Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Have your funeral planed? I went to a cousin's yesterday. Along with wanting a couple of hymns I have in mind, I think I'll ask for fireworks set off at the cemetery last thing. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I donate my body for sniper practice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm planning on skipping mine. Maybe a memorial service, but the tradition of human taxidermy has about run its course IMO.

"Don't he look natural" is Biggest Lie #4, 5 at the least. He looks like schitt.

Always told my sons I wanted them to sneak my ashes up to Gettysburg and shoot them out of one of the brass cannons, but that's probably some kind of crime of Mass Destruction now.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/11/20.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be fine with maybe a pine squirrel, a couple ravens, a coyote, and an eagle in attendance.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 for me, The Old Rugged Cross, and In the Garden

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There you go men, you have the planning done.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Shoe box full of old photos on the foyer table and a gift card for a 20 piece bucket of KFC.

you do have a foyer table, don’t you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Have your funeral planed? I went to a cousin's yesterday. Along with wanting a couple of hymns I have in mind, I think I'll ask for fireworks set off at the cemetery last thing. laugh

wabigoon;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your fine family well and warm on the second Saturday of 2020.

Since we've been dealing with the passing of my own mother in the past year and we're not sure how much longer my much loved mother in law will be with us, it's been a much discussed topic in our immediate family.

Along with that of course, we've done a fair bit of estate planning which is, in my opinion the most unselfish thing we can do for the folks who'll be in charge of cleaning up what we've accumulated. I'll add a plea here for all the gentle readers to have a current and valid will done as soon as possible and thanks in advance from all of us who've been executors.

Personally, I've told the family that my wish is for cremation and they can scatter my remains on whatever decent mulie and whitetail habitat they can access when the time comes. I figure that since I've spent a full lifetime eating venison grown on the mountain behind the house, the least I can do is fertilize some feed for them when I pass.

With regards to a service wabigoon, I've left it up to them to decide what they'd like to do as I'm of the belief that funeral services are for the living left behind, if that makes sense?

All the best to you folks in 2020 and do stay warm as this next Arctic front moves southward.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Always polite, and to the point Dwayne. You are the gemstone on the crown on the 'fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The worst used car salesman is still better than any funeral director.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Immediate cremation.

Kids are to invite those on a short list of people I would like to attend a dinner. For the first hour the guests have to curb their tongues, after that hour they can just relax, kick back, and let the mellow flow.

Letters or short notes will be left from me to each guest.

There is a reason specific to each and every person to be asked to attend.

Music of many genres will be played, EXCEPT for CRAP, RAP, AND JIGGER !

Lynn

I would like the first song to be "Copperhead Road" sung by Steve Earle. Someone on here posted it one time and the damn song has stayed with me. I have several other requests I have told the kids, and they are cool with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just want my old dogs to dig the hole this time and bury me.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark Twain's Rules for Funeral Etiquette

Do not criticize the person in whose honor the entertainment is given.

Make no remarks about his equipment. If the handles are plated, it is best to seem to not observe it.

If the odor of the flowers is too oppressive for your comfort, remember that they were not brought there for you, and that the person for whom they were brought suffers no inconvenience from their presence.

Listen, with as intense an expression of attention as you can command, to the official statement of the character and history of the person in whose honor the entertainment is given; and if these statistics should seem to fail to tally with the facts, in places, do not nudge your neighbor, or press your foot upon his toes, or manifest, by any other sign, your awareness that taffy is being distributed.

If the official hopes expressed concerning the person in whose honor the entertainment is given are known by you to be oversized, let it pass -- do not interrupt.

At the moving passages, be moved -- but only according to the degree of your intimacy with the parties giving the entertainment, or with the party in whose honor the entertainment is given. Where a blood relation sobs, an intimate friend should choke up, a distant acquaintance should sigh, a stranger should merely fumble sympathetically with his handkerchief. Where the occasion is military, the emotions should be graded according to military rank, the highest officer present taking precedence in emotional violence, and the rest modifying their feelings according to their position in the service.

Do not bring your dog.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, something else I hire smart folk to do, they can put me in a new spittoon for all I care, have a nice meal, then have Wife bring my smoked ass home and put up on the fireplace mantel.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Mark Twain's Rules for Funeral Etiquette

Do not criticize the person in whose honor the entertainment is given.

Make no remarks about his equipment. If the handles are plated, it is best to seem to not observe it.

If the odor of the flowers is too oppressive for your comfort, remember that they were not brought there for you, and that the person for whom they were brought suffers no inconvenience from their presence.

Listen, with as intense an expression of attention as you can command, to the official statement of the character and history of the person in whose honor the entertainment is given; and if these statistics should seem to fail to tally with the facts, in places, do not nudge your neighbor, or press your foot upon his toes, or manifest, by any other sign, your awareness that taffy is being distributed.

If the official hopes expressed concerning the person in whose honor the entertainment is given are known by you to be oversized, let it pass -- do not interrupt.

At the moving passages, be moved -- but only according to the degree of your intimacy with the parties giving the entertainment, or with the party in whose honor the entertainment is given. Where a blood relation sobs, an intimate friend should choke up, a distant acquaintance should sigh, a stranger should merely fumble sympathetically with his handkerchief. Where the occasion is military, the emotions should be graded according to military rank, the highest officer present taking precedence in emotional violence, and the rest modifying their feelings according to their position in the service.

Do not bring your dog.

Damn good advice !

Lynn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had originally asked to be cremated in my fire-proof flight suit, just as a final irritant to all involved. But I relented.

I did write a Just In Case letter and have a link to it on my computer desktop. It contains a few tender remarks of goodbye, suggestions on who to help value and sell my guns, instructions on how to open the safe, where my important documents are, and the suggestion that the golf course may be a nice place to deposit my ashes. May the damn geese there choke on them!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No one else likes fireworks?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No one else likes fireworks?

lol. I knew of a guy in Louisiana who wanted to be cremated and have his ashes mixed into shotgun shells, to be fired at wood ducks coming in to roost. does that count?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You’ll never hear more lies than at a funeral.

My wife’s grandaddy’s funeral....I thought the preacher got his notes mixed up with someone else.

I average about 5 funerals a year. Unbelievable some of the horseshít I hear about these people.

For a C-Note, the parlor pastor can make you out to be a saint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miss Lynn Good to see you out and about . Happy New Year. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 01/11/20. Reason: spelling

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,506
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.