Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Someone is paying taxes.

might be doing a "reverse mortgage", living off the value of the house his parents gave him. sad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently that guy was Elon Musk....and neither are you!

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I’m guessing OP doesnt own a car company, a rocket ship or many other pretty impressive feats... nope, just extremely judgmental and stupid for those in the know.

He sure looks happy. Prolly the trips to visit Epstein.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This will be an interesting thread.

The guy now suffers from depression, anxiety, has no home owners insurance and now he has a reverse mortgage...... of course this is just page three.....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
He has to be paying taxes or else, DeKalb County would take the house and sell it on the courthouse steps.
Obviously he quit paying homeowner's insurance, I guess he couldn't afford it.

The trust is paying the taxes. When the trust runs dry, if it does before he dies , then it will be sold on the courthouse steps.

This was rare 50 yrs ago. Now it seems more common. My nephew is 38 yrs old now and living in my moms basement for at least 8 yrs. He became addicted to some pain killers when he hurt his back. ( I dont believe that though) . I saw him last night at moms Christmas party. He went from the basement and out the garage and never said a word to anyone. I said hi and asked how are ya. He mumbled good and left. It is not only the kid that wont leave the basement , it is my mom that does not have the heart to kick him out. His dad cares but has his own life, his mom, ( my sister ) cares but just does not have it to call the sheriff and have him removed cause he will have no place to go but under a bridge or at my sisters house , that is his parents. He was a good kid and dont know when it went bad. He is a carpenter and makes $35 hr. but he only works about 1 day a week. He sleeps till he is hungry and then takes food out of the fridge like he bought it . He is from a working family , we all work. His two sisters are very smart with good kids and money to boot ETC. The libertarian part of me sais , it's his life , but it is tearing my mom apart cause she sees it every day . This guy listens to noone an always thinks he is right.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I’m guessing OP doesnt own a car company, a rocket ship or many other pretty impressive feats... nope, just extremely judgmental and stupid for those in the know.

You of all people should be smoking pot... should help you back away from your conspiracy videos... or at least help you laugh at them like most normal people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[
Originally Posted by akasparky
This will be an interesting thread.

The guy now suffers from depression, anxiety, has no home owners insurance and now he has a reverse mortgage...... of course this is just page three.....

lol, yes, lots of people left to weigh in

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not all losers smoke dope.
But the wake and bake crowd are almost always losers.
Then theres the semi functional stoner.....that turns 50or 60 and cracks mentally.

Seen a few do that. There is a long term effect IMHO.
And that from old weed.

Not the new thumper chit being smoked today.

Moderation in all things is key

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Are you talking about me? If so your assertions are absurd. I didn't say anything that was judgmental. I just stated the facts.
What did I say that was stupid?

I didn't make any remark as to whether I favor pot smoking or not, so it is you who are judgmental. In fact, newbie, in previous posts I have repeatedly stated that I favor legalization of pot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
This was rare 50 yrs ago. Now it seems more common. My nephew is 38 yrs old now and living in my moms basement for at least 8 yrs. He became addicted to some pain killers when he hurt his back. ( I dont believe that though) . I saw him last night at moms Christmas party. He went from the basement and out the garage and never said a word to anyone. I said hi and asked how are ya. He mumbled good and left. It is not only the kid that wont leave the basement , it is my mom that does not have the heart to kick him out. His dad cares but has his own life, his mom, ( my sister ) cares but just does not have it to call the sheriff and have him removed cause he will have no place to go but under a bridge or at my sisters house , that is his parents. He was a good kid and dont know when it went bad. He is a carpenter and makes $35 hr. but he only works about 1 day a week. He sleeps till he is hungry and then takes food out of the fridge like he bought it . He is from a working family , we all work. His two sisters are very smart with good kids and money to boot ETC. The libertarian part of me sais , it's his life , but it is tearing my mom apart cause she sees it every day . This guy listens to noone an always thinks he is right.
Well, "Normative ethics" smirk
The damage he has done is imaginary according to some people on here and isn't anyone else's business (not even his parents). Society has no interest in a better outcome for this person or his family. Free will, liberty, freedom, blah, blah, blah.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Are you talking about me? If so your assertions are absurd. I didn't say anything that was judgmental. I just stated the facts.
What did I say that was stupid?

No facts, just hearsay...

Why don't you go knock on the door and talk to the guy, you may be surprised by what you find.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I know many people who smoked pot as teenagers that are successful just about any way you want to measure it. Some of them still do. I don’t smoke pot now but smoked my fair share in the 70’s. I also believe pot should be legalized or alcohol should be against the law. I’d also rather encounter another driver who’s smoked some weed than I would someone who’s been drinking.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hookeye
Not all losers smoke dope.
But the wake and bake crowd are almost always losers.

