Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by Fireball2
I took apart a roof on a double wide mobile home once. Redman brand. About 1980 vintage. 1x2 roof trusses. As in 1"x2". No joke. Interior walls, 1x3.

Back in the early '70s an acquaintance bought a brand new mobile home and had it setup in a local mobile home park.

The mobile home park had poured concrete bases for bracing and concrete piers with sunken eye-bolts to connect storm tie-down straps to on every lot. He went to connect his storm straps but all he could find was a foot or so of the tie-down straps hanging loose from beneath the outside of the metal siding. He pulled on them as hard as he could but no more strap would come out.

He then called the mobile home sales business where he bought his at and was told that the storm straps were just rolled up and secured behind the exterior siding to prevent them from getting loosened and possibly dragging the ground during transport and then was told to simply unscrew the exterior panel above each strap, release extra length and connect.

He did as told but discovered there was no extra length rolled up underneath. What he found was instead of running up inside the exterior siding and over the top of the mobile home and down the opposite side as one piece like they were supposed to, the storm tie down straps on his were cut off and stapled directly to wood framing just beneath the siding.

Ship it, we got bills to pay!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?