Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Must be a Commander style or full size. MUST have slide milled to attach a Sig Romeo Zero... this will be an EDC piece...

What does the braintrust recommend ???

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
How much are you looking to spend? I only have experience with the Ruger SR1911. I like it but I'm sure there will be lots of different opinions from the 1911 guys.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I suggest you two gals pull your faces away from each other's twats and figure out WTF you'd want to carry around a piece that big and heavy to have 8 rounds on tap.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sig.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I suggest you two gals pull your faces away from each other's twats and figure out WTF you'd want to carry around a piece that big and heavy to have 8 rounds on tap.

LOL....Good to see you back....GFY

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the attraction with the RMR dot sight systems, especially for an edc? Curious about why you decided to go with one?

My edc with old school night sights....😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
What is the attraction with the RMR dot sight systems, especially for an edc? Curious about why you decided to go with one?

Have you ever used an optic on a long arm?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I've shot dot sights on pistols and they are MUCH faster and More accurate to me... I do not need 15 rounds to get OUT of trouble... I'm not a LEO that goes running into trouble spots.

8 rounds is more than enough for me. 60 year old eyes appreciate red dot sights more than children's eyes do.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/sw1911sc-e-series-round-butt-scandium-frame

Light weight, highly accurate and feeds flawlessly.

and screw the optics on a carry gun.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I've shot dot sights on pistols and they are MUCH faster and More accurate to me... I do not need 15 rounds to get OUT of trouble... I'm not a LEO that goes running into trouble spots.

8 rounds is more than enough for me. 60 year old eyes appreciate red dot sights more than children's eyes do.

That's great but an Optics Ready HellCat would make a helluva lot more sense than some POS 1911.

Are you two planning on shooting a .45?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Till they don’t work for whatever reason. Screw the dot sights on an EDC. At almost 68 I prefer a weapon that fits good, comes up to a natural point on the draw. As far as weight my Kimber Pro-Carry with 8 230 Gold Dots in the mag and 1 in the pipe is 36 oz. G26 with 12 in the mag and 1 in the pipe is 30 oz. So that’s not a big deal.

Swifty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Till they don’t work for whatever reason. Screw the dot sights on an EDC. At almost 68 I prefer a weapon that fits good, comes up to a natural point on the draw. As far as weight my Kimber Pro-Carry with 8 230 Gold Dots in the mag and 1 in the pipe is 36 oz. G26 with 12 in the mag and 1 in the pipe is 30 oz. So that’s not a big deal.

OK, Boomer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sig 365 or 320 of your desired flavor with extended mags, or Old Faithful, G19. They just work.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Go Rock Island for a dependable and affordable option. Have had several and a commander has stayed.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

OK, Boomer.

Sure didn’t take you long to fall back to your old self. Guess your big reveal and spleel of addiction was nothing but a looking for sympathy BS thread.

Swifty
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, I'm convinced that the attraction, nowadays, towards 1911s is mostly nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that, but there are better choices available now. Have been for forty years or so. Not to put down the 1911 in the least. I have several, and am a big fan, but I acknowledge the nostalgia component to their appeal for me. I even have one kept loaded in the house. I also would feel quite well armed carrying one, but then I'd also feel well armed carrying a Single Action Army Colt .45. Doesn't make either the best choice in light of what's currently available, though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sure didn’t take you long to fall back to your old self. Guess your big reveal and spleel of addiction was nothing but a looking for sympathy BS thread.

I don't know that "swift" is the proper adjective to describe yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Must be a Commander style or full size. MUST have slide milled to attach a Sig Romeo Zero... this will be an EDC piece...

What does the braintrust recommend ???

Sounds like your looking forward to a hip replacement?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'll suggest a Kimber custom shop Pro CDP in 45 ACP. Aluminum frame, stainless slide, with the works.

Coincidentally, I have a minty one I'd sell. whistle

Oops, no Romeo mounting provision. Dang it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Have you ever used an optic on a long arm?

No...Beaver has short arms. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.