Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well, I'd like to share some pics with Gunner, as well as some of you guys that like all things pre 64. This one really is a shame because it was re-chambered to a weatherby cartridge. Not that I have anything against weatherby, but when you mess with a good 375 H&H, it's almost like sacrilegious!!!!!!!! I thought I had hit the jackpot when I ran across this one, until I turned it over and saw the "WBY" stamp. Otherwise the rifle is in great condition. Not perfect by any means, but in pretty good condition nonetheless. No one has drilled/tapped the rear bridge and it's a clover leaf tang. The barrel is even stamped with the right date and does not look like its ever been off. The serial # 121xxx. The stock is in decent condition with one chip near the grip. Not really that noticeable, but I zoomed in so you guys could see it. Checkering is nice, as is the original finish and recoil pad. The inside where the barreled action rests, is virgin as can be. Check it out and comment if you want. Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas!!!!:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Overall length on this stock is 32 1/4" long. And no cracks anywhere, that I could find... The rifling and bore look new, as I don't think it was shot too much at all... Chamber looks real clean.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
For an all original stock this hard to find, a small chip is not a big deal. Like gunner said, the stock itself is like unobtanium...

More misc. pics:

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Great find. Best of luck with it.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice rifle L train! I had a 375 weatherby once. Killed an elk with it over in east-north side. I turned around looked at my buddies they look at me just staring and that’s when I felt the blood seeping down my face lol. It was built on a fn supreme action and 99% sure the stock did not help with recoil.. gd that thing was brutal but would it pole axe an elk with 270gr hornady’s.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
God dang it BSA! That’s my sorta score right there. I’d have absolutely grabbed that sucker in a heart beat myself. As a pure hunting rifle that thing is prime. Chuck that in a Legend or your pick of a McMillan and go hammer some big animals. Or heck, take it to Africa and enjoy the extra FPS. I dislike when they monkey with P64’s but I don’t turn them down when they are rechambered in something neat.

Great score. Hope you got a great deal on it. Beautiful rifle.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell of a stick BSA, I'd have to keep and shoot that beast, what a cool old rifle, I'm talking no notch receiver peep and 300gr SAF's or Partitions! smile Congrats Buddy.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Great story too John (79s). I can imagine the look on your buddies faces. Ha ha.. Gunner, i think I have a receiver peep sight laying around here somewhere, from one of my other pre's I just bought. It might just have to go on this 375...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
God dang it BSA! That’s my sorta score right there. I’d have absolutely grabbed that sucker in a heart beat myself. As a pure hunting rifle that thing is prime. Chuck that in a Legend or your pick of a McMillan and go hammer some big animals. Or heck, take it to Africa and enjoy the extra FPS. I dislike when they monkey with P64’s but I don’t turn them down when they are rechambered in something neat.

Great score. Hope you got a great deal on it. Beautiful rifle.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with this one Scotty. I like your idea about the mcmillan as well. Gunner also told me that over a phone convo. An echols legend or just about any Mcmillan would work great. I may end up selling this original stock, but I'm undecided as of now....

BSA MAGA
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Darn right Buddy, I run that peep set up on a pre-64 300 H&H booting 220gr partitions out at a leisurely 2750 fps, 300 yard steel is boringly easy.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Now you're talking, McMil or Legend, midnight blue cerakote all steel, you can paint that stock is my nice purple, black and red streaked 'bruise' camo pattern. grin all weather, all game thumper ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Now you're talking, McMil or Legend, midnight blue cerakote all steel, you can paint that stock is my nice purple, black and red streaked 'bruise' camo pattern. grin all weather, all game thumper ; ]

cry grin eek

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It’s definitely a darned nice hunting rifle in an awesome cartridge. Might be fun to load up some RL15 and 260 Partitions just to form some cases with. Get a feel for the sights.

I may have a Peep too if you need one.

I’d already have called Darcy for a Legend myself grin

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
bsa1917hunter - what have you got in mind for that beast? Anything, or just snag a good deal on a nice squirrel gun? wink

Did you clean it up, or was it that clean at purchase?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks to be in great shape, bsa. What a find.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nice find...enjoy!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice one!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It’s definitely a darned nice hunting rifle in an awesome cartridge. Might be fun to load up some RL15 and 260 Partitions just to form some cases with. Get a feel for the sights.

Ha ha. I know you would have. Im tempted. How much is he charging for a stock these days?

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Ha ha. I know you would have. Im tempted. How much is he charging for a stock these days?

600 the last time I ordered one.

Semper Fi
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 257robertsimp, 71 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,347
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.