Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by viking
Trump should get that ring and put it in a nice trophy case. And then invite the libtards to a cocktail party.

I would get it re-sized to fit my middle finger.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Sycamore

I repeat, stand by for more attacks on our folks. If you don't think so, you are a fool.

You mean like when we wiped out 1/3 of Iran's Navy during Preying Mantis?... those guys went quiet for over ten years...

1/3 of the Navy, how many ships was that?

1988 was the end of the disastrous (for both sides) Iran-Iraq war. Do you think that might have helped "keep them quiet"?

Also remember they had a crazy Sunni governed Afghanistan right on their 6, and the Russians were pulling out they had a lot to cover locally.

It was HALF. Here you go. And did I mention it was FUN? From the link: This battle was the largest of the five major U.S. surface engagements since the Second World War, which also include the Battle of Chumonchin Chan during the Korean War, the Gulf of Tonkin incident and the Battle of Dong Hoi during the Vietnam War, and the Action in the Gulf of Sidra in 1986. It also marked the U.S. Navy's first exchange of anti-ship missiles with opposing ships and the only occasion since World War II on which the US Navy sank a major surface combatant.

By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet.

Preying Mantis

So, 1 frigate, one gunboat and 3 speedboats and one plane?

...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't help it if their navy is as small as your noggin' but the percentages are accurate...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just the facts, ma'am.

it wouldn't have sounded as cool if you would have said "we sunk 1/3 of their tiny Navy" would it?

Last edited by Sycamore; 01/04/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't help it if their navy is as small as your noggin' but the percentages are accurate...

LMAO !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I believe Trump is serious about putting Iran in its place. https://www.oann.com/white-house-expects-iranian-response-in-coming-weeks/

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just the facts, ma'am.

it wouldn't have sounded as cool if you would have said "we sunk 1/3 of their tiny Navy" would it?

Here, you'll need some KY: "By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet."

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just the facts, ma'am.

Here, you'll need some KY: "By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet."

I realize you got better information from wikipedia , but your original post stated 1/3.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had The Joy of riding around the Persian Gulf while in the Army on a bunch of Ayatollah Class Frigates...They had been ordered before the dust up over there I guess so our Navy put them to work. Buncha little helicopters with green eyed pilots flying around sinking Iranian gun boats laugh My pleasure turning wrenches on them.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I have tried to stay out of these attacks on sycamore, by keyboard warriors, but it's obvious they don't know any thing about him at all, his actual politics, lifestyle, anything.

I am not going to get into any of that other than to say i have known him for a long time now, there are a lot of common grounds in his life history to mine, and these character attacks are not representative of him at all.
I am not exactly a card carrying member of the progressive party, being somewhere to the right of attila the hun,my DNA also indicates that.
I hate to draw attention to myself but he is a friend. And these attacks continually misrepresent the actual man.

All I know about him is that he is forever giving underhanded behind the back stabs and jabs at Trump, question his IQ or patriotic actions and always pushing the downside. That's enough for me.

Unlike many I can get a clue after a while.

Seems pretty evident Jorge is pretty savvy and well sighted in on his BS stealth agenda too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/05/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just the facts, ma'am.

I realize you got better information from wikipedia , but your original post stated 1/3.

That was from another source. Really immaterial, given the size of their navy . Bottom line my posit was accurate, after that beat down, they went silent for close to ten years...

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Why didnt Sickermore raise questions of alarm over his hero the Zero taking OBL out.

Or of Hillary taking Lybias leader out and having it become part of the muzzy caliphate?

Or raise any concerns over Zero and Hillarys handling of Benghazi?

Or have concerns over Zeros Iranian nuc treaty. Hes a big supporter of the military isn't he? Unless 200 generals come out against the scam or a turd like Solemani kills a few hundred service men.

He never raised concerns about Uranuim Ones sale to Russia and in fact, indicated on occasion it was BS and asked for proof.

Well, I could just as well say Bill or Hillary never cost me any skin and give them a likewise pass. Bill never assaulted my wife or nailed any of my neices. Hey, what's wrong with supporting him?

Sheesh.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/05/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 11 invisible), 14,671 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,336
Posts18,546,258
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.