Yup.

The pothead chorus will chime in here soon chanting "but booze is worse".

Roosevelt and Churchill were both drunks and still managed to defeat Hitler while most stoners can barely manage to tie their shoelaces.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The same thing happened to my parents home. They don't smoke weed.
After my Dad retired he would just make excuses for not fixing stuff. I would offer to help him and argue with him about it but he was stubborn. He did not have his roof replaced for 30 years even though it was covered by insurance. He was proud of removing the gutters because he said they were too much trouble to remove the leaves. As a result his insurance refused to cover the resulting damage to the ceilings (and most of the downspouts could be reached with just a stepstool!). Mouse problems, leaking pipes, fire danger from dead wood in trees. He hated when I would come fix stuff because he felt obligated to participate. He will sit and watch CNN until the same stories come around again and again. He was never like that when he was younger.

I'm not defending the use of weed in any way. Sometimes it is hard to say what causes someone to just let go of responsibilities.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
More likely that 50 years of depression and anxiety shaped his life, and he used marijuana to cope.

Agree. There is more going on there then weed.

And the 24 isn’t the place to properly diagnose it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You of all people should be smoking pot... should help you back away from your conspiracy videos... or at least help you laugh at them like most normal people.

Conspiracy theories, like the Trump/Ruskie collusiin crap your heros Hillary and the DNC had made up? Ha.
You and others, like your bud in the pic, have good reason to hate Trump. They hate him out of fear.

They should be fearing HIM and their bud who runs Hell.

Smoke some more pot. It seems that and BS is about all you've got. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/25/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Roosevelt and Churchill were both drunks and still managed to defeat Hitler while most stoners can barely manage to tie their shoelaces.

And Hitler was a dope addict. Started out with prescrribed drugs andended up a meth addict. Almost non-functional, physically and mentally, the last year of his life.

Gateway drugs should not be permitted. Today, one of these is pot. We know that pot permanently reduces brain development for those under 25.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell it motivated me

The more I worked, the more I could smoke,
That motivated me to work even harder and sell even more technical, higher priced jobs.

Then I could smoke the really good shît.

toothbrush, visine, shot of Listerine, splash of Dolce n Gabbana, spare white dress shirt, Clark Kent double life...

I was a STEM major, finished my BS while being a contractor, made the dean’s list every semester.

Your bud just wasn’t wired for the Dope Show or could be a totally unrelated issue. Maybe the guy is on the Austism spectrum. That seems to be everyone’s go to excuse as of late.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a friend that could uncannily fit this guys description.

He has so much family money he could use it for firewood.

He don't work and pretty much never has..there was just never the need.

People that don't know him but "know of him" talk a lot of schit.

He resides alone on his families water front estate, which by far is not in the pristine condition it once was.

Many claim he has squandered through most his assets.
He parties too much and knows it, you might see him washing down a hit of pot with a rum and coke most any hour of the day.

The reason people don't really know much about him is due to him not claiming fame or recognition for the things he does.
I wouldn't know what I do, which is little, if I didn't drop in on him from time to time.

I've seen numerous paper tagged used vehicles at his place over the years, I've asked him about a few and every time it's been a rig he had purchased because it was a good deal and he had plans to give it to people that needed it.

A couple times over the years he has called me to go take care of his mutts because he was stuck at the hospital where he'd hauled someone in that needed a ride and someone to sign them in that could foot the bill.

I know he paid 30k for a guys cancer operation after his medical bills drove him broke, I only know this due to the guy having the treatment telling me.

People don't know this stuff, but they talk schit about him anyway, schit they don't know, just schit they hear second hand getting tossed about.

He and I go out to dinner maybe once a month on the average, last time we were out our conversation turned to wealth management firms, we both use them.

It was the first time I ever heard him complain about anything.
Seems he thinks paying 500K a year for two different firms to deal with his finances is too much.

I don't think he has quite yet squandered though his inherited wealth, yet he lives a simple life in a home that has needed a paint job and the lawn mowed for years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Some people are winners and some are losers.

Charlie is a loser.

Correct..........and would be whether he preferred MJ, booze or heroin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

And he was 'enabled' by his parents...

Agreed, but I’ve seen it before, star athlete, smart, handsome in HS,whole world appeared to be laid at their feet. And then when they take the next step, life gets harder. Perhaps for the first time in their life they have to really work at something

And it’s just too hard for some.

I experienced some of that. Fortunately I had to work hard at the athletic part, plus I grew up on a farm. Most farm kids know a lil sumpthin bout working hard. Still going from BOMC to just a broke swinging dick was a bit of a comeuppance

Charlie’s probs weren’t his drug of choice

Same can be said for many alcoholics

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 26 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,850
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.