Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Maybe this is the part where we find out the answer to the often debated question , Will the military go against the citizens ?

Mike

If the military shows up with Bradley vehicles or other personnel carriers with .50 call guns on them, is there really anything armed citizens can do?

Said personnel have to de-bark at some point.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

szihn, As usual, your comments are very articulate and accurate! I certainly hope that there are enough Patriots left, that are willing to take a stand. That stand should have taken place when LaVoy Finicum was murdered by the “federales” and the Oregon police. It appears that the time for a stand is nearing.....unless someone “reels in” the Virginia government! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Maybe this is the part where we find out the answer to the often debated question , Will the military go against the citizens ?

Mike

If the military shows up with Bradley vehicles or other personnel carriers with .50 call guns on them, is there really anything armed citizens can do?

If Afghanistan is any indication, yes a lot.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain

If you'd been at the meetings you'd understand the political climate here. People are ready to fight. This is an uprising and if they push we're gonna shove back hard. There will be no registration and there sure as hell won't be any confiscation.

If they’re ready to fight now, why weren’t they ready to vote? Somehow, the majority of the people in Virginia elected these people. I can see one or two races having some voter fraud, but the whole state?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

War is hell! If they send in the Virginia National Guard......you know where they live. If they want too destroy your family....the threat of taking their family out will “temper their will to fight”! Not a pleasant thought....just reality! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I am in the North Carolina Air National Guard. I don't see that order being obeyed. We swore an oath to the constitution, not the Governor.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
First they have to pass the proposed law. Then it'lll have to pass the inevitable court challenges, with implimentation likely being delayed while that process plays out, especially considering the potential impact it'll have.

The Dems hold a slim majority. Gotta think a lot of them are going to think twice about this, at least in the current form. They might go for a Lite version to avoid it failing as is.

Bottom line is that it's doubtfull that armed conflict is going to break out any time soon, unless the Dems decide to go for the gold and damn the consequences. We shall see. Governor Ralph only has one shot at this because of term limits (1) for that office in VA, so he might just might push this all the way.

If this gets passed and stands, I'll have to adjust my lifestyle a good bit, as VA is just a stone's throw away, and the most convenient place for me to shop and BTW, shoot.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Likely they will attempt to force compliance with the Guard from another state.....which is what happened in NOLA. The Guard from another state has “no dog in the hunt”.....so they will obey the orders! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 12/13/19.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by memtb

Likely they will attempt to force compliance with the Guard from another state.....which is what happened in NOLA. The Guard from another state has “no dog in the hunt”.....so they will obey the orders! memtb

Common Soviet tactic.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Mike

Don't forget these guys...

[Linked Image from cdn.britannica.com]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that a lampshade on his head?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'd like to have a crate of those SKS'.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Mike

Don't forget these guys...

[Linked Image from cdn.britannica.com]

But they were armed by the Chinese and Russians. Ain't NO one helping American Patriots.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by memtb

Common Soviet tactic.

Look at many of the NG units sent to Mexico during the 1916 punitive expedition. Damn few from the south. They were activated, but only on standby. Washington STILL didn’t trust the former states that had been in "rebellion” 1861-65.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
First they have to pass the proposed law. Then it'lll have to pass the inevitable court challenges, with implimentation likely being delayed while that process plays out, especially considering the potential impact it'll have.

The Dems hold a slim majority. Gotta think a lot of them are going to think twice about this, at least in the current form. They might go for a Lite version to avoid it failing as is.

Bottom line is that it's doubtfull that armed conflict is going to break out any time soon, unless the Dems decide to go for the gold and damn the consequences. We shall see. Governor Ralph only has one shot at this because of term limits (1) for that office in VA, so he might just might push this all the way.

If this gets passed and stands, I'll have to adjust my lifestyle a good bit, as VA is just a stone's throw away, and the most convenient place for me to shop and BTW, shoot.

I think that since the Demons now have a majority in both house & the governor, that they want to push it. I don't think they will back down & even if they did, they would only back down to another version that still violates the 2A guarantees.

So in the end, I think it's showtime for both sides.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I mentioned on another thread about this...I think there's a possibility they want to provoke something here. The Dems know this will not fly legally, but if they can shove something through quickly and possibly push Yankee National Guard units down there from some completely infringed snowflake states, then maybe they can kick off Civil War II where they can really thump Americans.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I mentioned on another thread about this...I think there's a possibility they want to provoke something here. The Dems know this will not fly legally, but if they can shove something through quickly and possibly push Yankee National Guard units down there from some completely infringed snowflake states, then maybe they can kick off Civil War II where they can really thump Americans.

Kinda like what Lincoln did?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'd like to have a crate of those SKS'.

I have that rifle's identical twin. It's a Russian made one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike

Why don't you ask the people of Afghanistan. How many powerful countries have not been able to accomplish their military goals there?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now is the time to start finding where the police, national Guard, reserve have the armories.Have others finding out where the members of these organizations live, This is the time to start gathering intel on the potential enemies and what can be done to destabilize the unit cohesion.and focus.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,732
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.