Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
PENSACOLA, Fla. >> A U.S. official has identified the shooter at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola as a Saudi Arabian aviation student. Authorities are investigating if the shooting was terrorism-related. The shooting was the second at a U.S. Navy base this week. Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan says 11 people were shot in today’s attack, four of whom died, including the shooter. Base commander Capt. Timothy Kinsella Jr. says the base will remain closed until further notice.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE

PENSACOLA, Fla. >> A shooter opened fire in a classroom building at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola this morning in an attack that left four people dead, including the assailant, and multiple people wounded. The shooting — the second at a U.S. Navy base this week — prompted a massive law enforcement response and a lockdown at the base.

Eleven people were shot all together, including two sheriff’s deputies who were the first to respond, one of whom killed the shooter, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said. One of the deputies was shot in the arm and the other in the knee, and both were expected to recover, he said.

Commanding base officer Capt. Timothy Kinsella Jr. would not say if the shooter belonged to the military and said he did not want to speculate on whether the shooting was terrorism-related.

The base remained closed until further notice and those still there would be evacuated when authorities decided it was safe to do so, Kinsella said.

Lucy Samford, 31, said her husband, a Navy reservist and civilian worker on the base, was about 500 yards from where the shooting happened. She said she got a call from him a little after 7 a.m. and “one of the first things out of his mouth was, ‘I love you. Tell the kids I love them. I just want you to know there’s an active shooter on base.’”

Her husband, whom she declined to identify, later told her he was OK.

NAS Pensacola employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel, according to its website. One of the Navy’s most historic and storied bases, it sprawls along the waterfront southwest of downtown Pensacola and dominates the economy of the surrounding area.

Part of the Pensacola base resembles a college campus, with buildings where 60,000 members of the Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard receive training each year in multiple fields of aviation.

The base is home is home to the Blue Angels flight demonstration team, and includes the National Naval Aviation Museum, a popular regional tourist attraction.

The shooting is the second at a U.S. naval base this week. A sailor whose submarine was docked at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, opened fire on three civilian employees Wednesday, killing two before taking his own life.

Alex McGinley, a tattoo artist who works near the Pensacola base, said he was alerted to the shooting by one of his clients, most of whom are military personnel. He said none of his clients was among those shot.

“What kind of things go through a person’s mind to a level that makes them do something like that?” McGinley asked.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019...-including-shooter-at-florida-navy-base/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Why are we still letting them come here to learn to fly? I'm sure that Jorge may be able to provide some insight on this subject.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why not just go "Old West", Everybody carry a weapon, and we just shoot the schidt out of the problem people.

The hell with a gun-free zone.....

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
“The AP is reporting that the suspect in Friday's shooting at a Navy base in Pensacola, Fla. is a Saudi Arabian national. He was attending aviation school in the US, which should raise eyebrows: The last group of Saudi nationals who sought flight lessons in the US pulled off 9/11.

However, his name apparently wasn't released.

It's still unclear whether the shooting is terror-related, authorities said, but they are diligently investigating. It's unclear if the attacker was there on government business or simply as a private citizen, the AP reports.

The shooter opened fire in a classroom building on Friday morning, which suggests he was on the base for a reason. The assailant managed to kill three others before he was killed by officers with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, who arrived on the scene and fatally shot the suspect after exchanging gunfire. FBI and ATF agents also responded to the scene.

At least eight others, including two police officers, were wounded in the cross-fire.

One officer was shot in the leg and is currently in surgery and another officer was shot in the arm and is still at the hospital. Both are expected to survive.”

See:

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/active-shooter-pensacola-naval-air-station-least-10-casualties

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gentlemen, this was my twilight tour command. I retired from there in 08 and I spent the last year rebuilding the inside with museum quality paintings and mementoes from Naval Aviation. I hope all the civilians that worked for me have since retired, but I suspect someone will let me know otherwise . Hatari was at my retirement and had been in my office. You know, when I first heard this, I immediately thought of the hundreds of Saudis and other arabs we have running around there. This is awful..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, I know that building.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope that Saudi prick looked like a Swiss Cheese when they were done! RIP Pensacola warriors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
apparently Saudi's taking aviation training here no longer raises an eyebrow?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What a surprise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
apparently Saudi's taking aviation training here no longer raises an eyebrow?
They have been there for over forty years.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They served justice on him!!!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You would have thought there would have been some modification of that program,after it was discovered that nine of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

The shooter has been identified as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a member of the Saudi Air Force who was in the US for flight training (so on official government business).

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The response from Trump:

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Gentlemen, this was my twilight tour command. I retired from there in 08 and I spent the last year rebuilding the inside with museum quality paintings and mementoes from Naval Aviation. I hope all the civilians that worked for me have since retired, but I suspect someone will let me know otherwise . Hatari was at my retirement and had been in my office. You know, when I first heard this, I immediately thought of the hundreds of Saudis and other arabs we have running around there. This is awful..

Indeed, it is awful. I feel for the families and the survivors. Hopefully Jorge, no one you knew was involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
so, not every Muslim is a terrorist. but every terrorist is a Muslim.
got it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kid0917
so, not every Muslim is a terrorist. but every terrorist is a Muslim.
got it.

It certainly seems like it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There is, I've been told, an ocean or two between here and Muzzieland. So, if a muzzie gets here, assuming he doen't come by a rubber raft...someone, as a Federal employee or someone following Federal rules...authorizes his entry and exit from an aircraft.
Ergo: every single incident can be traced to yet another failure of government. And their answer to this is, we got the TSA patting granny's behind and taking off our shoes.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I took the family to the museum there several years back. There was an older gentleman who would drive you around the flight line and tell you about the different aircrafts sitting there. He’d flown several of them, and was really interesting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From FOX. News:

Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-ai...shooter-reported-shelter-in-place-issued

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 2ndwind, 4214chip, 35 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,642
Posts18,533,628
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.