered that, too. I replaced a slider with a 36" door and 2 sidelights. I had to overhaul the door to make it fit. This slider was 78", not 76, so I still had to take it down 2". Taking 2" off a prehung door isn't the easiest thing I've ever done.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I'll take the hit. We live in one, my folks live in one, 75% of the neighbors do to. They work just fine. In fact, a hell of a lot nicer than a lot of folks trudge through life in. Didn't buy new so can't help you spec, but ours is rated for the cold and snow, has 2x6 walls and is on a full foundation. It has updated floors, textured walls, premium roofing, pek plumbing, quality windows, a dandy 12x12 sunroom addition. And you know what, it all ours, and the bank's. Don't mind it a bit, zero complaints, none, nada.

If you are the age I think you are, buy what you can and live out your days.

Mine came with a view of my Montana.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Both of them....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I live in one as well,never had a desir to live in a stick built,we bought our doublewide brand new in 1999 and it has been fantastic,no issues except regular preventative maintenance,don't let the guys fool ya,they are built pretty well nowadays and are built in a controlled enviroment,so no wood getting rained on or weathered. I would do it all over again...

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great news today. We dickered on the house we put the offer in on, and our offer has been accepted! We close on the house Wednesday, pending tomorrow's homebuyer inspection. Can't wait to get moved! Process on this deal had come to a total standstill, and we actually went up today and looked at other houses with our real estate agent. She "shook the trees" after we left, and lo and behold,we got the deal done on the one we really wanted. Moving to the Baxter/Brainerd area. Can't wait to fish those lakes up there. All ready envisioning multiple runs to Leech Lake. It's only an hour from our new digs.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good Jeff. It tickles me to you refer to that area as, "Up there".
Good luck, and happy moving.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah your trip north is a wee bit longer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Congrats!

What sort of house?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Three bedroom with a full basement. Basement is finished. It's in a nice neighborhood and backs up against a park. The area behind the house is open,and there's a hockey rink and several ball fields back behind us, but far enough away we shouldn't have any foot traffic on our back property line. It's about 5 minutes from my work. The house is directly across the street from a nice sized lake. We have a beautiful view of the lake from the picture window in the living room. Lots of mature oak trees on the lot too. Because we're not on the lakeshore side of the road, our property taxes are much lower.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/22/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Visualize the hand clapping emoji thingie here.!

Hope all goes well. Wish I had a HOCKEY rink behind my house and a lake out front.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sounds fantastic!

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jeff, you could catch a limit while I burn a tank of gas.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's great. High hopes for you GG!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well that sounds pretty sweet! Let the good times roll

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Good luck Jeff I am sure the people in Lakeville will miss you and Cathy. How do your kids feel about your pending move?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ever since I moved up here from Ohio, I've wanted to move farther north, and out of the Twin Cities. There are all kinds of lakes, both big and small, as well as the Mississippi River within less than have an hour from my new home. Leech Lake is an hour away, and one of the best know walleye and musky lakes in the the state. I'm actually looking forward to finding some of small lakes off the beaten path a bit and just enjoying catching some panfish. As for hunting, there's a big State Forest right near by, and lots of other public access areas close to this area too. Can't wait to start learning the country. The clinic I'm going to work for was previously owned by a former employer of mine, Dr. Jerry Poland. Jerry was a great guy to work for, and just a hunting and fishing fool. We got along very well. Jerry definitely played on a higher field than I did. I went up and deer hunted with him one time, and my other party members that day included. Kent Hrbek of the Minnesota Twins, and Bud Grant, former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. Different stories for different times. Doc got killed in a car accident a few years back. We gathered the old crew together for his funeral, and it was one of the toughest ones I ever attended. He was really a good boss and just a great guy. Now I get to go roam the halls of this clinic which he built from the ground up with his own hands. I won't be working for Jerry, but the new owner seems real nice. She's building a very solid ophthalmology practice, and I'm glad to be a part of it. I feel like I'm honoring Jerry's memory and giving a little back too.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/22/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats Gopher!

You will love that area. Nice and clean and LOTS of outdoor activities. Should be more than enough public hunting. For fishing, just decide which direction you want to go that day.

The NHRA comes to town (Brainerd) every August. If you haven't experienced top fuel drag racing first hand, it is a must do.

The big ice fishing tournament on Gull Lake is a site to behold as well.

The Fleet Farm in Baxter is top notch (at least it was last time I was there)

There are a lot of little taverns that serve great food and the people are friendly.

It's an all around great area.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I want to do the races over there for sure. I've never seen the big boys run before. Looking forward to it. As a long ago retired sled racer, I'm looking forward to seeing some of that too. My brother and I ran sleds for a couple years in the late 70's. We had a mishmash of equipment-basically anything we could keep running for a few weeks and turn left. We ran lots of junk-Massey's, Speedway, Brut, Scorpions, and the like. Not even remotely competitive with that stuff. In 78 we pooled our funds and bought two tired Mercury Snow Twisters. We campaigned those sleds for a good two years, and did very well with them until Polaris rolled out their IFS RXL's in 1980. Just couldn't turn with them. It was a lot of fun, but I suffered two concussions, my brother got seriously injured in a race, and we hung it up. It was a ton of fun, and we made some great friends. Can't wait to go back to the races. Some of the guys we used to race against are team owners now, and I look forward to crossing paths with them again.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/23/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 65 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.