Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by nksmfamjp
Wow! This is about the harshest thread I’ve ever read. Value friendships much?

People who value your friendship will go the extra mile to fit in and to follow the rules, especially if they know anything about hunting. If they don't, then they're not your friends.

Okie John

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I have 160 acres of my own! I wanna help those that don't get to hunt much but I rarely invite anyone due to those "misunderstandings" that happen but those times that I do extend an invite the rules of engagement are explained fully and that any brain farts will not be tolerated.

I have a lady and her husband coming this weekend to hunt! She has never killed a deer but Ive explained to her what I expect and what I will allow her to shoot!

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'd just told him not to shoot it and less than a minute later he shot it. It was the only buck in the field, so there was no misunderstanding. When I asked him why he shot it, he said that he wanted to shoot a buck and punch his tag.

I pay for the lease, so I get to set the rules, Besides, if you shoot little bucks, they never get the opportunity to grow into whatever their potential is and isn't the whole point of shooting an animal with antlers to shoot one with either a large or unusual set of antlers?

That's pretty cut and dried right there. He feels entitled, doesn't appreciate your generosity nor does he respect you. Adios.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I’d be irritated. Give him a ration of schit. But I value friends more than I value deer, so I certainly wouldn’t get too worked up about it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
I’d be irritated. Give him a ration of schit. But I value friends more than I value deer, so I certainly wouldn’t get too worked up about it.

Not my friend, my son's friend, just another person's kid to me. With my son going off to college next year and me moving on to wherever I retire to, this was probably this kids last opportunity to hunt bucks with us anyway. The fact that he blatantly shot the deer after I specifically told him not to definitely put a crimp in how I feel about having him around me, even more so if he has a loaded firearm in his hands.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kid needs to learn about accountability and consequences. I specifically told you no but you did anyway. This means I can’t trust you, so I’d rather not be around you.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Not my friend, my son's friend, just another person's kid to me. With my son going off to college next year and me moving on to wherever I retire to, this was probably this kids last opportunity to hunt bucks with us anyway. The fact that he blatantly shot the deer after I specifically told him not to definitely put a crimp in how I feel about having him around me, even more so if he has a loaded firearm in his hands.

I was speaking in general. Your situation would irritate me but I’ll still choose my friends over deer.

That said, I would never blatantly shoot a deer a host asked me not to.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

I was speaking in general. Your situation would irritate me but I’ll still choose my friends over deer.

That said, I would never blatantly shoot a deer a host asked me not to.

Like a lot of undisciplined kids, just “testing” to see if you really meant it....

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I got a free invite to a deer lease about a month ago but turned it down. I dont know anyone at the lease and Im at the point in my life that I dont care if I hunt deer anymore or not. Never thought I would ever say those words.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm for people shooting whatever buck makes them happy. This "only big bucks are worth shooting" is a big crock of shyt and I have no desire to force it on others, especially young/new hunters. I wouldn't belong to or accept an invitation to hunt on a lease where a bunch of lame ass dickheads would tell me where, how or when I can hunt or what I could and couldn't shoot. I was given permission to hunt a piece of private land that came with a bunch of restrictions a few years back. "Don't shoot any spikes or forks, don't shoot this 8 pointer or that 9 point cuz they'll be real slammers in a couple more years" yada yada yada. The guy had game cams all over the property and was showing me pictures of what bucks I could and couldn't shoot. I ended up telling him "no thanks" and have never hunted there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How does your son feel about the situation?

Just curious.

Black Cows Matter!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I bring a guest, I sit in the blind with them. That way they don't shoot something they're not supposed to. In rare instances, I put them in my blind and I'll sit in another members blind (but that's usually only if we're hunting pigs).

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gsganzer
If I bring a guest, I sit in the blind with them. That way they don't shoot something they're not supposed to. In rare instances, I put them in my blind and I'll sit in another members blind (but that's usually only if we're hunting pigs).

I was in the blind with the shooter and had specifically told him not to shoot the little buck just before he shot it. Last year, this same kid followed directions without question, which is why he was invited back.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by muleshoe
How does your son feel about the situation?

Just curious.

My son is madder at his friend than I am. I think that my son was embarrassed by his friend's disobedience, 'cause he knows that I am a stickler for following the rules and particularly strict when firearms are involved..

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Blackheart,

I have you on "ignore" and won't read your posts, but assume that it reflects your values and is therefore of no value to me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
8 of us have a 1200 acre wooded lease, and we eliminated some problems by having one rule. If it is legal by Game Commission law, then it is up to the individual. All of us pay for the same ground. There are no restrictions of your stand is here, mine is there. None of the silly, posting your spot on a map for the day. Some like to still hunt and not be stuck in one place. They paid the same for every acre as someone else. We don't crowd another if we know they are there, but if I wander past you on stand and had no reason to know you were there, then that's the way it goes.

One guy years ago put in a small food plot and thought that gave him exclusive right to some unspecific amount of land. He felt it was off limits even if he wasn't there. That became clarified quickly.

Everyone does things different, and the above situation is another issue. However, unnecessary rules cause their own problems. And often there are those who want to make rules .

Last edited by battue; 11/28/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Blackheart,

I have you on "ignore" and won't read your posts, but assume that it reflects your values and is therefore of no value to me.
I have to toggle your posts too because I consider you a worthless dickhead and have had you on ignore for quite some time. That hasn't changed and is unlikely to in the future.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
8 of us have a 1200 acre wooded lease, and we eliminated some problems by having one rule. If it is legal by Game Commission law, then it is up to the individual. All of us pay for the same ground. There are no restrictions of your stand is here, mine is there. None of the silly, posting your spot on a map for the day. Some like to still hunt and not be stuck in one place. They paid the same for every acre as someone else. We don't crowd another if we know they are there, but if I wander past you on stand and had no reason to know you were there, then that's the way it goes.

One guy years ago put in a small food plot and thought that gave him exclusive right to some unspecific amount of land. He felt it was off limits even if he wasn't there. That became clarified quickly.

Everyone does things different, and the above situation is another issue. However, unnecessary rules cause their own problems. And often there are those who want to make rules .

That's the best lease I've ever heard of. Congratulations on finding a good one.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Highly doubtful you two would get along on a lease. laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by battue

That's the best lease I've ever heard of. Congratulations on finding a good one.

We don't even need a stinking meeting. You pay your money to the landowner, sign a contract with him and get a key to the one gate. Someone becomes an [bleep] the landowner removes them quickly.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.