Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Will there be a new season of the Last Alaskans?? When will if start if there is one?? Thanks..

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
i hope so one of the few things i watch on tv

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
its kinda my favorite show but i do mis Ray Lewis ,Heimo is great. the other show that is good is below zero Ricko and Caribou are my favorite in that show.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Not happening this year or next. Heimo is eating deer this year and spent the summer with Edna at Kaktovik where they have a house and train the local kids on survival. Lewis's are doing well. Ashley and Tyler are doing great with two kids. I gave Tyler a pair of Viper 10X50 Hds this fall as a present for selling stuff out of our shop. He guided for Charlie who is an outfitter. Charlie is doing good. Krin is working on the slope. She gave up on her dream to relocate to Texas and I am very happy about that. They should stay in Alaska. Coby Danger is the funniest little guy you ever saw and tears up everything.

Yukon Men is filming a season but Last Alaskans was unscripted and it might not get renewed again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to Ashley Seldon's blog she writes on back in the spring, Discovery Channel decided not to renew the show.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Can't believe they keep Alaskan Bush People on and not Last Alaskans. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a big fan of "reality shows except "First 48" 'cause they usually catch the bad guys and send them up the river. The only thing better than a violent criminal in prison is if they are dead. Dead is best, no chance for recidivism.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
They were going to do a show with Sitka Deer as their star called “THE Alaskan”, but the producers were overwhelmed with how much knowledge he holds! The camera guys were having difficulty getting his entire ego in the prime shots. And the final straw was he worked on the the guns for the show but never brought them back. True story.

Last edited by WDH; 12/19/19.
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Sad to hear they will not be back.. That was my favorite.. Below Zero is good, but the Alaskans were #1... I thank you for all the replies... Hope all the folks in the show have great success, no matter what they follow in life.. Thanks again..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Can't believe they keep Alaskan Bush People on and not Last Alaskans. Doesn't make any sense to me.

This,,,I enjoy watching The Last Alaskans"
I tried once to watch the "Bush ppl",couldn't swing it

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sad to hear that.
It was a favorite
Hopefully they will reconsider

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rong
Originally Posted by Razorhog

This,,,I enjoy watching The Last Alaskans"
I tried once to watch the "Bush ppl",couldn't swing it

+1
It is unbelievable they keep crappy Alaskan Bush People show but do not renew "Last Alaskans"

Ted
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Check out the "history" of some of the characters on Alaskan Bush People. Prison, etc............................go figure

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Last Alaskans seemed the real deal to me. While I found it depressing given its eventual finality, I would have remained a follower.

The Bush folks are simply well off scripted comedy, and they're in Washington.

If one would like a dose of reality, Google up "Happy People", Siberia, and video. A year in the life of folks that work their butts off just to live.

Here's are links that will presently route one to the 4 programs I'm aware of. A tough watch for me as we're at the extreme limit for DSL in this community. Hope these remain intact.

Happy People Video Link Spring

Summer Link

Fall Link

Winter Link

Would appreciate your thought on these.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 12/22/19.

1Minute
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bush people probably costs %75 less to make. They only have one group they’re filming, they don’t have to fly all over the state, plus the crews can stay in a hotel or rental as opposed to camping. Way less complex production.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Last Alaskans each got paid Boat with Outboard, 2 SnowGos and 25000 in payment for season.

Alaska Bush People got 65000 per episode.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sure but the production company had to fly and house multiple production, camera, and sound crews to the far flung reaches to shoot all the different stories and characters. It stacks up quick when you’re moving that many people and taking care of them in hard to get to places. Plus crews back down in the states to edit, dub, and mix all the different footage. Wages for onscreen personnel is a tiny piece of the pie.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Last Alaskans each got paid Boat with Outboard, 2 SnowGos and 25000 in payment for season.

Alaska Bush People got 65000 per episode.

Alaska bush people should have never got that much money they suck ! hell i lived a tougher life in Minnesota than these fools did. they don`t even handle a rifle properly. >the Last Alaskans deserved a heck of a lot more money they actually lived a very ruff-tuff life.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
The Last Alaskans seemed the real deal to me. While I found it depressing given its eventual finality, I would have remained a follower.

The Bush folks are simply well off scripted comedy, and they're in Washington.

If one would like a dose of reality, Google up "Happy People", Siberia, and video. A year in the life of folks that work their butts off just to live.

Here's are links that will presently route one to the 4 programs I'm aware of. A tough watch for me as we're at the extreme limit for DSL in this community. Hope these remain intact.

Happy People Video Link Spring

Summer Link

Fall Link

Winter Link

Would appreciate your thought on these.

Have a good one,

I've watched Happy People several times.....extremely interesting portrait of life in Russia's Taiga........Life in the "Collective Farm" is quite rudimentary ......their skill with an axe seems amazing until you see how much firewood they cut and split.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VernAK:
Life in Siberia is certainly a different ball game. I did not realize it until I did some readings on shipwrecked and iced in ship survivors north of Siberia in the 1800's, but that country was a dumping ground for all of Russia's unwanted way back into the Czar days.

Exiles were sent there for the most trivial of things if there if officials did not want one around. Simply being educated or trying to date the same lady as the local sheriff was sufficient to get one shipped out. That being, one was living the good life one day and struggling to survive in the harshest of environments the next. Today's population is several generations deep, and they've obviously adapted and figured out how to survive in a still relatively ignored portion of the world. I like to think I'm tough, but would not want to take on that lifestyle starting from scratch.

Stay upright,

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (204guy, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.