Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Musicianized
Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 Riflescope Mil-R FFP C557

What about this one?

Great scope. Almost as good as the LRTSi...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 Riflescope Mil-R FFP C557

What about this one?

Great scope. Almost as good as the LRTSi...

John

wink

I prefer the G3 reticle, among other features of the LRTSi.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
put it on my 6.5 and sight it in to 200yds.. and cleanly miss deer (big time) at 400 by aiming 2" high...

fixed it for you, buddy

About a 5" drop between 200 and 400yds with a 143gr eld, With a 200yd zero and aiming 2" high on a 400yd shot.. that would be well within the killzone of a deer. Lol

You'd be better served checking the real ballistics, before making a fool of yourself. Just how fast do you think you're pushing them?.......

Yep you're right.. apparently the ballistics apps are wrong and the preset velocity is too high. Big difference in ballistics on the box of nosler 142 eld than what comes up in the apps I downloaded. A really big difference.

You were only about 20” off. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jason,

If they don’t want it, shoot me a pm.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
LGS is doing a year end sale and has all Bushnell scopes at 50 percent off. Their normal prices are pretty much MSRP. They have 2 LRHS 4.5-18X44

During the Black Friday sale Brownells was selling this same scope for $745.00 each.

Bought two.

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by SU35
LGS is doing a year end sale and has all Bushnell scopes at 50 percent off. Their normal prices are pretty much MSRP. They have 2 LRHS 4.5-18X44

During the Black Friday sale Brownells was selling this same scope for $745.00 each.

Bought two.

I remember that sale. I believe there was even a rebate from Bushnell on top of that. Wish I had jumped on that.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
put it on my 6.5 and sight it in to 200yds.. and cleanly miss deer (big time) at 400 by aiming 2" high...

fixed it for you, buddy

About a 5" drop between 200 and 400yds with a 143gr eld, With a 200yd zero and aiming 2" high on a 400yd shot.. that would be well within the killzone of a deer. Lol

You'd be better served checking the real ballistics, before making a fool of yourself. Just how fast do you think you're pushing them?.......

Yep you're right.. apparently the ballistics apps are wrong and the preset velocity is too high. Big difference in ballistics on the box of nosler 142 eld than what comes up in the apps I downloaded. A really big difference.

You were only about 20” off. wink

Lol.. The one that got away...

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Jason,

Hey Allen,

Just saw this. You're on a roll. PM coming.

Jason

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Jason,

Hey Allen,

Just saw this. You're on a roll. PM coming.

Jason

Yeah I'll pass but appreciate the offer. I'm already sold on a mil reticle after reading up on it. 6x as a low is a little high for me though and I'll use that $200 on a forever scope for this xbolt.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah I'll pass but appreciate the offer. I'm already sold on a mil reticle after reading up on it. 6x as a low is a little high for me though and I'll use that $200 on a forever scope for this xbolt.

You can get a lot done with 6x and a MQ reticle. And maybe more, than what you think you can. Big game up close is no sweat. In fact, I use a 6x MQ on my 10/22 for sage rats. Have shot them as close 10 yards. And a 6x MQ is sufficient for 12" steel plates at 600 yards.

That covers a lot of ground, and a lot of uses. And there are huge side benefits to the fixed 6x. For some, they won't get caught with the wrong magnification by surprise. Not a big deal to many, but I know multiple people who lost a shot opportunity by having their scope set on too high of a magnification.

More important to me is the fact that you can more easily see your impacts, and misses, with lower magnification. The 6x strikes a good balance of "enough magnification to aim" and "ability to spot shots".

Second is parallax. The 6x MQ is very forgiving in this regard, especially from field positions. Don't underestimate this, as I've seen people chase their tails.

I totally understand the "buy once, cry once" thinking. Lot of merit in that thought process. But you went from, "Nah I don't want a mil reticle" earlier in this thread to, "I'm already sold on a mil reticle after reading up on it." A small investment in a SWFA Classic would be money well spent. Then, once you figure out what you like by hands-on experience, and not just reading about it, you can make an informed decision. You won't lose much money on the SWFA and may decide to stick with it.

Jason

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Trystan Part Deux...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joshf303
Trystan Part Deux...

Hah, so true. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
I'd just get a Leupold then.....

I've killed countless deer at first light, last light, good light, noon light for the last 30 years with a $50 3x Bushnell, that's never had to be re-sighted in once.

I sould probably take that scope off my 3030 and put it on my 6.5 and sight it in to 200yds.. and kill deer put to 400 by aiming 2" high... and say screw a new scope, take the $900 and buy the 45-70 guide Marlin I want instead.. and yeah

I agree, you have the formula for success....That GregW guy doesn’t know anything. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by GregW
I'd just get a Leupold then.....

I've killed countless deer at first light, last light, good light, noon light for the last 30 years with a $50 3x Bushnell, that's never had to be re-sighted in once.

I sould probably take that scope off my 3030 and put it on my 6.5 and sight it in to 200yds.. and kill deer put to 400 by aiming 2" high... and say screw a new scope, take the $900 and buy the 45-70 guide Marlin I want instead.. and yeah

I agree, you have the formula for success....That GregW guy doesn’t know anything. 😎

Yep I'be been pretty successful thus far. It's funny how butthurt people get when I don't immediately take the advice of a few "forum stars" and want to continue searching and making sure I'm getting the best value for my money and that there isn't something out there that I might like/want over the few suggestions.

Just because you guys are happy here with a few certain brands doesn't mean there aren't 100 guys elsewhere equally happy and performing well with what they are using.

And the lack of sense of humor in here is really evident. Jokes met with sarcasm, questions met with sarcasm... don't expect me to give 2 [bleep] about their advice, there's plenty of other decent enjoyable people to talk with and get advice from.

Jordans been a lot of help. I'm down to 2 different scopes, either a BSA Tactical 3x9 or a Tasco World Class 3x9.. 😊

You can lead a horse...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We look forward to you coming back and putting us through a few LR shooting “clinics” in 5-6 months....

Last edited by joshf303; 01/13/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Job!

BSA or Tasco....hmm, either will serve you well. I’d go with whichever one looked the coolest on your gun.

Yes, Jordan is a good, knowledgeable person. We all like him very much.

Good luck! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe even an ACOG would work.. kind of like point and click. Hell my guns going to look so cool the deer are just going to lay down for me.

Last edited by Musicianized; 01/13/20.

You can lead a horse...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Trystan Part Deux...

Hah, so true. grin

What was it that some infamous fire member once said? You can lead a horse to water...... or something like that.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We look forward to you coming back and putting us through a few LR shooting “clinics” in 5-6 months....

It's going to take me longer than that to make barn size targets so you can actually make some hits. I'll get workin on it tho. 😉

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by atse
Trystan Part Deux...

Hah, so true. grin

What was it that some infamous fire member once said? You can lead a horse to water...... or something like that.

But you can't make him drink the koolaid?

You can lead a horse...
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,783
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.