Campfire Kahuna
switch to butter

Margarine is the problem

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
yes that is correct thats why I put it in marks. Its a subcutaneous shot that affects LDLs in the liver, more so than directly chemical attack at cholesterol. Very few things in the body actually dissolve anything and its a word encompassing way to much and not specific enough. the trials have been run and its available, of course depending on ins. etc.

most of the confusion that comes out of cholesterol starts, --- the literature and discussion is keyed towards its effects in the arteries, because that is the location of the emergency, thus lay readers perceive this to be the focus of the efforts to solve the problem, and it is if the surgical part is the defining .

when its actually in the mitochondria in the liver, and the real focus is in the Krebs cycle, use of the "acetyl" part of the molecule. messages here get redirected, and pathways get crossed, sort of speak.

one message error leads to another and soon the hormones are involved. etc.

here is the really technical from the area of biological information theory

the main coders in the genes can be thought of as bit information, which if mapped form a sinusoidal wave in phase by the frequency of repetition of the same purines. this information process follows Shannons entropy laws, and as such can be tricked by using chemicals that change it back to the way it should be.
because of how science fields evolve each of the disciplines have their own names for the "players" only recently have the commonalities been "agreed on" one area that does this is information and coding theory

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by victoro
"side effects on statins a 5 in 10,000"

I don't believe the published side effect data of any prescription drugs and especially statin drugs. None of many people I know and have known were ever told about the possible side effects of statin drugs or even what to watch out for. Most of them had side effects but didn't realize statin drugs were causing them. There's too many side effects of statin drugs to list but here's some:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...n-depth/statin-side-effects/art-20046013

Also as far as I know there is no mechanism in place to report and track prescription drug problems to the drug maker or anybody else.

Basically a prescription drug can have any side effect that is possible.

side effect profile of statins is nothing compared to digitalis and penicillin.

The mechanism is only available to pharmacists and doctors. If the public were allowed it would be so swamped on every drug it would be useless

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
switch to butter

Margarine is the problem

yes, a large part of it.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The mechanism is only available to pharmacists and doctors.

That's good to know but a pharmacist has never asked me if I had any side effects from a prescription drug and they won't give your money back if you did. It's just not their problem. The Doc's response when I complained about a drug's side effects has been "Oh well let's (meaning me) try another drug" so it's not his problem either. They always leave it up to the pharmacist to tell you about side effects. If you buy a prescribed drug and suffer harm from it the pharmacy or Doc isn't normally liable for that harm. The drug company may be found liable but they rarely are.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

That's good to know but a pharmacist has never asked me if I had any side effects from a prescription drug and they won't give your money back if you did. It's just not their problem. The Doc's response when I complained about a drug's side effects has been "Oh well let's (meaning me) try another drug" so it's not his problem either. They always leave it up to the pharmacist to tell you about side effects. If you buy a prescribed drug and suffer harm from it the pharmacy or Doc isn't normally liable for that harm. The drug company may be found liable but they rarely are.

Fact is you don't know what gave you the side effect could have been the garlic with the potatoes.

the plural of anecdotal is not data

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Etoh

Fact is you don't know what gave you the side effect could have been the garlic with the potatoes.

the plural of anecdotal is not data

Have to admit that was good!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
"Also as far as I know there is no mechanism in place to report and track prescription drug problems to the drug maker or anybody else.

Here you go:

FDA Medwatch

I have submitted some and got a call from the FDA for followup on each one.

Last edited by justsaymoe; 11/26/19.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Wikipedia is available to everybody

Last edited by justsaymoe; 11/26/19.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had three heart attacks, then failed stents, then quadruple bypass in 2012. After that, I was on a fistful of pills twice a day. I started to question whether I needed to take all those pills. I quit taking blood thinners and fired my cardiologist. My new cardiologist told me that he takes bypass patients off thinners after a year. I was on them for six years.

