Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Don't do facebook...never will.......

anybody with a lick of sense stays away from that crap.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Nope

So there can be no redemption? Not only is that against the American ethos but it's against modern penal science. Again you have to go back to, "The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so. " and hopefully they recognize the magnitude of their indiscretions. Sometimes they do on reflection, sometimes they need that slap up side the head to capture their attention.

Of course sometimes nothing works and they need to be isolated from society. Once saw an old-ish guy charged with public intoxication, repeat offender. Obviously an alcoholic. Multiple programs were available. Judge bent over backwards but the defendant said that whatever, he was going to keep drinking even if it killed him. One of th saddest things I've seen.

On the other hand there was a high school age kid that was picked up for shooting a deer out of season. He pleaded guilty, allocuted in open court, and acknowledged that he'd done wrong. Very convincingly. A man who was obviously his father was present with a look like I'll fix his wagon if he ever does something like that again. No doubt in my mind he's not been back in court and has become an upstanding citizen. aAnd I've known more like him than the other.

Haven't been dealing with it for anything like 28 years but have seen good things happen.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Looks like it was shot in the spine and paralyzed. Those two [bleep] kids definitely sociopaths.Must of had wonderful parents

Looking at them, I feel like I’ve already met their “parents”.

Also looks to me that those two youths are high on something.

And its not weed, there is history that will come out, a brother, a police chief and.........Its a sad situation, small town USA !

What are you alluding to here?? I am asking because I was told last night that one of the boys father is the police chief... I was also told that the other boys father owns a BBQ joint in or near Brookville and supposedly people on facebook have started a boycott of it. I have no idea if any of this is true but am curious.

ETA: I just read on another site that the chief of police is the step dad of one of the kids and that the father of the other has a local business so there may be some merit as to what I was told yesterday.

Last edited by JTman; 12/02/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1

Don't do facebook...never will.......

anybody with a lick of sense stays away from that crap.

Pretty obvious most the posters in this thread spiraled down the Face Book rabbit hole long ago.
Like a bunch of old ninnies leaning on the gossip fence they have advanced this to judgment of parents, drug use and of course capital punishment is now in order.
What a joke.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
FB more useful than those kids.

One can be used for your business

Hunting sometimes doesn't go as planned.
But then, it also doesn't morph into what those kids did.

The camera or peer pressure didn't "make" them do it.
They have no concept of respect.

And yeah, that would go with some parenting flaws.
The fact they did it was bad enough.
But then they were even more A hole/stupid..............to video it.
And then even worse.............post it.

Chain of poor decisions.

The only way anybody'd forgive em is if they were black athletes.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/02/19.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looks like it was shot in the spine and paralyzed. Those two [bleep] kids definitely sociopaths.Must of had wonderful parents

It seems to me that it's the parents who need the ass-kicking FIRST.....then the kids. Loss of hunting/fishing licenses for life is a start. I see that these two did the same thing before and filmed it....they started out torturing a chipmunk. It's my guess that these two are serial killers in training.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Have fam that works juvi detention center.
Lots of fugged up kids out there.
Usually low IQ, or abused, or parents did drugs.

These guys fit the low IQ/drug thing pretty well.
Don't think it was a total loss of social graces.

Chances are, outside of this incident, they are dumbfuggs all around.
See what pops up on their record the next 5 yrs. Or 10.

Funny, some old coworkers got into bad trouble legally, and if you ran the clock backwards, they were slight misfits all the way back.
Functional but just a tiny bit "different". In the way you just knew, subtle..........but alarming.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Even a varmint deserves a quick exit.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kolofardos
I wish I never opened the link. F ucking scumbags.

I only watched until the first kick and got sick to my stomach. Little MF'ers! mad

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
projection and enabling horrific behavior

You obviously have a different perspective regarding human nature.

Your character is basically formed by age 12 and these two angels didn't just shoot a deer out off season or steal a six pack of beer from 7 11. They torture animals and seem to derive great joy from the process and record their torture. . An ass kicking from an imaginary parent won't fix their behavior or their future as adults. They're evil sociopaths and they will become more dangerous as they age and will learn from getting caught and be more cautious in the future. I certainly wouldn't want to live in the same neighborhood as them.

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Nope

So there can be no redemption? Not only is that against the American ethos but it's against modern penal science. Again you have to go back to, "The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so. " and hopefully they recognize the magnitude of their indiscretions. Sometimes they do on reflection, sometimes they need that slap up side the head to capture their attention.

Of course sometimes nothing works and they need to be isolated from society. Once saw an old-ish guy charged with public intoxication, repeat offender. Obviously an alcoholic. Multiple programs were available. Judge bent over backwards but the defendant said that whatever, he was going to keep drinking even if it killed him. One of th saddest things I've seen.

On the other hand there was a high school age kid that was picked up for shooting a deer out of season. He pleaded guilty, allocuted in open court, and acknowledged that he'd done wrong. Very convincingly. A man who was obviously his father was present with a look like I'll fix his wagon if he ever does something like that again. No doubt in my mind he's not been back in court and has become an upstanding citizen. aAnd I've known more like him than the other.

Haven't been dealing with it for anything like 28 years but have seen good things happen.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
projection and enabling horrific behavior

You obviously have a different perspective regarding human nature.

Your character is basically formed by age 12 and these two angels didn't just shoot a deer out off season or steal a six pack of beer from 7 11. They torture animals and seem to derive great joy from the process and record their torture. . An ass kicking from an imaginary parent won't fix their behavior or their future as adults. They're evil sociopaths and they will become more dangerous as they age and will learn from getting caught and be more cautious in the future.

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,556
Posts18,473,040
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.