Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last time I got my passport renewed spent a little extra and got a passport card to carry all the time. It's come in very handy.

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And it's all a load of bleep, security theater. Went through that a few years ago and the documents I needed beyond the documents I needed for my first driver's license long ago were only marginally harder to forge. One thing I did notice though. Physically we're all asymmetrical in some respect. For me when I think I'm holding my head straight my head is on a very slight tilt. Vision problem I think. Anyway it took a little back and forth with the camera guy to get my head straight enough. Desirable for early generation computer facial recognition. Sounds to me like China is just catching up. What's curious is that in China the government is installing surveillance cameras. Here we're doing it to ourselves. Like installing Ring who makes money providing the video to the government. And people think Ring helping the police keep us safe is just wonderful.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman3
fugg em!

IN SPADES...........

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Windfall
iit will cost you

You mention cost twice. Does the price of a new driver’s license seriously impact your lifestyle?

Seems like a small price to pay to be sure the mud in the seat across the aisle is who he says he is.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And it's all a load of bleep, security theater. Went through that a few years ago and the documents I needed beyond the documents I needed for my first driver's license long ago were only marginally harder to forge. One thing I did notice though. Physically we're all asymmetrical in some respect. For me when I think I'm holding my head straight my head is on a very slight tilt. Vision problem I think. Anyway it took a little back and forth with the camera guy to get my head straight enough. Desirable for early generation computer facial recognition. Sounds to me like China is just catching up. What's curious is that in China the government is installing surveillance cameras. Here we're doing it to ourselves. Like installing Ring who makes money providing the video to the government. And people think Ring helping the police keep us safe is just wonderful.

Facial Recognition doesn't work near as well as most believe. The vast majority of the "results" are false positives, where the software singles out a wrong person.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Utah just sent me my new one with the star. Wasn't up for renewal, didn't have to bring papers, or do a single thing. It just showed up in the mail.

I carry four photo IDs: Utah DL, Utah CCW, military retiree, and VA. And, I have a passport.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
fugg em!

IN SPADES...........

Sort of fugging yourself in one great last act of defiance. So fine - don't be able to fly, don't be able to open a bank account. Don't mean bleep to the gov't.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Facial Recognition doesn't work near as well as most believe. The vast majority of the "results" are false positives, where the software singles out a wrong person.

And so not having to compensate for head tilt was meaningful. But they're getting better with massive increases of memory and processing power. Heard all the BS on AI? Has nothing to do with intelligence, artificial or otherwise. Code for that massive increase in memory and processing power. So computers still do no more than they've always done, only faster and more thoroughly.

But if that's where they wee headed way back when the Real ID Act was born, I wonder where they are now. The only saving grace is the government's profound ability to screw up the implementation.

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Facial Recognition doesn't work near as well as most believe. The vast majority of the "results" are false positives, where the software singles out a wrong person. [/quote]

Facial recognition always works for McGee and Gibbs.
😉

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Windfall
October 1, 2020 you will need an official Real ID star they call it on your drivers license, a U.S. passport or military ID to fly within the U.S. Our driver's licenses don't come up for renewal for years here and they won't be recognized as "official" unless they have that star on them! The wife tried to get a new drivers licence with the official star and the hoops they make you jump through is amazing and she didn't bring the right stuff to the DMV and couldn't get the star. dhs.gov tells you what you need to bring to the DMV if you want to get a new licence which will cost you. The DMV guy asked the wife if her married name was on her birth certificate? Say what? She may have snarked the guy for asking a stupid question hence no star for her. Anyway just a heads up it will cost you to have an up to date passport or a new driver licence if you expect to be able to fly anywhere late this next year. FYI.

Just get your passport. It's probably easier. I was surprised just how easy it was.

Yep

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
got my star card last month

I found a loophole. Instead going to the DMV, ( our's is horrible...4 hour wait for anything) and have to sit next Smallpox Sam and Typhoid Mary and fugger with a rainbow clown wig holding a pet chicken...

Next county over is very small, very rural. The county clerk of that county did mine. In/out 20 minutes, I was the only one there. Like Mr Haney from Green Acres type guy. cost me $12

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Texczech

Facial recognition always works for McGee and Gibbs.
😉[/quote]
Every.Friggin.Time!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fugg em!

IN SPADES...........

Sort of fugging yourself in one great last act of defiance. So fine - don't be able to fly, don't be able to open a bank account. Don't mean bleep to the gov't.

Get your [bleep] together and you don't have to fly commercial .... already got a bank account and it doesn't require a star. What else you got?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
fugg em!

IN SPADES...........

Get your [bleep] together and you don't have to fly commercial .... already got a bank account and it doesn't require a star. What else you got?

You and Grett can enjoy your sailboats.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cra1948
Last time I got my passport renewed spent a little extra and got a passport card to carry all the time. It's come in very handy.

This. Much easier and it took about five minutes at the post office to apply. Three weeks to get by mail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time I went to renew my DL, the clerk started her bored litany of acceptable ID’s. I cut her of with “how about a passport”?

Those passport cards come in awfully handy.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We whipped out my 16 yr old daughter's passport book at the DMV. They were giving us chit when getting her driver's permit, bs bout needing a light bill, a water bill, gawd...here how bout this??? Didn't want throw the ace card out too early.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by hanco
I have star on license, also I have a passport.

Don’t have a passport, but do have that gold star on my license. Showed up when last renewed. Got it due to requirements for my CCW.

Yep. In TX, if you have a Handgun License aka LTC, you get the “star” Drivers License because you’ve already been through an extensive background check.

I noticed the star on mine when I renewed my DL last year.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCW, CDL with hazmat for almost 30 years, homeland security background
check for the last couple renewals.

I really shouldn't need any BS to get a star.
No vet should either.
Bet it don't work that way in this crooked state though.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I don't care much about all the beauracracy and all the BS they do, i hate the waiting. Just forget about getting anything else done on the day you renew your ID.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.