Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...he-national-guard-to-enforce-gun-control

The president, as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, is the only person who can nationalize the Guard, but state governors have the latitude to use it to enforce state law, legal experts said.

“Until nationalized, it’s a creature of the state. So that’s what leads me to believe that, yes, the governor can activate the National Guard to enforce even a state law,” Gary Solis, a military law professor at Georgetown University, told the Washington Examiner.

Amy Swearer, a legal policy analyst who works on gun control issues, agreed that the governor has the right to use the Virginia National Guard to enforce the law, though it would break from past mobilizations.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steve4102

The president, as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, is the only person who can nationalize the Guard, but state governors have the latitude to use it to enforce state law, legal experts said.

“Until nationalized, it’s a creature of the state. So that’s what leads me to believe that, yes, the governor can activate the National Guard to enforce even a state law,” Gary Solis, a military law professor at Georgetown University, told the Washington Examiner.

Amy Swearer, a legal policy analyst who works on gun control issues, agreed that the governor has the right to use the Virginia National Guard to enforce the law, though it would break from past mobilizations.

IMHO... Trump would recall the NG from Coonman (Governor's nickname in College (Google it))... and in "typical Trump fashion" USE THEM TO GO ENFORCE FEDERAL LAW (might even go after Sanctuary Cities that harbor Illegal Immigrants)... assuming 2020 works our well for us... furthermore, I sincerely believe Trump may turn out to be the greatest President in American History (if we can keep him around for 8 years)... BTW, I drop Nancy Pelosi (and others) letters thanking her/them for ensuring just this... on a fairly regular basis.

2A stuff is HUGE in Virginia, but the other crap that is going to slip thru the cracks is equally bad.

There are MANY MANY proposed Bills that are just as Repugnant.

This new "Democratic Nirvana" is a LONG GAME to keep the Democrats in control of Virginia for a very long time. Elimination of Voter ID, Driver License and Welfare for anyone (legal or illegal), Census Fraud, Gerrymandering... Unlimited Free stuff on the back of a very prosperous Commonwealth (CURRENTLY PROSPEROUS, BUT NOT IN THE FUTURE).

IMHO fellas... GET SOBER and READ THEM ALL... https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL

Four pages (+/- 260 Bills coming our way).

As for standing up for for 2A... Yes, I do... The 2A Sanctuary County movement is HUGE... and I am very involved... https://vcdl.org/events

I have also put up items for sale with proceeds going to VCDL or John Pierce (GREAT 2A Lawyer in Virginia). Read his stuff... https://johnpierceesq.com/

Want to save Virginia AND the United States (Virginia is the "test case" for EVERY OTHER RED STATE)... make donations to VCDL (they are 101% Trustworthy).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing

IMHO... Trump would recall the NG from Coonman (Governor's nickname in College (Google it))... and in "typical Trump fashion" USE THEM TO GO ENFORCE FEDERAL LAW (might even go after Sanctuary Cities that harbor Illegal Immigrants)... assuming 2020 works our well for us... furthermore, I sincerely believe Trump may turn out to be the greatest President in American History (if we can keep him around for 8 years)... BTW, I drop Nancy Pelosi (and others) letters thanking her/them for ensuring just this... on a fairly regular basis.

2A stuff is HUGE in Virginia, but the other crap that is going to slip thru the cracks is equally bad.

This new "Democratic Nirvana" is a LONG GAME to keep the Democrats in control of Virginia for a very long time. Elimination of Voter ID, Driver License and Welfare for anyone (legal or illegal), Census Fraud, Gerrymandering... Unlimited Free stuff on the back of a very prosperous Commonwealth (CURRENTLY PROSPEROUS, BUT NOT IN THE FUTURE).

IMHO fellas... GET SOBER and READ THEM ALL... https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL

As for standing up for for 2A... Yes, I do... The 2A Sanctuary County movement is HUGE... and I am very involved... https://vcdl.org/events

I have also put up items for sale with proceeds going to VCDL or John Pierce (GREAT 2A Lawyer in Virginia). Read his stuff... https://johnpierceesq.com/

Want to save Virginia AND the United States (Virginia is the "test case" for EVERY OTHER RED STATE)... make donations to VCDL (they are 101% Trustworthy).

Thank you...
Very informative.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

It is my sincere belief that Bloomberg's lawyers/staff wrote most (if not all) of the proposed 2020 bill facing us Virginians (and ULTIMATELY YOU!)

Please stand beside Virginia...

We never asked for this fight, but it is undeniably coming... and it's outcome... will surely be a precursor to yours.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As of yesterday... 76 of 95 counties are Virginia 2A Sanctuary or Virginia Constitution Sanctuary... 15+/- counties are voting this week +/-.

Follow here... https://vcdl.org/

or

https://www.facebook.com/VCDL.ORG/

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
SB 16 Assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; prohibiting sale, transport, etc., penalties.
Introduced by: Richard L. Saslaw | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; penalties. Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 1 misdemeanor to import, sell, barter, or transfer any firearm magazine designed to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
SB 22 Handguns; limitation on purchases, penalty.

