Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, far be it from me to be able to figure all things out, or HIS ways. I expect HE wants us to do as HE says, depending on and trusting HIM, rather than to lean on our own understanding.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's a big difference between having a relationship with God and being saved. Anyone, any where, any time can be saved by simply accepting Christ. Anyone who has done so is going to heaven, no matter what. Having a relationship is a way of life, not a way of salvation. It allows you to have a few of the benefits of salvation here on earth but doesn't affect whether you're actually saved or not. You can live alone in the most remote place on earth for years, totally separated from any Christians, and still be saved. Having a relationship there though, is far more difficult.
Amen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Plus, when there is no man to do a job. Who among us would refuse first aid from a female doctor when in danger of bleeding to death?

You should be man enough and step up to preach at your church. What is there 25-30 in your attendance.

Shouldn’t you be at least a deacon or elder there? A long married man to one woman, a wise, senior man of your community, a planter, a pillar?

You evangelize enough on here. Do you at least teach a Sunday School class? Ever fill in on a Wednesday night for you pastor away on a trip?

Do you participate in you choir?

What exactly do you do at your church?

Just asking

I know you won’t answer, being B-type and all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We show love of God by worshiping Him they way He asked.
Ones love for God is *chiefly* demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by loving others (others whom God loves). Period. When you open the New Testament and ask the question, "What does it look like to be a follower of Jesus...?", it's crystal clear. If you don't 'get' anything else, here's the thing that should describe you, here's the thing that should characterize you 'more than anything else', here's what He said to His closest followers before he left the earth - "By *this* everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." It's not the gold cross hangin' on your neck, it's not goin' to church on Sunday morning, it's not your church bumper sticker, it's not what kind of family you were born into or raised in, it's not that you were baptized, it's not the ‘way’ you worship, and it's certainly not policing other people's behavior. "By *this* everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." The defining characteristic of a follower of Jesus is how they treat other people.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Understanding only comes from the Holy Spirit, few realizes this though it's Christ's life lesson. Christ didn't write a bible or start a church, man did... live in man or live in Christ, whatever...

Kent

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd just think some people blind, even deaf, and dumb have been saved by Grace.

This was on the wall in the church where my cousin's funeral was held. I thought it was worth a picture. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey lovey man, I addressed a post to you.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I admit to loving the old hymns, my mother would practice them on the piano at home, she was a substitute if the regular pianist wasn't there.

I listen to old timey bluegrass gospel, my wife shakes her head so I mostly do it when alone, which is often.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plus, when there is no man to do a job. Who among us would refuse first aid from a female doctor when in danger of bleeding to death?
Why would there be? Preaching the gospel of Dr. Feelgood isn't go8ing to compel anyone to waste their time. The fact that most main line religions (including Catholic) are short of proper ministers is a failure to properly teach and lead.

Politics is War by Other Means
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lest not ye whicheth canst be thy own self, be that whatst shalt noweth nor forever beith false. IMO

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Church isn't special, if no one is there, neither is the Holy Spirit. ....
Church isn't any different than a ball stadium, when folks are attending, lots of praying and cheering, a percentage of people will have brought the HS with them, the winners will praise God.
That is your church, not mine.
Mine has the real presence of God, every bit as much as the Arch of the Covenant of old.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We don't pay well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus didn't abolish the law, the law & penalties are still there. But he wants us to follow the law...
Paul said that ‘we’ died to the law, meaning that its ability to identify us as sinners and demand our life in payment for our sins was fulfilled through the sacrifice of Jesus. Paul also said that ‘we’ were “released from the Law.” :
“But now we have been released from the law because we have died to that in which we were held so that we might serve in *newness* of the spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Romans 7:6)
For fully devoted followers of Jesus, the law can no longer identify and punish us as sinners. Our obedience now is fulfilled through the *new* life in the Spirit of God. That’s what Paul meant when he wrote in Romans the following :
"For sin shall not rule over you because you are NOT under law, but under grace." (Romans 6:14)
Jesus ‘fulfilled’ it (the law), now it’s over and done with. Jesus also said that ALL of the Law and the Prophets (that’s the ‘entire’ Old Testament) hangs on loving God and loving others. Period.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Ones love for God is *chiefly* demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by loving others (others whom God loves). Period. When you open the New Testament and ask the question, "What does it look like to be a follower of Jesus...?", it's crystal clear.
Like I said earlier, go back and read the *entire* Bible and get back with us. Jesus went to church, Jesus proclaimed he was building a church, Jesus said that not one tittle of the old law was being eliminated.

