J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 163bc
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Not what I would put on a double rifle but a Schmidt and Bender Summit 2.5-10x40 is the best 1" scope I have ever had.

The S&B Summit is at the top of the heap.

Except for the lousy reticle it is probably the best 1 inch scope made.

I've owned 2 for several years and find no problem at all with the reticle.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
For that rifle especially, in aesthetics and practical use, I would get a nice Leupold M8 4x28 (long tube). As reliable a scope as has ever been made.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by jwp475
Not what I would put on a double rifle but a Schmidt and Bender Summit 2.5-10x40 is the best 1" scope I have ever had.

I also have never had a problem with the Summit reticle and I have used it in dark timber 1/2 hour after sunset many times, and the last time I hunted with mine my eyes were 64 years old.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40

We still have these, open box, on special for only $299.99 and 3.5-10x50's for $399.99. Give a call, 516-217-1000

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I also have never had a problem with the Summit reticle and I have used it in dark timber 1/2 hour after sunset many times, and the last time I hunted with mine my eyes were 64 years old.

I was on the verge of buying one, I called S&B about something else and just happened to ask the rep. He told me that they wanted a bolder reticle but HDqtrs was not doing it right now. That was 2 years ago. Have that changed the reticle in the last year or so? I found it too thin.

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V

I was on the verge of buying one, I called S&B about something else and just happened to ask the rep. He told me that they wanted a bolder reticle but HDqtrs was not doing it right now. That was 2 years ago. Have that changed the reticle in the last year or so? I found it too thin.

I don't know if they have changed the reticle or not. My Summits are 15 or so years old and have the No. 7 reticle. I will admit it is not as bold as I would like but I find it perfectly usable for what I do.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I don't know if they have changed the reticle or not. My Summits are 15 or so years old and have the No. 7 reticle. I will admit it is not as bold as I would like but I find it perfectly usable for what I do.

I just went out to their website and it looks like they offer the A4 as well as the A7. That is good news .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Obviously, what all my hunting rifles wear - Leupold 6x36, M8 or FX-2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by tzone
Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40

We still have these, open box, on special for only $299.99 and 3.5-10x50's for $399.99. Give a call, 516-217-1000

That's a good deal. Order placed.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
A
Why no love for the Conquest line by Zeiss? I was under the impression that they were about as good as you can get for the money

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
Why no love for the Conquest line by Zeiss? I was under the impression that they were about as good as you can get for the money

No longer made, you can find them used or new/old stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There's been lots of love for the Zeiss Conquest posted here. Every post saying get a Meopta Meopro shows love for the Zeiss Conquest as Meopta made the Conquest for Zeiss based off the Meopro using that optic.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

There's been lots of love for the Zeiss Conquest posted here. Every post saying get a Meopta Meopro shows love for the Zeiss Conquest as Meopta made the Conquest for Zeiss based off the Meopro using that optic.

I love the Zeiss Conquest rifle scopes except for the bass ackwards turrets. Doug does the meopta have similar turrets?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
A

I did see all the calls for the Meopta just no one Saying Zeiss by name. I recently was able to purchase my first Conquest and I'm amazed at the quality. Picked up a 3.5x10x44. Puts my Vortex Viper with a 30mm tube to shame.
I will be making some scope changes on all my rifles as soon as I can

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,333
Posts18,487,621
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.