Ever since I moved up here from Ohio, I've wanted to move farther north, and out of the Twin Cities. There are all kinds of lakes, both big and small, as well as the Mississippi River within less than have an hour from my new home. Leech Lake is an hour away, and one of the best know walleye and musky lakes in the the state. I'm actually looking forward to finding some of small lakes off the beaten path a bit and just enjoying catching some panfish. As for hunting, there's a big State Forest right near by, and lots of other public access areas close to this area too. Can't wait to start learning the country. The clinic I'm going to work for was previously owned by a former employer of mine, Dr. Jerry Poland. Jerry was a great guy to work for, and just a hunting and fishing fool. We got along very well. Jerry definitely played on a higher field than I did. I went up and deer hunted with him one time, and my other party members that day included. Kent Hrbek of the Minnesota Twins, and Bud Grant, former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. Different stories for different times. Doc got killed in a car accident a few years back. We gathered the old crew together for his funeral, and it was one of the toughest ones I ever attended. He was really a good boss and just a great guy. Now I get to go roam the halls of this clinic which he built from the ground up with his own hands. I won't be working for Jerry, but the new owner seems real nice. She's building a very solid ophthalmology practice, and I'm glad to be a part of it. I feel like I'm honoring Jerry's memory and giving a little back too.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/22/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla