Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14428857 01/02/20
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does a hunt swap interest anyone? I’m not sure if this is right forum. I’m looking to shoot anything out of Midwest. We have good white tails and lots of pheasants. Will have a farm with standing corn and heated box blind for late muzzleloader season

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually a very cool idea.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did many of these over a number of years and most worked out very, very well... but a couple notes of caution: every state looks at these differently. In Alaska they are illegal unless you are licensed as a guide or transporter. Many states have many different rules about what constitutes guiding and you need to be careful about how you do it.

Off the top of my head, I did swaps in AZ, NM, MI, LA, MS, FL, OR, TX, WY, MT... and had a bunch of good times.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That’s Sitka. I would have a tag as well so In Iowa we are allowed to hunt together.

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good idea for a whole forum dedicated to swaps

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I would swap a fishing trip for a hunting trip. Or a beach house for a week with a vehicle.

Last edited by Calvin; 01/03/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Anyone up for a whitetail trip in GA or a saltwater fishing trip off the coast of GA/SC?

Would like to try a hunt west of the Mississippi for wt, mule, pronghorn, or elk. No big trophies just meat or cull bucks/bulls. Something that's a challenge but not an ass kicker physically.

You'll shoot your eye out
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Great idea for a new forum...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would swap elk/whitetail/duck/geese/wolf/black bear for a hog/alligator hunt! just buddies getting together, no guiding as such.
even have spare rooms upstairs!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good idea I've done myself, but a person needs to use good judgement.

LOL
IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been involved in 8 or 10 swap hunts over the years. Mostly I invited the out-of-stater to join us in our elk camp. Showed them a map and made suggestions. Just some guys getting together to hunt. No real guiding or outfitting involved. I always expected the guest to do his share of the work and pay his share of the cost. But I never accepted money from the guest. Mostly so-so outcomes. A couple of good experiences and a couple not so good. Kind of like hunting I guess.

There use to be a swap hunt forum but it seemed like a lot of people were asking a lot and not offering much in return. They would ask for a week-long elk hunt and in return they would offer a weekend of pheasant hunting or fishing. It eventually got overwhelmed with those kinds of offers. It lasted for about a year and eventually they just shut it down.

I think a good forum might consist of posting that I would like to hunt XXX?? whatever. I met my best hunting buddy on just such a hunt. I posted that I was looking for companions on an Alaska hunt. Hooked up with three other guys and we went on a fly-in float hunt. Had a great time. Maybe call it hunt companions forum?

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

J
J
Great idea. Lots of good people out there!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have 8 elk points for WY, I would trade walleye fishing Saginaw Bay, St Marys for atlantics and a week hunting MI whitetail in NW MI on private ground rifle or archery.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I would swap elk/whitetail/duck/geese/wolf/black bear for a hog/alligator hunt! just buddies getting together, no guiding as such.
even have spare rooms upstairs!

I’ll trade you a Hayden Idaho deer hunt forA Bonner’s Ferry deer hunt. 🤠

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

KC. Have any WY points? I’m looking to use mine this year or a few of my Colorado points.

Originally Posted by KC
I've been involved in 8 or 10 swap hunts over the years. Mostly I invited the out-of-stater to join us in our elk camp. Showed them a map and made suggestions. Just some guys getting together to hunt. No real guiding or outfitting involved. I always expected the guest to do his share of the work and pay his share of the cost. But I never accepted money from the guest. Mostly so-so outcomes. A couple of good experiences and a couple not so good. Kind of like hunting I guess.

There use to be a swap hunt forum but it seemed like a lot of people were asking a lot and not offering much in return. They would ask for a week-long elk hunt and in return they would offer a weekend of pheasant hunting or fishing. It eventually got overwhelmed with those kinds of offers. It lasted for about a year and eventually they just shut it down.

I think a good forum might consist of posting that I would like to hunt XXX?? whatever. I met my best hunting buddy on just such a hunt. I posted that I was looking for companions on an Alaska hunt. Hooked up with three other guys and we went on a fly-in float hunt. Had a great time. Maybe call it hunt companions forum?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Great idea, but it's getting more difficult every day to secure tags in some states. Especially so for a non-resident.

1Minute
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great idea! I’ve been involved in a few swap/trades and have made some great friendships through it also.
Willing to trade a custom rifle for hunts if anyone wants to chat PM me.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka

KC. Have any WY points? I’m looking to use mine this year or a few of my Colorado points.

ribkka:

I've hunted antelope and whitetails in NE WY a couple of times. But I'm not collecting points. Sorry.

I have to see how my recovery from surgery develops before I make any plans.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Man I would love to do a mule deer or elk, shoot even white tail out in the mid west, but could only offer tree rats, hogs and billions of skeeters.

Dont eat the big white mint!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If any one is interested in swapping mule deer, elk, Bear (western hunt) for multiple turkey(s) and trout fishing let me know.

Last edited by jowens; 02/07/20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,013
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.