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Purchase of handguns; limitation on handgun purchases; penalty. Prohibits any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer from purchasing more than one handgun in a 30-day period and establishes such an offense as a Class 1 misdemeanor. The bill exempts from this provision (i) persons who have been issued a certificate by the Department of State Police under certain circumstances and with an enhanced background check, (ii) law-enforcement agencies and officers, (iii) state and local correctional facilities, (iv) licensed private security companies, (v) persons who hold a valid Virginia concealed handgun permit, (vi) persons whose handgun has been stolen or irretrievably lost or who are trading in a handgun, (vii) purchases of handguns in a private sale, and (viii) purchases of antique firearms.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody meeting with their neighbors or regional meeting about a game plan ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
SB 21 Abortion; parental consent requirement, ultrasound requirement, hospital regulations.

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Provision of abortion; parental consent requirement; ultrasound requirement; hospital regulations. Removes the requirement that a pregnant minor seeking an abortion obtain either parental consent or judicial authorization. The bill removes the requirement that a pregnant woman seeking to obtain an abortion undergo a fetal transabdominal ultrasound prior to obtaining an abortion at least 24 hours prior to obtaining an abortion, or at least two hours prior to obtaining an abortion if the pregnant woman lives at least 100 miles from the facility where the abortion is to be performed. The bill also removes language classifying facilities that perform five or more first-trimester abortions per month as hospitals for the purpose of complying with regulations establishing minimum standards for hospitals.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Lobby Day (January 20 in Richmond) is going to be HUGE this year... hoping for thousands and thousands.

More info here https://vcdl.org/event-3101533

BTW, most Virginia 2A Sanctuary or Virginia Constitution Sanctuary County meetings have been crazy big (some 3k+) and that is JUST COUNTIES.

Come visit fellas... you will have a great time and we Virginians will feed ya well... (FYI, your Doctor may complain about your cholesterol levels, but who cares... Virginia Redeye gravy is worth it).

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/15/19. Reason: Corrected Lobby day dated

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lobby Day (January 8 in Richmond) is going to be HUGE this year... hoping for thousands and thousands.

BTW, most Virginia 2A Sanctuary or Virginia Constitution Sanctuary County meeting have he crazy big (some 3k+) and that is JUST COUNTIES.

Come visit fellas... you will have a great time and we Virginians will feed ya well...

Even the Yankees can come.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 16bore

Lobby Day (January 20 in Richmond) is going to be HUGE this year... hoping for thousands and thousands.

BTW, most Virginia 2A Sanctuary or Virginia Constitution Sanctuary County meeting have he crazy big (some 3k+) and that is JUST COUNTIES.

Come visit fellas... you will have a great time and we Virginians will feed ya well...

We have studied the Yankee language some... and many Virginians are somewhat fluent. We will hire translators if needed... Come on down fellas.

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/15/19. Reason: Corrected Lobby day dated

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As of yesterday... 76 of 95 counties are Virginia 2A Sanctuary or Virginia Constitution Sanctuary... 15+/- counties are voting this week +/-.

Follow here... https://vcdl.org/

or

https://www.facebook.com/VCDL.ORG/

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

Glad to see Pennsylvania County, Va, is a confirmed Second Amendment sanctuary county. I have deep family roots there going back a hundred years or more. I believe there's a house there still owned by a cousin.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Virginians may well get to set the example for the rest of the country's politicians. I hope you guys do a good job of it.

if you need help get a word to me, if we let them go this in VA, then we will be next

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kelbro
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If this gets traction, most folks will break over like a Ted Williams shotgun before they go to prison. Then, other states that have moved liberal will follow.

In English, please?

Many people will turn in their guns immediately.

The gov't will end any armed resistance by the true patriots swiftly.

99.9% of the rest of the 'big talk' people will then turn theirs in before they die or go to jail.

Yep, some patriots will stash weapons and ammo but I'm not sure what they think they can do with them when most of the state's population has already started boot-licking.

The other liberal states will follow.

Just look at California. Lots of good conservative folks out there were overrun by their liberal commie gov't.

I'm thankful as hell I don't live in the area of N.C
You live in..... They picked the wrong place to start.
Shoulda start in your locale.

I don't live in an area that I described. Exactly the opposite. I am a patriot and I live around a bunch more. I do a lot of travel in my job. In the US and overseas for over 40 yrs. I see things that are going on outside my own little piece of heaven.

That's what I'm talking about.

I firmly believe that our US military would mobilize against us.

Of course it will. They are products of the public school system that was taken over by the swamp. In ten years us old guys, providing we survive until then, won't recognize this country.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore

Lobby Day (January 8 in Richmond) is going to be HUGE this year... hoping for thousands and thousands.

Mighty big of you. wink

Don't rub us Yankees who are 100% with you the wrong way. We're your staunch friends and allies. laugh

(especially if you shoot a 16ga)

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is your choice to obey. Just remember it has nothing to do with gun safety or control. But it has everything to do with what the government will make you do after you have no guns or any way to protect your self.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
Where is the Federal Government? It should be seeing that all Citizens are protected from having a Constitutional Right stripped from them. As affirmed in the Second Amendment to the Constitution. miles

Like I said before. If this turns into a hot war, the blame lays firmly upon the Supreme Court for failing in their oath to defend the Constitution, specifically the Second Amendment.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Cash,

This isn't how the mobilization of the National Guard. works. Technically, the National Guard belongs to the states, not the Feds.

The Governor does not need permission from Trump to activate the National Guard for duties within their state.

The Feds need the permission of the states governor to Nationalize Guard units from that state.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,343
Posts18,526,859
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.