Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You can keep paying 20% - 25% more for your fill ups then, that’s cool with me. Tundra’s at 14 MPG, enjoy that buddy.
I get that when I am pulling a 5k trailer. Adds up.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Glad I don't get cabin fever in Georgia.

I really don't care if Toyota copied a rubber band engine from a toy car.

I'd drive a Tesla pickup if it wasn't so damned ugly and you could make it up the street without freezing up in the winter or need a charge to get back to the house after buying your bucket of chicken from Popeyes.

Personal preferences I guess. I'd take the Triton V8 and pass on the turbo crap. Obama was the number one choice for Americans for 8 years, I'll never vote for the [bleep].

This may come as a shock to you Walt! Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, etc. share a lot of parts from the same vendors. A good bit of it comes from China now. And in 2007, at least, my Tundra was made in Texas with almost all American parts. Which I really don't care about!

Enjoying those Portugese made Model 70's anybody?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cfran
You can keep paying 20% - 25% more for your fill ups then, that’s cool with me. Tundra’s at 14 MPG, enjoy that buddy.

Thanks, I got about the same MPG when I pulled my 5K trailer!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 4winds

And when you aren’t you still get 14.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Off the OP's focus a bit, but I moved my Trailblazer and got a 2019 4Runner. As several have stated, gas mileage isn't the greatest. But, it's no worse than my Trailblazer was. Got about 6500 miles on it now, as it sits. These things are built like a tank. Lovin' it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

i have an 02 xterra that we call the dog car, for transporting the goldens. I have taken it into areas i don't think nissan intended for them.
i think of replacing it, they don't make xterra's anymore, with either the 4runner, or replacing my dodge diesel with the tundra. the diesel is a 9 8 with only about 170k on it and i hate to do that. I like the tundra's but the gas milage kind of stops me.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll drive my Tundra for the next couple of years and see how it goes. If I decide I don't like it, I'll bet I can get every penny I paid back out of it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

So does replacing transmissions, engines, front ends, turbos in your trucks

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4winds

And when you aren’t you still get 14.

Nope.

If I drive like a boomer, 15 City and 18 Hwy.

When I drive like the Bandit, much much less.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I love the passion you idiots exhibit over Viking buying a truck.

TFF.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka

So does replacing transmissions, engines, front ends, turbos in your trucks

Thank You. You just took the words out of my mouth

No Dodge experience, but I've done that with both Chevys and Fords and have all the receipts to prove it..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My first Tundra was an ‘07 short bed regular cab 4x4 with the 4.7L V8. It was a good solid vehicle with one exception. The air injection pumps and valves failed after the 36,000 mile warranty was up. I was looking at a $3k repair bill but the problem was so widespread that Toyota extended the warranty to those parts to ten years or 150,000 miles. Once repaired I had no further major issues with that truck. It averaged about 15.5 mpg in my daily commute, which is 30 miles one way. About 25 of it is farm to market or US highway with 70 to 75mph speed limits. On long distance highway driving with the cruise set on 75, it got about 17.5 mpg.

When that truck had about 175,000 miles on it, I traded it in on a ‘10 model that was identical but had the 5.7L V8. That truck had about 90,000 miles on it when I traded for it. It has been a pretty good truck but only getting 14.5mpg on the same daily commute. On extended highway trips with cruise set at 75, it gets about 16.5mpg. A couple of days ago, it gave me a flashing traction control, a flashing 4 Lo and a steady check engine light and went into the limp mode. Took it to the local O’Reilly’s and had them read the codes for me. Same issue as the ‘07, air injection valve stuck open. Problem this time is the truck now has 172,000 miles on it so those parts are not covered by Toyota’s extended warranty. The O’Reilly guy cleared the code for me, and so far, it has not reoccurred. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Both trucks also had the electric window mechanism fail after water intrusion followed by the water freezing.

The air injection problems are pretty well known and widespread so I would caution prospective buyers to be aware of that.

My truck has to be my daily driver and I have a long commute So I really wish for better milage. I do some towing, maybe a load of cows/calves a few times a year and the Tundra does ok with the 16’ trailer full of cattle.

When I replace this Tundra I will likely try one of the Ford F150s with the 3.5L eco boost. I hope for better milage and to avoid any major repairs and I don’t tow enough to justify an F250. We’ll see...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well since some of you guys started the name calling, driving the Silverado 1500 felt like I was driving a big fat car and the rear headrest in the crew cab fell down whenever you lay your head back against them, letting your head bang off the rear window. Every one on the lot did the same thing. Test driving the F-150 felt cramped in the cab no room. Ford and Chevy had too many gizmos and gadgets. As far as Dodge goes they may be nice vehicles but I drove them at work for years and there were just too many issues with things there should not have been.

The base Tundra four-by-four Crewmax is a good 4 wheelDrive that right off the showroom floor can handle moderate four-wheeling, haul a decent load and pull a decent load.

Not fancy enough for you then buy a Silverado they were fancy. gas mileage not good enough for you again get a Silverado with the motor that halfway cuts off and on off and on off and on.

Gezzz

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Tundra and it is a struggle to get 14 MPG (more often 12) and also a Chevrolet 1500 Work Truck with a 4.3 that regularly gets 20MPG. I figure at $2.50 a gallon that amounts to well over $5000 in 100,00 miles. 5K is a significant sum to me. I am buying a new GMC. There isn't that much difference in quality and the GMC is more comfortable. Only thing I don't like is that GM is Obama's pet.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://thetoyotaway.org/

Some worthwhile reading. There is a reason the big three can’t hang with Toyota.

Sean
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

I love the passion you idiots exhibit over Viking buying a truck.

TFF.

Says the “addict” who has 900 posts in 48 hours.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dammit Walt, stop trolling the Tundra threads.

Sunuvabitch.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SeanD

Some worthwhile reading. There is a reason the big three can’t hang with Toyota.

Oh good grief. Read up on Edward Demming.

Click here

He taught the Japanese everything they knew about or will ever know about quality after WWII. An AMERICAN taught them, Asian brands have NOTHING to teach American manufacturers. Asia copies from the west, always has always will.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you want to contribute to the profits of a foreign company so the little weirdos can buy/build more sex robots knock yourself out. I'm sure the emperor appreciates the coin.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add
Dammit Walt, stop trolling the Tundra threads.

Sunuvabitch.

I'd be happy to. IF the Yoda bots would keep their ugly truck topics in the Truck and 4 Wheel drive section of the Fire.

I won't hold my breath.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by SeanD

Oh good grief. Read up on Edward Demming.

Click here

He taught the Japanese everything they knew about or will ever know about quality after WWII. An AMERICAN taught them, Asian brands have NOTHING to teach American manufacturers. Asia copies from the west, always has always will.

Uh huh.

He taught the Japanese. And the big three, still, are trying to catch up.

Sean
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,707
Posts18,513,889
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.