Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t overlook H414 with 270’s..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Don’t overlook H414 with 270’s..

ok, I have some 270's... I'll look into that.. but since I have some RL15, that is probably what I'll use first. I know the 375 I sold to Gunner loved the stuff.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
BSA and Beretzs, I have an old G series 375 AI, were all going have to drag that artillery out and go smoke some elk some year! smile

That would be cool as hell buddy. Scotty has a good friend that lives 20 miles from me. He comes out this way for elk hunting. I imagine if the 3 of us got together, it would be one hell of an elk hunting trip!! Id be game!!

Yessir, hell of a deal it would be, my AI being a modern G series M-70 action rifle fires 270gr TSX's at 3K, should drill right through a bull. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BSA and Beretzs, I have an old G series 375 AI, were all going have to drag that artillery out and go smoke some elk some year! smile

That would be cool as hell buddy. Scotty has a good friend that lives 20 miles from me. He comes out this way for elk hunting. I imagine if the 3 of us got together, it would be one hell of an elk hunting trip!! Id be game!!

Yessir, hell of a deal it would be, my AI being a modern G series M-70 action rifle fires 270gr TSX's at 3K, should drill right through a bull. smile

Yeah..... no bull would walk away from that. I’m using 250 TTSXs at 2900 and feel like there ain’t nothing I couldn’t hunt and it shoots pretty danged flat in my opinion. Lines right up with the dotz!

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nice one BSA, I've got a set of RCBS 375 Weatherby dies and some 375 fire formed brass I'd sell. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yeah..... no bull would walk away from that. I’m using 250 TTSXs at 2900 and feel like there ain’t nothing I couldn’t hunt and it shoots pretty danged flat in my opinion. Lines right up with the dotz!

NICE! I just have an old 2.5-8 in QD's on mine, it'll reach 400 though.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Nice one BSA, I've got a set of RCBS 375 Weatherby dies and some 375 fire formed brass I'd sell. MB

Thanks for the offer buddy. I recently found some new brass and when I was in Reno, I picked up a reloading die set for $30.00.... I'm pretty good for now, but thanks.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Hell yes, the 375 I sold you, would work very well too. You know I went to the small town gunshop where Scotty's buddy lives and ended up buying that new brass. Its Hornady, but it should work very well. I'll have to fireform it. Its funny because I want to take the rifle out and shoot it, but other things get in the way. The girlfriend brought me her plate stand and said, here make some of these, so I did:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Pretty cool that only a couple hours of work, after work will provide years of fun at the range. I passed by the new Hornady brass sitting on my bench, still in the plastic, after I took these pics today blush . Last weekend, we shot my AR's, pistols and my new 22lr target rifle. Need to teach her to shoot irons.... That's how most of us learned isn't it buddy......

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice, and damn right, you'll have fun banging steel with that chick, I'm betting the old standard 375 H&H you sold me would pass my AI at extended ranges, the 300gr partition leaving at 2680 fly really well and hit damn hard on my 500 yard steel.

I hope you still have that old McMil syn stock, you can put it on your new rifle. smile was hoping to hear you were already burning powder with that new rig.

Trump Won!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hell yes, the 375 I sold you, would work very well too. You know I went to the small town gunshop where Scotty's buddy lives and ended up buying that new brass. Its Hornady, but it should work very well. I'll have to fireform it. Its funny because I want to take the rifle out and shoot it, but other things get in the way. The girlfriend brought me her plate stand and said, here make some of these, so I did:

Pretty cool that only a couple hours of work, after work will provide years of fun at the range. I passed by the new Hornady brass sitting on my bench, still in the plastic, after I took these pics today blush . Last weekend, we shot my AR's, pistols and my new 22lr target rifle. Need to teach her to shoot irons.... That's how most of us learned isn't it buddy......

Damn buddy you end up getting divorced? That sucks but sometimes it’s for the best I suppose..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice, and damn right, you'll have fun banging steel with that chick, I'm betting the old standard 375 H&H you sold me would pass my AI at extended ranges, the 300gr partition leaving at 2680 fly really well and hit damn hard on my 500 yard steel.

I hope you still have that old McMil syn stock, you can put it on your new rifle. smile was hoping to hear you were already burning powder with that new rig.

grin blush

Man, I wish I still had that stock. That was a good one:

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

How long is that barrel ? Seems like you could Whack’em in the head with that thing when you are pulling it up to shoulder it. smile

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

How long is that barrel ? Seems like you could Whack’em in the head with that thing when you are pulling it up to shoulder it. smile

Factory 25" tube...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Can’t wait till you start forming up some brass. I can’t wait to get back on the range with mine. Had to have some dies made up and I moved in Sept so I’m still catching up since hunting season just ended.

You’ll have a blast with it though. 375 Wby should be a MONSTER.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

grin blush

There's that old bruise painted handle! smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

grin blush

There's that old bruise painted handle! smile

That was a good mcmillan oldstyle coyote bomber swirly... Actually quite popular color scheme with some of the guys quite a while ago... If I were to buy a new one, I'd go with a brown texture painted one with red pad. That color scheme just looks good on these old rifles..

BSA MAGA
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 72 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,679
Posts18,534,262
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.