A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Sargejustice
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While some of Form's hunting posts have left me scratching my head a little, his experience with a bunch of scopes, shot a LOT by other people (not just him) is very valuable.

We have corresponded some about how various scopes hold up under considerable recoil and lot of shooting. I do not have as much experience training/watching others, but shoot more than average, especially when initially testing scopes on harder-kicking rifles. Have now had 20 different brands (not individual scopes) fail just from my own shooting--though in some instances I was deliberately trying to break
"affordable" scopes, which their companies claimed were "shock-proof."

Anyway, our experience with various brands pretty much matches. Don't really care as much about hunting stories as how various scopes work.

Gun writers are the welfare recipients of the gun world and a dead if not forgotten relic of the modern age. The days of Fleecing down companies for free gear, to lie about in articles are nearing an end due to the ability for those companies to reach their customers on social media. Hope MR BARNS saved his retirement money because BSing readers to keep company’s feeding gear is coming to an end.

But folks have to eat so maybe government Cheese cook book will pay rent.

Which AZZHOLE sock puppet are you? Take a hike.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sniveling doesn’t negate facts.
Social media is killing print and the days of free gear are over.
The consumer is tired of lies and pandering.
Say it’s not true and you are only lying to yourself.

The days of hand outs are closing fast.
Azzholes have been the harbingers of truth when the weak quivering lipped crowd stood and watched the world pass bye.
You should take notes as you will want to reflect soon.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Big Sarge Boxer in the flesh.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Big Sarge Boxer in the flesh.

Bless your heart!!!!!

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Free Rent 2020....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Free Rent 2020....

Don’t spook the hole!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While some of Form's hunting posts have left me scratching my head a little, his experience with a bunch of scopes, shot a LOT by other people (not just him) is very valuable.

We have corresponded some about how various scopes hold up under considerable recoil and lot of shooting. I do not have as much experience training/watching others, but shoot more than average, especially when initially testing scopes on harder-kicking rifles. Have now had 20 different brands (not individual scopes) fail just from my own shooting--though in some instances I was deliberately trying to break

Anyway, our experience with various brands pretty much matches. Don't really care as much about hunting stories as how various scopes work.

Gun writers are the welfare recipients of the gun world and a dead if not forgotten relic of the modern age. The days of Fleecing down companies for free gear, to lie about in articles are nearing an end due to the ability for those companies to reach their customers on social media. Hope MR BARNS saved his retirement money because BSing readers to keep company’s feeding gear is coming to an end.

WTF is this? John is the least commercial driven writer that we have. He calls a spade a spade and a goat a goat. He is about one of the last of an old breed but by god I will keep him ammo by buying every magazine with his articles in it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mule Deer produces high quality stuff. I especially like the Gun Gack books. I know a lot of other people do, too.

The creation of the internet and the rise of gun forums, where it is super easy for a multitude of people to instantly share their personal experiences with a product (for better or for worse) has certainly changed magazine-based gun reviews. Mule Deer has successfully accommodated the new format, and still produces excellent material. Sargejustice is stuck in the pre-internet age.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

Before he passed away I was friends with one of the editors for Guns and Ammo. One time he wanted me do so some shooting with a Kimber .22 ($1,200) wearing a Leupold 30X with a 1/8" dot. We fired about a dozen brands of expensive and cheaper ammo at fifty yards. All groups were between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". There was another guy who did some shooting at a different time for him also. When the article came out there were no bad groups so I complimented the other shooter. He told me, "I thought you did all the good shooting."

I confronted the editor and he said, "I must have left off the "1"s. Well I owed him a favor anyway."

Years later I think I know what was wrong. The scope was bad from the get go.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

WOW!

Joined April 2019...with a total 16 posts...already put in ignore category.

That's a record!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While this might be true with some gun writers, it is not the case with John, ie. Muledeer. If you had read much of what he has written, you would know that. I don't think you are as bright as you think you are.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This has turned into quite the thread. Who's next?

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Sargejustice,

And a very Happy New Year to you, too!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
As the Campfire Turns 2020 edition....have fun kids

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL. Another "member" that created multiple usernames along the way because he knew he was going to be banned. But it's definitely not Big Stick/Boxer.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Sargejustice,

And a very Happy New Year to you, too!

Nice work taking the high road. Not surprised, but well done JB.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What started out as a perfectly reasonable thread became... well, what it seems to become most of the time around here.

Happy New Year, folks!

Let's keep 2020 civil.

ILya

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Happy New Year.........thanks for the entertainment "campfire"

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

Every optic that I have purchased on mulder's recommendation has been stellar

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.