If it was as you say, why would Jesus have bothered to breath the 1st Great Commandment? He could have just summarized it by saying the 2nd.

Read the whole thing, try again.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by krp
Church isn't special, if no one is there, neither is the Holy Spirit. ....
Church isn't any different than a ball stadium, when folks are attending, lots of praying and cheering, a percentage of people will have brought the HS with them, the winners will praise God.
That is your church, not mine.
Mine has the real presence of God, every bit as much as the Arch of the Covenant of old.

If it burnt down and you moved across the street?

Christ and the HS are about the individual, that is the presence of God.

Kent

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Why would there be? Preaching the gospel of Dr. Feelgood isn't go8ing to compel anyone to waste their time. The fact that most main line religions (including Catholic) are short of proper ministers is a failure to properly teach and lead.

Wabi, not saying I always follow HIS instruction. wink

Tyrone, we have been misled by Satans efforts to get between us and our Creator ages ago.

I think we are short of proper ministers as part of the Curse HE said HE would visit on us for disobeying HIS instruction to HIS people as HE informed us in Deut and Ezra for disobeying and bringing in heathen unbelievers into the land of milk and honey HE gave us and allowing them to intermingle with our sons and daughters.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ones love for God is *chiefly* demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by loving others (others whom God loves). Period. When you open the New Testament and ask the question, "What does it look like to be a follower of Jesus...?", it's crystal clear.
Like I said earlier, go back and read the *entire* Bible and get back with us. Jesus went to church, Jesus proclaimed he was building a church, Jesus said that not one tittle of the old law was being eliminated.

If it was as you say, why would Jesus have bothered to breath the 1st Great Commandment? He could have just summarized it by saying the 2nd.

Read the whole thing, try again.

Do you eat bacon and lobster?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus didn't abolish the law, the law & penalties are still there. But he wants us to follow the law...
Paul said that ‘we’ died to the law, meaning that its ability to identify us as sinners and demand our life in payment for our sins was fulfilled through the sacrifice of Jesus. Paul also said that ‘we’ were “released from the Law.” :
“But now we have been released from the law because we have died to that in which we were held so that we might serve in *newness* of the spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Romans 7:6)
For fully devoted followers of Jesus, the law can no longer identify and punish us as sinners. Our obedience now is fulfilled through the *new* life in the Spirit of God. That’s what Paul meant when he wrote in Romans the following :
"For sin shall not rule over you because you are NOT under law, but under grace." (Romans 6:14)
Jesus ‘fulfilled’ it (the law), now it’s over and done with. Jesus also said that ALL of the Law and the Prophets (that’s the ‘entire’ Old Testament) hangs on loving God and loving others. Period.
Yes, the strict letter of the law can't ID us as sinners, but if we don't follow it because of what is in our heart, then yes, we condemn ourselves. God can read our heart. He knows why/why not we follow His laws.

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Bottom line - We should follow God's laws out of love for Him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Do you eat bacon and lobster?
Here you are again, quoting scripture like Satan.

But I give you the benefit of the doubt. Here is a little primer on the various laws. https://padreperegrino.org/2018/04/...YK-Ud0yGsvbmEPqSBZ_3F6lr5MZJdM1bzxSswLG0

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I think we are short of proper ministers as part of the Curse HE said HE would visit on us for disobeying HIS instruction to HIS people as HE informed us in Deut and Ezra for disobeying and bringing in heathen unbelievers into the land of milk and honey HE gave us and allowing them to intermingle with our sons and daughters.
I think there is a lot to be said for that.
At Fatima, Our Lady ID'ed it as the errors of Russia.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 36 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,854
Posts18,517,634
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.