Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uh huh.

He taught the Japanese. And the big three, still, are trying to catch up.

Catch up to what? 2007, when the current Tundra came out?

Thankfully, American manufacturers have progress quite a bit, Which is why FORD has stayed on top of the truck market for the past 40 years and the ancient Tundra is an also ran in the truck market.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you want to contribute to the profits of a foreign company so the little weirdos can buy/build more sex robots knock yourself out. I'm sure the emperor appreciates the coin.

Gotta build the robots cause their boatload of beaver dicks got shanghaied......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you want to contribute to the profits of a foreign company so the little weirdos can buy/build more sex robots knock yourself out. I'm sure the emperor appreciates the coin.

You had me at "sex robot."

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dammit Walt, now just knock it off.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. (Toyota put down).

(Then)
Now with all that said each guy should buy whatever tickles their fancy and it’s awesome that we have as many choices as we do these days on a bunch of great trucks that are way more reliable than they used to be.

Oh and FWIW the whole resale perk was never something I benefited from having to fight tooth and nail to get them even paid off so I don’t know where that theory comes into play!

Laughing..

I remember when Roland bought his first Tundra brand new, he had a spankin' new long bed 2007, I was in awe of the damn thing.... He wanted to love it but it was kicking his ass with issues. How can the real -world experience of buying new Tundras not be credible?

Your "toyota put down" shtick is laughable. The dude spent major bones on what should have been trouble-free rides. I hope he's right about the '21's. Maybe I'll own one. Toyota/Lexus is still my fave manufacturer, but their trucks are due.

You two are cute together. Got a selfie? smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by cfran
RAM & F150 easily beat it in about every category, not even debatable.

Sure it's debatable, they're made by Ford and Dodge. I'll never own another Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep product and never have and never will own anything Ford. Have had great luck with Chevrolet, but the only truck they currently produce that interested me at all is their Colorado ZR2, which I'd take any day over a Tacoma.

Sir I have a news flash for you I would not own a GMC product if you give it to me. Remember when
GMC started doing Diesels back about 1978/79 I bought one of them, what a nightmare : 4 engines and only 60K I got rid of it; GMC gave me as a settlement $1800.00 and I had over 10K
expenses in repairs because of this. Swore off of GMC and still do today will not even rent one.That is my experience with GMC. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just went and gave my Toyota's a stern talking to.

Hopefully they turn into big pieces of schit by morning.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As I have said before---
The Tundra is the truck that Detriot wishes it could build!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A buddy went from Chevy to Tundra about nine or ten years ago. Had two Tundras, then showed up last spring in a new crew cab 4x4 RAM 1500. Asked him WTF was up, since he'd spent years extolling the supremacy of the Tundra.and mocking those of us with Chevy and RAM half tons.

Told me he couldn't make a deal on another new Tundra and they were giving RAMs away. Then someone else spoke up and noted that the real reason, was that after all that time he got tired of 16-17 MPG with a Tundra and the RAM was doing 22 highway.

I don't mention it to him anymore, because it seems to really upset him? Toyota trucks do seem to hold their value very well, as I've never seen a used one that wasn't priced well above the same year Ford, Chevy or RAM? And Toyota's idea of a "big deal" on anything new, seems to peak at about $1K below sticker?

One BIL used to be a big Toyota slut, had a couple Tacomas. Until his wife's new Camry ate a transmission or two. She got a new one under our Lemon Law. He traded his last Taco on a new Chevy Colorado Z71. Drive what ya like, I'll do the same.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TBREW401
As I have said before---
The Tundra is the truck that Detriot wishes it could build!!

They can.

They choose not to.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dubePA
A buddy went from Chevy to Tundra about nine or ten years ago. Had two Tundras, then showed up last spring in a new crew cab 4x4 RAM 1500. Asked him WTF was up, since he'd spent years extolling the supremacy of the Tundra.and mocking those of us with Chevy and RAM half tons.

Told me he couldn't make a deal on another new Tundra and they were giving RAMs away. Then someone else spoke up and noted that the real reason, was that after all that time he got tired of 16-17 MPG with a Tundra and the RAM was doing 22 highway.

I don't mention it to him anymore, because it seems to really upset him? Toyota trucks do seem to hold their value very well, as I've never seen a used one that wasn't priced well above the same year Ford, Chevy or RAM? And Toyota's idea of a "big deal" on anything new, seems to peak at about $1K below sticker?

One BIL used to be a big Toyota slut, had a couple Tacomas. Until his wife's new Camry ate a transmission or two. She got a new one under our Lemon Law. He traded his last Taco on a new Chevy Colorado Z71. Drive what ya like, I'll do the same.

Yeah those Camry's are a real POS.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Poor ride, sit on the floor, guzzle gas??

Yeah...they built them 30 years ago. Have since moved on.

Surprised that Toyota uses solid state ignition.

I am MAGA.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Reversed engineered Japanese POS.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Walt!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Tomorrow we'll learn that Honda's small engines suck.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My best bud had a 2014 Tundra; nice truck, but he said it freaking drank the gas. He started having transmission problems at 60k and quickly got rid of it.

I have 192,000 trouble free miles on my 2011 F150 with the Ecoboost. It gets 20mpg on the highway all day long. Tremendous pulling power. Put it into 4x4 and turn on the locking differential and it turns into a freaking tank. My brother's 2018 4x4 F150 with the Ecoboost is getting a smooth 22.5 miles per gallon on the highway (hand calculated). Several friends with the same truck with no major problems. I will be ready for a new truck in 2-3 years and will certainly check out Toyota, but it will be a deal breaker if I have to spend an extra 1-2 grand each year to feed it versus the F150.

The Tundra also has the worst crash rating of any full size truck on the highway which indicates that their safety technology, in addition to the rest of their technology, is way behind the major automakers. You can google/youtube it for yourself if you don't believe it. Ford has the best crash rating.

No flies on the Tundra, but my last three trucks have been Fords and all of them have served me exceedingly well with each reaching over 200k miles before I purchased another.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Tomorrow we'll learn that Honda's small engines suck.

Well, that is true.

I fired up my 13 horse Predator this morning at 10 below.

For the money......................Haha!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Toyota makes wonderful pickups.......you just cant buy them here.

Diesel Hilux is the only good thing that Toyota makes. And they are great.

Hopefully they come out with a King Ranch Toyota some day.......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never fails...the "conservative Democrats" are gonna show up every time and try to bully.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Toyota makes wonderful pickups.......you just cant buy them here.

Diesel Hilux is the only good thing that Toyota makes. And they are great.

Hopefully they come out with a King Ranch Toyota some day.......

When in the fugk did you drive a Diesel Hilux?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.