Statins - I took generic Lipitor for years after the bypass surgery. I decided to see if it made any difference, and stopped taking it. My numbers went up, and taking it gave me no noticeable side effects, so I'm back on them and my numbers are down.

My wife gets statin side effects, as do her brother and sister. All three are in good shape, eat carefully, and exercise. None can handle statins. My brother-in-law is a lawyer - now a judge - and his doctor treats him like a peer. He says don't worry about the numbers, you're doing fine.

My wife feels she has to follow the doctor's orders and take the stuff. I told her to tell the doctors to take a hike. She just quit the latest statin as it made her sick, too. Sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by justsaymoe

Wikipedia is available to everybody

yes and it would be really nice if people read it so there wouldn't be any need for forums like this.

Last edited by Etoh; 11/26/19.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
"Also as far as I know there is no mechanism in place to report and track prescription drug problems to the drug maker or anybody else.

Here you go:

FDA Medwatch

I have submitted some and got a call from the FDA for followup on each one.

this is a different reporting type of system, mainly a number count, which puts a hash mark in one or more categories

The md one is more specific , type of symptoms, as well as course of action

most states have a poison control center that an individual can report to also.

most of a drugs side effects show up in the clinical trials before the drug is ok by the FDA,

unexpected side effects, as well as the ones that can be predicted by the mechanism of action are taken into account to evaluate the manufacturers "exposure" before going into full release.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Fact is you don't know what gave you the side effect could have been the garlic with the potatoe"
the plural of anecdotal is not data"

Bullshit! When I say I've had a bad reaction to a prescription drug it's a fact and my Doc has always agreed. I know your kidding but as far as the garlic and potatoes nothing gives me indigestion.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Have you ever had his wife's cooking??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Your doc is always going to agree --goood business practice!

indigestion was one of 100 different things that may be causative. unless you can show some kind of elimination of control factors your testimonials don't mean shhit

Im not in the "medicine" side of this only relating certain information,,, I don't give a [bleep] if you take drugs or not.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
1) "most of a drugs side effects show up in the clinical trials before the drug is ok by the FDA,"

A few thousand people participate in clinical trails before a drug is approved by the FDA and after the drug is approved it can be prescribed to many MILLIONS of people. It's hard to get a dangerous drug off the market once the FDA has approved it.

2) "unexpected side effects, as well as the ones that can be predicted by the mechanism of action are taken into account"

Medical double talk? How can you take unexpected (unknown) side effects into account?

3) "MedWatch is the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) program"

I've never heard of this program and don't know anybody who has but from the website: "Your health care provider is NOT required to report to the FDA". Doctors are not going to waste their time reporting drug problems to the FDA because they're to busy with insurance problems. I really feel sorry for today's Doctors.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, some of us will die sooner than others....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Your doc is always going to agree --goood business practice!

indigestion was one of 100 different things that may be causative. unless you can show some kind of elimination of control factors your testimonials don't mean shhit

Im not in the "medicine" side of this only relating certain information,,, I don't give a [bleep] if you take drugs or not."

My Doc's seldom agree with me because they want to prescribe drug for every minor ailment. It's usually not that difficult to figure out if your having a bad reaction to something and not just drugs. My testimonials? Eliminating control factors? Do you normally talk like that?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Haha,

no Im retired, just check into 24hr, to see if they have any good gun pictures,

yes and doc hears you say you have a drug reaction he or she is not going to argue with you --- think about it.

drugs get mis prescribed every day, off label uses, over doses, docs are required to report adverse reactions if certain events occur.

again your testimonials are some fact, some inference, some supposition, and some guess . the correlation that you where taking the drug at the same time is just that.

if you show up in an er, with such and such symptoms and reported to have taken so, and so drug it will be treated that way.

report to FDA, "yes sir we are one it"
report check scam to FBI, "yes sir we know about that one"
report drug dealers on street corner "yes sir we've been watching them"

one mans bad reaction is another mans high

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 25aught6, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 49 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,922
Posts18,518,836
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.