Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Windfall, We went with LED bulbs in our garage door openers, 3+ years and counting......”so far, so good”! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
UFO LED lights in my shop, LED flood lights on the outside of it. Several LED lights in the house and as bulbs burn out lights are replaced with LED. Have not noticed any radio interference yet.
Ronnie

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Windfall
The only down side that I have found is using LED's in the garage door opener light. It can interfere with the signal somehow from what I've read. Incandescent bulbs only there. I am amazed at the lack of heat coming off these LED bulbs. I ran one for three days in a floor lamp when we were out for the weekend and it was barely warm to the touch. I don't think that lighting is a big drain on the power bill, but if you can be using 9 watts with an LED instead of 100 with an incandescent bulb, why wouldn't you?
LED's can take the vibrations of a door opener better than an incandescent. Mine have lasted longer and I've never had an interference problems. The same goes for ceiling fans. Our fans have candelabra bases. For a long time it was very hard to find candelabra LEDs in 60w or larger sizes. Now they're fairly common.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Rock Chuck, That’s exactly my finding as well! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have LED light throughout my house, big improvement over incandescent especially in applications requiring a ladder to replace bulbs. Going on 4 years now haven't replaced a single one.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Curious if since LED lighting use a good deal less watts of electricity, when running on a portable generator, would that mean you'd have more reserve capacity, or would that be more related to amps?

Also, since LEDs have internal electronic circuitry, would a inverter type generator be advisable/required?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Joken2, Yes you will cut watts as well as amps of usage! Both are a measure of electricity. That’s the reason that many rv’s are using LED lighting, saves on battery amperage! memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cat's ass here. No static

1Minute
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can’t think of one downside. Great upgrade for us and consumer pricing on them is good now. Love mine in the house and in the shop. Highly recommend

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Converted my whole house over about 7 years ago, with exception of a couple types that weren't yet made in LED. As RockyRaab said, they were expensive then. Not so much, anymore.

Electric bill last month following simple rule of turning off what you're not using - $66.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Make sure and get the right color temperature.

3000 kelvin matches the natural light color.

The blue leds are brighter, but at the expense of strain on your eyes, over time.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by joken2

Curious if since LED lighting use a good deal less watts of electricity, when running on a portable generator, would that mean you'd have more reserve capacity, or would that be more related to amps?

Also, since LEDs have internal electronic circuitry, would a inverter type generator be advisable/required?

Amps X Voltage = watts. Amps and watts are proportional.

I love my LEDs. Nothing but in this house. LED floods for porch lights. I found a big 300 watt equivalent (corn cob style) at Home Depot and put it on the front porch. But with a busy road fifty yards to the west, it was too bright for the drivers at night.

But it sure did light up the yard, all the way out to the pond which is fifty yards south of the house.

When we get the garage finished, I will stick the big light in the middle of it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liked em ever since they came on the scene.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
LED lights have been a change that I have NOT resisted. I first switched to LED when we moved in here 7 years ago starting with the covered recessed porch lights, interior stair lights and other lights that were kept on frequently or overnight. As other bulbs burnt out I replaced them all with LED. I have had ZERO negative experiences with LED and I like not changing burnt out bulbs constantly.

LED lights in an RV or boat makes perfect sense. I swapped all the bulbs in a brand new boat for LED bulbs since accidentally leaving your Nav lights on won’t find you with a dead battery the next morning.

The technology keeps getting better and the product keeps getting cheaper. I haven’t found a downside to them yet.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.