-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do any of you really understand how American politics works? I'd say no, but let's look at this. Trump did what? He signed a Bill. What Bill, it doesn't't really matter, but it contained an amendment. You all are freaking out over the amendment. From the article linked:

President Donald Trump signed today a bipartisan amendment to a bill

This is called Pork Barrel politics. Reps and Senators add crap to Bills after they have been essentially agree upon. Some are Pork (like this) and some are poison pills to get a veto and kill the bill. Most are add ons not worth scuttling the whole Bill for, as you see here. This is simply an extension of an existing program, that's all, and you people want to jump all the phouc over Trump. Maybe you should jump all the phouc on Lamar Alexander (R-TN) if you don't like it, because this is his baby.

Personally, I think it is probably a good move. Why? Historically Black Colleges (HBC) need funding to survive these days because most are private. With more and more Black Students going to mainstream universities and colleges, the HBC are getting left behind and they will have less alumni donors in future. How does this affect all the old White dudes here? IF the HBC's fold up, you can bet your asses that Congress and the States will make sure the that racial quotas pick up that slack, and our kids and grandkids that are NOT Black will face discrimination as the AA kids gets preference in admissions and financial aid. More than now.

Anybody ever think about that?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hatari

How does this affect all the old White dudes here? IF the HBC's fold up, you can bet your asses that Congress and the States will make sure the that racial quotas pick up that slack, and our kids and grandkids that are NOT Black will face discrimination as the AA kids gets preference in admissions and financial aid. More than now.

Trump should fix that situation with an executive order that eliminates affirmative action.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Every black that votes for Trump, doesn’t vote for the Dem. lots of blacks in battleground states. Lots of Independents that support spending on education as opposed to the pipe dreams the Dems keep talking about.

I’d love to know where Bristoe is pulling these magical statistics from. Is there some website that tells you how many white people are pissed off because Trump did this? Is it the same website where you get your info on the Jews?

Boomer logic.

This is why we're all going to get smothered in our nursing home beds.

At 46, I don’t think I qualify as a boomer. I believe someone might be smothering you already. The lack of oxygen to your brain is quite apparent.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Every black that votes for Trump, doesn’t vote for the Dem. lots of blacks in battleground states. Lots of Independents that support spending on education as opposed to the pipe dreams the Dems keep talking about.

I’d love to know where Bristoe is pulling these magical statistics from. Is there some website that tells you how many white people are pissed off because Trump did this? Is it the same website where you get your info on the Jews?

Boomer logic.

At 46, I don’t think I qualify as a boomer. I believe someone might be smothering you already. The lack of oxygen to your brain is quite apparent.

Your perspective gives you honorary Boomer status.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by 700LH
So what, get over it

Don't post on my threads.

Excuse me

So What !!!

put me on ignore

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Boomer logic.

Your perspective gives you honorary Boomer status.

I’ll take it if the alternative is to be full of hate like you.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do any of you really understand how American politics works? I'd say no, but let's look at this. Trump did what? He signed a Bill. What Bill, it doesn't't really matter, but it contained an amendment. You all are freaking out over the amendment. From the article linked:

President Donald Trump signed today a bipartisan amendment to a bill

This is called Pork Barrel politics. Reps and Senators add crap to Bills after they have been essentially agree upon. Some are Pork (like this) and some are poison pills to get a veto and kill the bill. Most are add ons not worth scuttling the whole Bill for, as you see here. This is simply an extension of an existing program, that's all, and you people want to jump all the phouc over Trump. Maybe you should jump all the phouc on Lamar Alexander (R-TN) if you don't like it, because this is his baby.

Personally, I think it is probably a good move. Why? Historically Black Colleges (HBC) need funding to survive these days because most are private. With more and more Black Students going to mainstream universities and colleges, the HBC are getting left behind and they will have less alumni donors in future. How does this affect all the old White dudes here? IF the HBC's fold up, you can bet your asses that Congress and the States will make sure the that racial quotas pick up that slack, and our kids and grandkids that are NOT Black will face discrimination as the AA kids gets preference in admissions and financial aid. More than now.

This.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Historically Black Colleges (HBC) need funding to survive these days because most are private.

Pork barrel bullshit is still bullshit, no matter who does it.

Cheerleading bout it because Trump makes no sense at all.

If historically black colleges need funding to survive, it's because they suck.

And if they don't survive that's a good thing, because then students can go to a college that *doesn't* suck.

Proppin em up is no different than the Solyndra crap.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At this point, I trust Donald J Trump.

Merry Christmas to Sea Run Rainbow...

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

How does this affect all the old White dudes here? IF the HBC's fold up, you can bet your asses that Congress and the States will make sure the that racial quotas pick up that slack, and our kids and grandkids that are NOT Black will face discrimination as the AA kids gets preference in admissions and financial aid. More than now.

sooooooooooooo,.......

Basically you're in favor of the federal government giving hundreds of millions of dollars to blacks so racial discrimination against whites will be less?

That's fugged up on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F

Excuse me

So What !!!

put me on ignore

Get over it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Excuse me

So What !!!

put me on ignore

Get over it.

Laffin wink

It's just what ya'll have said, but he still has my vote,.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Anyone looked at Trump's poll numbers with blacks lately? He's kickin butt.

What's the numbers say?

Blacks make up 13% of the population. Any Republican that get's 15% of that 13% is kicking ass.

But 15% of 13% isn't worth bothering with. Especially if you're pissing off 10% of the 65%.

You need to get up to speed, b, the most recent polls I have seen are anywhere between 34 - 38 %. That IS kicking butt and if this continues, no dem can ever win again. And, I seriously doubt many other voters mind improving America's education level and if they do, I am pretty sure they will forget this by election time. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Money to education or money to welfare....

Ones an almost guaranteed dead end.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Money to education or money to welfare....

Ones an almost guaranteed dead end.

15 trillion dollars since Johnsons great society began. Really a big win eh.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven’t been around since Johnson

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I haven’t been around since Johnson

In the short time you've been around, surely you've seen something?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

MAGA

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just few mo bucks. Maybe reparations too?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They prolly don’t have 401k’s

Dave

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 8 invisible), 872 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.