Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
When people finally learn they can't shoot as well as they thought they want to blame something

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
I’m the luckiest sumbitch on the www I guess!! 😂😂

En route to Idaho right now with a couple leupold variables, I’m very concerned.. haha

Oooopsie, I called myself a sumbitch!!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by peeshooter

I thought you said second focal plane scopes are 100% worthless. LMFAO!

Feel free to quote where I said exactly that. I’ve killed more in a single week with SFP scopes than a lot of “hunters” will kill in their lifetime. For medium to long range use SFP introduces potential issues that do not need to be there.

I’ve killed a bunch of animals with scopes on muzzleloaders that never had a single round put on paper. I’ve killed deer after mounting a scope without ever firing a shot before killing the animal. I’ve killed them with iron sights, peep sights, BSA’s, Leupolds, Vortex, Zeiss, Swaro, etc, etc, etc.

So what. Because it can hit a 12” target at 50 paces it’s “good”. No. A scope is supposed to steer bullets correctly and consistently. A toaster is supposed to toast my bread. If it burns, I’m not happy just because the bread is edible.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Oh, what a little bitch ....laughing

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Easy Travis!!!

Wish I had a $20 for every time a bitch said those words.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My buddy runs a slaughter house, he kills a lot too, is “killing” all the same??? His favorite is 243 with 55’s.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Is a guy that kills 30 elk on a high fence, as good as a guy that’s killed 30 wild elk? Do does count? Do tree stand killed deer count? How bout does? Culling does constitutes a good “hunter” and good equipment??

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
A toaster is supposed to toast my bread. If it burns, I’m not happy just because the bread is edible.

I like toast.

hanco

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Easy Travis!!!

Wish I had a $20 for every time a bitch said those words.

Steelhead. You haven't been missed.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Feel free to quote where I said exactly that. I’ve killed more in a single week with SFP scopes than a lot of “hunters” will kill in their lifetime. For medium to long range use SFP introduces potential issues that do not need to be there.

I’ve killed a bunch of animals with scopes on muzzleloaders that never had a single round put on paper. I’ve killed deer after mounting a scope without ever firing a shot before killing the animal. I’ve killed them with iron sights, peep sights, BSA’s, Leupolds, Vortex, Zeiss, Swaro, etc, etc, etc.

So what. Because it can hit a 12” target at 50 paces it’s “good”. No. A scope is supposed to steer bullets correctly and consistently. A toaster is supposed to toast my bread. If it burns, I’m not happy just because the bread is edible.
I know a guy in Britain that earned his living as a professional game manager for 20 years. He was under contract to keep the muntjac, roe deer, red deer and sitka within carrying capacity on over 20 estates. If he failed to meet his quotas he would lose his contracts and not get paid. He was required under those contracts to kill over 600 of the various deer per year and did so every year. I guess he didn't know what he was doing or shoot enough or kill enough because he used a Tikka 695 chambered in .270 topped with a Swarovski scope to meet his quota's.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I know a guy in Britain that earned his living as a professional game manager for 20 years. He was under contract to keep the muntjac, roe deer, red deer and sitka within carrying capacity on over 20 estates. If he failed to meet his quotas he would lose his contracts and not get paid. He was required under those contracts to kill over 600 of the various deer per year and did so every year. I guess he didn't know what he was doing or shoot enough or kill enough because he used a Tikka 695 chambered in .270 topped with a Swarovski scope to meet his quota's.

Ooooopsie, he shoulda tried to better his skeelz!!! Haha

Oh and he’s a liar!!! Swarovski sucks!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bushnell EliteTactical DMR/HDMR/ERS/XRS/LRHS/LRTS

The Bushnells aren’t as solid as they were, because Bushnell got rid of the people who were responsible for bringing them to fruition.

Formi,

Was it George and Pat, that you are referring to? Or were there others, such as mil/leo?

Thanks,

Jason

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

You are very accomplished. ? How old are you.

Also very brave to hunt a gun that wasn’t zeroed! was wondering when you were going to become human for us mortals.

I prefer SFP for hunting and toast is [bleep], biscuits and gravy is where it’s at.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/23/19.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Formi,

Was it George and Pat, that you are referring to? Or were there others, such as mil/leo?

Thanks,

Jason

They helped, or at least George did. I’m not sure how much Pat was involved beyond the LRHS. However the drivers were the guys that ran the tactical/competition division.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Wow!!! A truck is supposed to start every day, sometimes the don’t.... Barnes bullets are supposed to mushroom perfectly, lotsa times they lose pedals... expandable broadheads are supposed to open on contact.... custom rifle barrels are supposed to shoot moa.... people aren’t supposed to lie.... god is for real... and on and on....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh Jon wick is for real too!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They helped, or at least George did. I’m not sure how much Pat was involved beyond the LRHS. However the drivers were the guys that ran the tactical/competition division.

Thanks for the info, Formi. Too bad those guys are gone. Seems like they made a lot of progress with the short/fast tactical scopes, then the LRHS/LRTS scopes.

Jason

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Wow!!! A truck is supposed to start every day, sometimes the don’t.... Barnes bullets are supposed to mushroom perfectly, lotsa times they lose pedals... expandable broadheads are supposed to open on contact.... custom rifle barrels are supposed to shoot moa.... people aren’t supposed to lie.... god is for real... and on and on....

Jud,

I think the point is that all of us can appreciate a truck that starts more reliably. No such thing as a truck that starts too consistently or a bullet that performs too predictably! It doesn't hurt to push manufacturers to bring us better and better products.

A man's hunting skills and activities should not be confused with his desire for the most dependable/functional equipment he can possibly get.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fredIII

I prefer SFP for hunting and toast is [bleep], biscuits and gravy is where it’s at.

You'll see the light one day, Fred. grin

Oh, and I'm with you on the biscuits and gravy. God's breakfast.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So, I don’t use the most reliable equipment I can get?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,771
Posts18,495,708
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.