Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that it is a function of people needing to pat themselves on the back by running down other people.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Bikinitoboots
Sorry international man of mystery!!

Who knows, no face, pics of lots of other folks, with faces blacked out?? Who the fuuck knows if your not pre diabetic, can hunt, can shoot?? Nobody.....Grin

I’ve read through this whole thread. You have literally offered nothing informative other than “you’re a nerd” type responses and passive aggressive chit talk. Which in my humble opinion, if you are going to talk chit to or about a member, you should quote them so they are aware.
As far as the international man of mystery and blacked out face pictures and no pictures of Form’s face being posted on the internet-some people work in banks and drive around in their trucks taking Selfies with bucks they shot with chitty scopes, and some people do not. Not one of my male hunting buddies am I able to post a picture online without their faces being blacked out-not one of them. And yet all of them are full of excellent information.
Use whatever scope you want. But when someone offers information that differs with your opinion, stop with the egotistical “my feelings are hurt” responses. And counter with information/data/something useful.

Yesterday, no rangefinder, but I’m thinking 350 ish yards, perty good wind, 80 gr ping pong ball via 6ai, 1 and done... no insulin involved...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload a photo

At least that one looks edible....
congrats!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

All due respect brother man, but dead critters does tell the tale, to me anyways, it means the scope is getting used, temp variables, bumped, dropped, carried etc...

More deer have been killed down south in the last 30 years with a Tasco mounted on see through rings than any other scope or combination. Thats not an exaggeration. Based on the dead critter theory, the sub $100 Tasco on see through mounts would be reliable. It absolutely is not.

I have killed many critters with Leupolds. They absolutely have failed me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just sighted in a Leupold Custom shop 3x with heavy duplex. Out of the box, i would think the cross hairs were centered. Maybe not....

First load tried. 150NBT and 54 grains of Big Game.

Started at 50 to get it on paper. Thru the bore looked close. It was 10inches high and 1 inch Right at 50yards. Hmmm, so much for any confidence in mounting a scope and going hunting. Walked it down with 3 shots.

Went to 100. 3 a little high into 1.25inches. Up 8 clicks and 4 left and out to 200. 3 into 2.25 inches practically dead nuts.

Back to 100: 4 at 3 inches high into perhaps 1.5. 3 went into 3/4.

Not great shooting, but 3x, Heavy Duplex with some target guessing, and first load tried in this rifle. I doubt if I will be able to blame Leupold on a Pa Woods Deer miss.

Last edited by battue; 11/25/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Went out like a biitch compared to a coues deer!!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith

All due respect brother man, but dead critters does tell the tale, to me anyways, it means the scope is getting used, temp variables, bumped, dropped, carried etc...

More deer have been killed down south in the last 30 years with a Tasco mounted on see through rings than any other scope or combination. Thats not an exaggeration. Based on the dead critter theory, the sub $100 Tasco on see through mounts would be reliable. It absolutely is not.

I have killed many critters with Leupolds. They absolutely have failed me.

Guess it depends on a guy’s definition of “reliable”, they’re obviously “holding zero” frequently enough to kill a shiit pot of deer!! 🤣🤣

Hell vortex has a cult like following by the flat bill competition crowd... I think more “shooters” here hate vortex more than leupold!!! 😆

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've still got a 3-9 monarch I love, sat on a 700 lss 338 rum without a break that shot under 1\2"

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lets ring out some scopes/rifles next February. I hate to be like you know who, but we'll toss them around for good measure, wring the neck out of the turrets, and see what they'll do.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya like to shoot Greg's prc too.

as aaside, you know how much hunting I do, around home, traveling, 4 states a year, Canada etc, do you think I'd slum leupold if I didn't have 100% confidence in em?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is like a suicide prevention hotline...Some trying to talk others outta making a life ruining decision by running the wrong type of scope...
😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

as aaside, you know how much hunting I do, around home, traveling, 4 states a year, Canada etc, do you think I'd slum leupold if I didn't have 100% confidence in em?

I hear you......I drug Leupy's to Sonora, MX and Africa several times. Probably culled/killed near 300 big game animals with them. I still use 'em, along with Bushy Elite's that Clint turned me on to.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hell Jud, its obvious you got confidence in them. grin grin grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This thread is like a suicide prevention hotline...Some trying to talk others outta making a life ruining decision by running the wrong type of scope...
😎

Fuuck I know it, I'm out man..... I'll just keep on keeping on.....😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks for the entertaining lunch time read.

Congrats on the deer Jud’.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I hear you......I drug Leupy's to Sonora, MX and Africa several times. Probably culled/killed near 300 big game animals with them. I still use 'em, along with Bushy Elite's that Clint turned me on to.

Uncle johnny, I witnessed Clint thrash his Bushnell for 5 days!! Walking into a glassing spot the morning I killed my buck he fell on it, and it didn't sound good!!! After shooting 28 times to kill my buck with Bama 's gun I thought it was off, well back at camp, he smashed a rock at 750 something!!!

PS, it wasn't 28 shots, but several, though laying like a banana on a bed of cactus, several "guess" shots through brush didn't help either... Great hunt, good guys, and a dead buck, like a sore dick, ya just can't beat it!!😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The most problems I’ve had and seen with some Leupold and Vortex scopes was with their optics made in the last 6-7 years “set and forget type scopes.

Way too much turret play in both elevation and windage, both while bore sighting and sighting in.

Several scopes of both manufacturers would have no reticle movement when spinning turrets to adjust a zero.

The Leupold/Vortex “Knock” used in an attempt to engage the erratic erector was silly, but tried.

😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM

Haha thanks.. It does get funny.

PS, what scopes you runnin? Grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM

Same...Nice buck JM...I hope your pack out sucked, like only western type of hunts can...Go Leupold! Grins 😂😎

“Molon Labe”
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I’m a peasant, I have Leupold, Burris and SWFA.

After typing that I probably need to call Beav’s suicide hotline.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by SLM

Same...Nice buck JM...I hope your pack out sucked, like only western type of hunts can...Go Leupold! Grins 😂😎

After I smoked him, I was like fuuck!!! Thank God I had my trekking poles.... It was snake\salmon river breaks country for reference.... Wish my boy was with me, that's for sure!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,802
Posts18,496,340
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.