Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM
I’m a peasant, I have Leupold, Burris and SWFA.

After typing that I probably need to call Beav’s suicide hotline.

Oh good lord, your fuucked like me!!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jud, you don't practice laying prone in prickly pear?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
I’m a peasant, I have Leupold, Burris and SWFA.

After typing that I probably need to call Beav’s suicide hotline.

Suicide Hotline.....What’s your situation?

Um, well, I hate myself for buying a Leupold and Burris scope and I’m depressed,,,,thinking I should do myself by jumping off this bridge an ending my long history of critter slaying misery...

Hotline....Jump, bitch!

LMFAO 😂😎

SLM,
You’ll live brother....Keep them dead critter pics coming

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jud, FWIW, I don't care what scope you use but for the love of life please don't pull off your shoes in my tent again.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Jud, you don't practice laying prone in prickly pear?

No or guessIng where the vitals are in ocatillo!!😂😂😂

I still got a festered up cactus in my hip!!Haha the one in my calf that looked like Greg shot me with a 17 hmr is healed up good!!! Good times though brother, one of the best\top trips I've done for sure!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jud, FWIW, I don't care what scope you use but for the love of life please don't pull off your shoes in my tent again.

Haha oh God damn, that shower at Greg's place was well needed, looked down at the water, looked like Rio Grande water!!!😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 4 bushnell 4200,2 elites,1 4500,3 6500. I dont see me needing anything else in this lifetime. Im good

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman

Haha oh God damn, that shower at Greg's place was well needed, looked down at the water, looked like Rio Grande water!!!😂😂

LMAO.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I have 4 bushnell 4200,2 elites,1 4500,3 6500. I dont see me needing anything else in this lifetime. Im good

Exactly, buuuuut, several here will say, you don't hunt hard, they are junk, they are not reliable, they do not maintain zero, failure rates are through the roof, you are a liar, blah blah blah.... As I said before, run whatcha brung, don't worry about other folks....

P.S., I have a 3200 with a firefly that has been $$$$

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Oh fûck it! I love you guys too even form!
I jumped and just landed in 24 hr purgatory.
But I I’m with you [bleep] so it will be ok.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bikinitoboots
Sorry international man of mystery!!

Who knows, no face, pics of lots of other folks, with faces blacked out?? Who the fuuck knows if your not pre diabetic, can hunt, can shoot?? Nobody.....Grin

I’ve read through this whole thread. You have literally offered nothing informative other than “you’re a nerd” type responses and passive aggressive chit talk. Which in my humble opinion, if you are going to talk chit to or about a member, you should quote them so they are aware.
As far as the international man of mystery and blacked out face pictures and no pictures of Form’s face being posted on the internet-some people work in banks and drive around in their trucks taking Selfies with bucks they shot with chitty scopes, and some people do not. Not one of my male hunting buddies am I able to post a picture online without their faces being blacked out-not one of them. And yet all of them are full of excellent information.
Use whatever scope you want. But when someone offers information that differs with your opinion, stop with the egotistical “my feelings are hurt” responses. And counter with information/data/something useful.

Happy thanksgiving scooter.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by hanco
I had Redfield scopes for 40 years, probably 35 of them. One or two went bad. All in all I’d give them an A. Sold all but two here in the classifieds when I decided to go Leupold. I now have about 40 Leupolds. I have CDS models, no problems yet.

How long does a scope need to last for its owner to consider it a good scope? It will eventually fail some day. If it lasts 40 years, then goes bad, would you curse it and say it was a bad scope? Cshit wears out eventually, don’t it??

Hanco with all due respect, you are full of chit. That many Leupolds cannot possibly get hunted hard and shot for thousands of rounds by one owner.
Besides shooting hogs in a pen is no test of anything.... your opinion is baseless

Its always the guys that have 50-100 rifles all scoped with leupolds that "never have problems" with them. Can you imagine how many times per year any of those 50-100 rifles get taken out and shot, let alone even taken out of the gun vault. I call bs as well. You know those rifles dont get shot. The sob is a collector, not a shooter.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
But, you go lurk on some other big shooting / hunting forums, and there are guys on there, many of whom appear to be very respected in those forums, who have high praise for a lot of the Chinese scope brands. Primary Arms, Vortex, Athlon, etc.

For example, one well respected guy on another forum reports that a couple of higher end Athlons track "perfectly," and that there is actually a little slop in the tracking of the Meopta Optika6. His words, not mine. I think it would be a good bet that some of the scope reviewers on here would disagree completely with those findings, at least on the Athlons.

So what is going on, are there really only SWFA and Nightforce? I'm not trying to stir pots, just genuinely trying to educate myself on dialing scopes. It is hard to figure out what to believe, when so many sources report wildly different opinions.

How many times have you heard about a bad Nightforce? Its pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
B
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Bikinitoboots
Sorry international man of mystery!!

Who knows, no face, pics of lots of other folks, with faces blacked out?? Who the fuuck knows if your not pre diabetic, can hunt, can shoot?? Nobody.....Grin

I’ve read through this whole thread. You have literally offered nothing informative other than “you’re a nerd” type responses and passive aggressive chit talk. Which in my humble opinion, if you are going to talk chit to or about a member, you should quote them so they are aware.
As far as the international man of mystery and blacked out face pictures and no pictures of Form’s face being posted on the internet-some people work in banks and drive around in their trucks taking Selfies with bucks they shot with chitty scopes, and some people do not. Not one of my male hunting buddies am I able to post a picture online without their faces being blacked out-not one of them. And yet all of them are full of excellent information.
Use whatever scope you want. But when someone offers information that differs with your opinion, stop with the egotistical “my feelings are hurt” responses. And counter with information/data/something useful.

Happy thanksgiving scooter.

Thanks, sport. Happy thanksgiving to you as well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fuuck Scott, nobody missed you , good ploy though

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
To the OP, I think you're over estimating SWFA. They may be popular on this site, but I have never seen one in the field when coming across other hunters.

Same is true of the Montana when it was the bees knees on here. Same with the now favored Fieldcraft. Still haven't seen one outside of a store.

Jud, wash your feet bud

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
To the OP, I think you're over estimating SWFA. They may be popular on this site, but I have never seen one in the field when coming across other hunters.

Same is true of the Montana when it was the bees knees on here. Same with the now favored Fieldcraft. Still haven't seen one outside of a store.

Jud, wash your feet bud

Jud only washes after hunting season.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Jud, wash your feet bud

It ain't a good idea to wash until spring. A protective crust is a good thing to have in the winter.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Jud, wash your feet bud

Yep clam diggin, honey does til February, then it’s rams and knife boars on kuaui!!! Oh and dishes... I’ll be mommas biitch for 9 months!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve got a few dozen Leupold and some Zeiss Conquest. They work great for me. The leupolds are 45 years old to new.
I’m mostly a PD shooter, and coyote caller with some informal target shooting and deer hunting.
Never had an SWFA so was not aware they were the holy grail.

NRA Patron
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 69sportfury, 14 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,537
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.