-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m an equal opportunity scope slut. I will run most anything from Sig Whiskey 5’s,
Schmidt Bender, Sightron, Zeiss, Bushnell, Nightforce and SWFA.

My glass fits the conditions I hunt, and the level of importance of the critter.

The Leupold’s I have left are in no danger of being tripped.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got a Steiner for knob twisting, and probably will be buying a Nightforce SHV for one. Quite honestly though, I have put a Burris on one, a Nikon on one my son broke, and a Primary Arms on an AR. There's a time and place for everything.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
usually a Leupold of a different power. range...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
3-9x's that sell on here for $150 are a steal

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
leupold for set them and forget them are great but if your a long range knob twister then your leupold will be off your rifle more than it's on back and forth to leupold, after sending my 8.5x25 LRT back so much went to nightforce

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned over 50 Leupolds and the only one I ever returned for failure was one that came to me on a swapped rifle....it had been diddled by a previous owner. Leupold replaced it.

In the old days I used Weaver K4s without complaint. I've also owned B&L, Simmons, Zeiss, Sightron, Minox, and SWFA and maybe a few others. The only one remaining now is a SWFA 10x.

When I change something these days it's an upgrade in Leupold. I went from Vari-X IIs through the -3s and am now moving toward VX-5s. The 2-10s are fine for my big game rifles but I think I could live with 3-15s on everything. I still may delve into Nightforce and upper-end Sightrons and maybe something else one day, but it's hard to say. I've been satisfied with Leupold for a long time, but I do not twist turrets. Never know what the future holds, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
3-9x's that sell on here for $150 are a steal

VXIIc is an old skool good’n......

I still wonder how many “pukes” are from stupid schit, misaligned receivers & bases, and ham fisted fasteners.

25# of torque doesn’t “feel” like much.

Anywhoo......

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
In the past, my search started and stopped with finding the best price on the given Leupold I wanted. I doubt I will replace those that have worked well unless something happens. That said, the last three scopes I have bought have been Sightron and Burris (2) and I have been happy. I'm thinking my next scope will be a Meopta.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am down to just a few rifles that get shot a lot. The safe queens are almost all gone for me. Nightforce NXS are now on my 3 most used rigs. Eventually may replace the 6x SWFA on my beater 30-06 but really no reason. I only consider two brands at this time and those are them. I hunt in the west exclusively and repeatable dialing is my most important scope feature.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Replacing my Leupolds? Hell, I just now moved up to Leupold territory. Got my first VX 3i 3.5-10x40 off the little brown truck last week.

Be nice to us bottom feeders.

I picked up a vx3i a few years ago and thought I was moving up too. My sons older nikon buckmaster is a clearer scope.

Last edited by killerv; 12/11/19.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I just started buying Nikons. laugh
Wasn’t there something on the Fire about Nikon getting out of the riflescope business.

Or did I dream that? May be a good idea to do a search before going too far in that direction.

DF
Yep. Good time to get great prices on them.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Wasn’t there something on the Fire about Nikon getting out of the riflescope business.

Or did I dream that? May be a good idea to do a search before going too far in that direction.

DF

What's gonna happen to Nikon CS with their scopes?

At least Leupold has great CS. You know they will fix or replace them.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

DF

Sent a email to Nikon....they will be honoring there "Life Time Warrantee"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started using Leupolds in 1964 (12 years old), and have never had one puke.

That being said, I'm not a knob twister.

Presently have 5 Leupolds, and one SWFA SS 10 X 42 on rifles.

Leupold has been good to me.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

DF

What's gonna happen to Nikon CS with their scopes?

At least Leupold has great CS. You know they will fix or replace them.

DF

The funny thing is that the only scopes I have ever had to regularly have repaired were Leupolds! I did take a fall with a varmint rifle and bend the tube on a higher power Monarch which Nikon replaced once about 15 years ago. Leupold warranty reminds me of the movie Tommy Boy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do Nikon's break?

I've always had good luck with them.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Do Nikon's break?

I've always had good luck with them.

I had a nikon monarch break on a 700 mountain synthetic 270. That gone had considerable recoil. Shipped off to nikon and had it back in maybe 3 weeks.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
On my wood stocked pre 64 M70 I'm still liking leupolds, but on the customized synthetic M70's I have either swaro or kahles scopes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had too many issues so I changed all my scopes out to Zeiss. I went with mid-level Zeiss scopes such as the HD5, V4 and V6.

IMHO, these Zeiss models offer the most value in the market. They are simply fantastic and durable. I don’t see myself going with anything else.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy is crazy for using a Leupold. And weaver mounts. And wood. And a Mouser.

[Linked Image from nitroexpress.info]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.