Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"Climate change hoax COLLAPSES as new science finds human activity has virtually zero impact on global temperatures"

Interesting, another nail in the coffin.

https://www.3ccorp.net/2020/01/12/c...ly-zero-impact-on-global-temperatures-2/

911 "Cloud Cover" study-

https://globalnews.ca/news/2934513/...r-an-unlikely-climate-change-experiment/

"The effect during the three days that flights were grounded was strongest in populated regions where air traffic was normally densest. The increase in range came to about two degrees Celsius.

Other studies have tended to back up the research. In 2011, British scientists wrote that an air raid in May 1944 involving over 1,400 aircraft measurably lowered daytime temperatures in England."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The irony of that article is that it relies on least-squares curve fitting, as does the vast majority of the climate alarmist "research".

The truth of the matter is that linear curve fitting is an exceedingly poor method of analysis for questions of thermodynamics. Systems with many variables that interact with each other in non-linear fashion is far better suited for analysis through partial differential equations. These are what real scientists use to predict the weather. And anyone with a modicum of mathematical training will recognize that climate is nothing more or less than the integral of weather.

There are many variables that go into weather forecasting. Notably absent is the concentration of CO2, even though it varies significantly over time and space. The premise that the integral of a function is dominated by a factor not significant in the function itself is laughable from a mathematical point of view.

The best that real scientists can say about the question of whether or not CO2 is the dominant driving factor in long-term climate is "We don't know." The evidence that it the dominant factor is laughable. The evidence that it is insignificant is strong. But in reality we just don't know. It is hard to do experiments on a global scale, which is what the scientific method requires to establish proof.

That said, I applaud all efforts to expose the climate alarmists for the frauds that they are.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The climate change cult will never give up their religion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Climate change is a scare tactic the democrats have invented as a way to hopefully seize energy. Unlimited finances, and government control are their only concerns.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
And anyone with a modicum of mathematical training will recognize that climate is nothing more or less than the integral of weather.

?????

So, no matter what, the earth is going to get hotter and hotter as time passes, what with that integral evaluating as a greater and greater number as time passes? I am assuming you're evaluating any one aspect of "weather" over time, right?

Otherwise, call 1/1/2020 year 0. Keep temperature (T) constant. The integral of T evaluated at time = x is going to be doubled at 2x. So, the climate integral for temperature for year 1/1/2022 is double that of 1/1/2021?

I'm kinda thinking that your integral needs to be divided by units of time. However my integral math is G-O-N-E gone, I'm not a climate scientist, and I don't have the foggiest when I last stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stop with these false news conspiracies. Listen to scientists. It's 2020 now. Even Exxon-Mobil admits climate change is real and human-caused.

I bet you denier guys believe in little green men, the hollow earth theory and "chemtrails", too.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/news-articles/solar-minimum-is-coming

https://www.livescience.com/61716-sun-cooling-global-warming.html
"The last grand-minimum event — a disruption of the sun's 11-year cycle of variable sunspot activity — happened in the mid-17th century. Known as the Maunder Minimum, it occurred between 1645 and 1715, during a longer span of time when parts of the world became so cold that the period was called the Little Ice Age, which lasted from about 1300 to 1850."

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/17jan_solcon
"The intensity of the Sun varies along with the 11-year sunspot cycle. When sunspots are numerous the solar constant is high (about 1367 W/m2); when sunspots are scarce the value is low (about 1365 W/m2). Eleven years isn't the only "beat," however. The solar constant can fluctuate by ~0.1% over days and weeks as sunspots grow and dissipate. The solar constant also drifts by 0.2% to 0.6% over many centuries, according to scientists who study tree rings.
These small changes can affect Earth in a big way. For example, between 1645 and 1715 (a period astronomers call the "Maunder Minimum") the sunspot cycle stopped; the face of the Sun was nearly blank for 70 years. At the same time Europe was hit by an extraordinary cold spell: the Thames River in London froze, glaciers advanced in the Alps, and northern sea ice increased. An earlier centuries-long surge in solar activity (inferred from studies of tree rings) had the opposite effect: Vikings were able to settle the thawed-out coast of Greenland in the 980s, and even grow enough wheat there to export the surplus to Scandinavia."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Climate change is real....always has been...always will be.
It's never really been stable (static). Visualize a pendulum and you'll get the idea.
It doesn't make any difference what we do. Global temps and weather will always be in flux. The earth has been both FAR hotter and colder in the past than it is now and will be again in the future.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
And anyone with a modicum of mathematical training will recognize that climate is nothing more or less than the integral of weather.

?????

So, no matter what, the earth is going to get hotter and hotter as time passes, what with that integral evaluating as a greater and greater number as time passes? I am assuming you're evaluating any one aspect of "weather" over time, right?

Otherwise, call 1/1/2020 year 0. Keep temperature (T) constant. The integral of T evaluated at time = x is going to be doubled at 2x. So, the climate integral for temperature for year 1/1/2022 is double that of 1/1/2021?

I'm kinda thinking that your integral needs to be divided by units of time. However my integral math is G-O-N-E gone, I'm not a climate scientist, and I don't have the foggiest when I last stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Exactly what the line I was going down... and it gets worse fast.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course it's all man made. The climate had been constant up until the last 40 years or so. (Never mind that changes in that short a time span are considered weather).

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Of course it's all man made. The climate had been constant up until the last 40 years or so. (Never mind that changes in that short a time span are considered weather).

???

Not sure what you have for references, but that is not even close to correct...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We really do need a sarcasm icon wink

They're still digging up dino fossils in the state but not around here, the glaciers pushed down too much overburden.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OoooPPPPssss

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Perhaps we could all avoid farting and the climate would, once again, become stable.🙄

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Perhaps we could all avoid farting and the climate would, once again, become stable.🙄

My grandmother from the old country would say if you hold it in it will build up and choke your heart.

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Great video, and great website. Glad he got some additional funding so he could keep up the good work.

Fascinating that in a 2013 poll of the American Meteorological Society, only 37% of professional forecasters agreed that global warning was both happening and "mostly human."

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Goosey
Stop with these false news conspiracies. Listen to scientists. It's 2020 now. Even Exxon-Mobil admits climate change is real and human-caused.

I bet you denier guys believe in little green men, the hollow earth theory and "chemtrails", too.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

What caused the last ice age to end? Certainly wasn't humans, and given the amount of glacial melting in a relatively short time, it was likely more severe than anything we are seeing now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The climate change group will never disappear because our young people are being indoctrinated in school. It's being pounded into their heads and becomes as permanent as a sex drive. When they can vote, we're in trouble.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The climate change group will never disappear because our young people are being indoctrinated in school. It's being pounded into their heads and becomes as permanent as a sex drive. When they can vote, we're in trouble.

This is the truth. All this climate change crap is just that, fueled by the elite power brokers pushing for a one world/equal wealth (or lack thereof) for all. Except for those in power, of course. Climate has been changing for 4.3 billion years. We aren't going to change it with our feeble efforts. As to rising sea levels, maybe we, or our great great great great great great grandchildren will see the inland sea cover the great plains again, as it did for many millions of years.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,461
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.