Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have a 73 Corvette, 454 4-speed.

The factory engine is in pieces. A warmer 454 lives under the hood.

ha!

I drove my old man's 73 stingray to high school (454) t-tops
Aka the Panty Dropper grin

While he was flying in Honduras. lol

mama kept our secret.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
1986 Buick Regal with a 330 Olds Engine. Bought it when I was a Junior in High School. The Wife and I call it " The Baby Maker " We got married in 1990

Attached Images
img-8968_2_orig (1).jpg (53.43 KB, 417 downloads)
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
1970 VW Beetle................low mileage survivor. Very similar to the 1968 I brought back from Germany when discharged from the USAF.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GrandView
1970 VW Beetle................low mileage survivor. Very similar to the 1968 I brought back from Germany when discharged from the USAF.

[Linked Image]

I learned how to drive in a '68 just like that.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGray
I've posted this before, but here it is again!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cleanest garage I've ever seen. But then I spotted the sticker still on the window that tells me new construction.

That's a nice truck, I like it a lot.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
79 Bronco Ranger XLT 400/C6 NP205 LS in both diffs. It’ll go like hell out in the weeds if I can keep it running. Was my daily driver before I moved to AK and then it set out behind the barn for a decade. It always need 2 hours and $200 and then it’ll be good to go. smile

Took the boy for a spin in it last night. Someday I’m going to give it a cash infusion and get it nice again. I’ve had it since sophomore year of HS so it’s not going anywhere. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
1955 F-100

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

[Linked Image]

The little Beetle is a pretty driver-friendly car.............as long as you remember a 50 year-old economy car does not have the safety of a modern vehicle.........from several angles. My 31 year-old daughter proclaimed it "very primitive". True enough I guess. But as our first new car in 1968........my young bride and I thought we were in pretty tall cotton when we bought that Beetle in Germany.

They've become quite popular as collector cars, and even daily drivers. Prices vary wildly,and they're really popular on the west coast. Good Midwest copies are harder to find...............winters and salty roads are not friendly to the bug. I searched locally for two years before price/condition coincided. Also was aided by two previous owners who kept it stored during winters, kept up maintenance and originality, and drove sparingly for a combined 42 years. So.........I'm the 3rd septuagenarian to continue that premise.

Last edited by GrandView; 12/13/19.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by JeffA
I always loved those Vets from the '70's. You ain't gonna let it sit out in the rain are you?

The rain will wash all the dust off that dark color with the gravel roads he has to drive.

Living on gravel is what keeps me from getting a Classic right now.

Just drive slow laugh . I only have 3/4 of a mile or so of gravel road to deal with. .

My closest route to a paved road is almost 2 1/2 miles and even when I drive slow with my truck to try and keep it somewhat clean, some boner face ALWAYS passes or meets me, dusting the crap out of it. lol

I don't much bother trying anymore.

They make carwashes!!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1953 F-100

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A resto-modded (427 Windsor, Tremec 5 speed, coil over suspension...) 73 Mach 1 and a body off restored 70 340 Dodge Dart Swinger

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by huntsman22; 12/13/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

One of them foreign thangs. 1985 BMW M635Csi. Motor has been massaged a little, 3.6L in-line 6, about 370 hp at the crank, 313 to the wheels.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
89 jeep I bought new, new motor and transmission.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 12/13/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Dream car for me would be a '67 mustang. Doesn't have to be the fastest or loudest out there, but have a smooth as glass 390 and enough power to cruise the mountain highways.

Alas, life got in the way...maybe if I hit the lottery.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by badger

One of them foreign thangs. 1985 BMW M635Csi. Motor has been massaged a little, 3.6L in-line 6, about 370 hp at the crank, 313 to the wheels.

Very nice!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

[Linked Image]

The little Beetle is a pretty driver-friendly car.............as long as you remember a 50 year-old economy car does not have the safety of a modern vehicle.........from several angles. My 31 year-old daughter proclaimed it "very primitive". True enough I guess. But as our first new car in 1968........my young bride and I thought we were in pretty tall cotton when we bought that Beetle in Germany.

They've become quite popular as collector cars, and even daily drivers. Prices vary wildly,and they're really popular on the west coast. Good Midwest copies are harder to find...............winters and salty roads are not friendly to the bug. I searched locally for two years before price/condition coincided. Also was aided by two previous owners who kept it stored during winters, kept up maintenance and originality, and drove sparingly for a combined 42 years. So.........I'm the 3rd septuagenarian to continue that premise.

Cool little cars but hands down a VW Beetle was the coldest vehicle I've ever been in. Rode with a friend in his once on a mid-winter round trip of about 250 miles and I thought I was never going to get warmed back up again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from ]

Last edited by Toddly; 12/13/19.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I guess you have to define "classic", Growing up in the 60's your car options were some of the best in auto history, every car company had cars that would become classic 50 years later. I had a few, beautiful 55 Merc. 2 door hardtop, 60 Ford Sun Liner with Police Interceptor 352, and a brand new 67 Mustang Convert. with HP 289 w/ 4 speed. Today I'd love to have anyone of those, but instead bought this one brand new as a 60th Birthday Present to myself. It's an 03 BMW Z4, first year production of that model, it's going to be 17 years old next year, still have it, 75K on it, and just a fun car to drive.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
'68 Chevelle SS. The first car I ever owned when I was 17 was a '69.

I bought it 9 years ago from one of my customers. He had it for 5 years and I told him if he ever sold it that I had first dibs. Someone along the way, somewhat, half assed restored it. It looks like all of the sheet metal is in good shape with no bondo. The rocker panels is the only place with a touch of rust bubbles. It was originally Crimson Red, but they painted it Hugger Orange. I wish they painted it Red. It had a mish mash of '69 parts on it including the rally wheels, so I put the Cragars on it. I put new bumpers on it. The engine is a big block and originally was a 396, but not sure now. It originally came out of a '67 Impala SS according to the numbers on the block. It doesn't seem too radical and runs good with no smoke. It might have a little bigger cam because it has a little bit of a lope when it idles. It has developed an exhaust leak between the head and the header. My guy is gonna fix that after Christmas. I've replaced everything under the hood except for the engine it's self. Radiator, power steering pump and gear box. brake booster, distributor, wires, alternator, and fuel pump. It leaked fluid from every possible place including the valve covers, so I put new valve covers on it. Fixed all of the other leaks and now it doesn't lose a drop. Replaced all of the springs and bushings in the suspension. New Flow Master Exhaust. It came from the factory with a 2 speed Power Glide with the shifter on the tree and a bench seat. They put a 3 speed Turbo 400 in it, so I took out the bench seat and replaced it with stock buckets and the stock console and shifter for a 3 speed automatic. It has power steering and brakes with disc on the front. Replaced the brake calipers and pads. It has an independent rear, so it's "a one wheel tire fire". My mechanic said he could put Posi rear gears in it, but it's not needed because I don't run it hard. The guy before me put new carpet in it. It's only been in the rain one time while I owned it. That time, I got caught out in a thunder storm and it fried the wiring. They had it all jack legged in there, so we rewired it. I've put as much money in it as what I paid for the car. I probably have more in it than the car is worth, but I'll never sell it, so it doesn't matter

I like the Orange, that's a sweet looking car.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,085
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.