Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by memtb

Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by memtb
It looks like LSU has gone into their “prevent offense”! When you have a good rhythm, you don’t change what you are doing! memtb

When LSU started its "prevent offense" they were up by three scores and there was just over 10 minutes to play. The one thing you don't want to allow is a chance for your opponent to get a quick score via a pick six or similar. So LSU went into clock eating mode. They only made 28 yards in 8 plays, but it ate a whopping 5:24 off the clock and required Clemson to score three times in less than 5 minutes. The game was over at that point. It was exactly what was called for in that situation.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, it was “very” unlikely, but when you are playing a very good team.....they can score lots of points in a short period of time.

Not when they don't have the ball, which is the entire point of clock eating mode. And when they do finally get the ball back there's not enough time on the clock to make the required points.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Now for the sad part - Burrows will be the #1 pick and get drafted by the worst team in football.

Yes sir. And it'll be the same for Trevor Lawrence after next year.
Poor bastids. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by natman
[quote=Oldman3]LSU NATIONAL CHAMPS 15-0 SEASON

Quite an accomplishment. Any time you go undefeated while playing and beating Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson, you've earned a championship.

grin grin grin[/quote

True dat!

UT came closer to beating LSU than Clemson did, but they did it without getting screwed out of a TD by a false OPI call. That play had a huge impact against Clemson, and I was pulling strongly for LSU. Disgusting to see that crap. Shades of NFL BS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
At 80 years....I've lived to see LSU win this one and another in 1958!

CONGRATS TO Coach O....all the assistant coaches...and for certain....all the players!

WELL DONE!

Did you miss the other 2 (under Saban and Miles) ?

Yeah....saw them! Just didn't think to add those!

BURROW....can write his own pay check I'm thinking heading into the NFL!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Final score 42-25. LSU by 17 points.

"LSU starts fast. Clemson scratches back. LSU's depth takes over middle of the 3rd quarter. LSU takes a 20 point lead through the 4th quarter. It ends LSU 48-28.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a closer game all the way to the gun."

Looks like I need to recalibrate my crystal ball just a little. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Once the playoffs started, and LSU got all of their regular defensive guys healthy, we all saw how perennially nasty they are....what a bunch of athletes they have all over the field on both sides of the ball. Looking back at the last two Clemson games, once they actually played someone with equal talent, they allowed a crapload of yards and points. I think OSU had over 500 yds on them a couple of weeks ago, LSU hung over 600 on them. Both a far cry from the terrible teams Clemson played in the ACC. Not Clemson's fault, but it is pretty obvious. I thought this game would be closer than it was, but once LSU got warmed up it was pretty much a mismatch. LSU only gave up like 120 yds in the 2nd half. Congrats to LSU, and I LOVE Coach O, and Dabo too for that matter.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Clemson had a cupcake schedule in 2019, LSU had a hell of a season and they controlled the tempo of that game last night.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Now for the sad part - Burrows will be the #1 pick and get drafted by the worst team in football.

Look at the bright side. Given Burrow's experience with Joe Brady's offensive scheme, maybe he'll be able to convince the Bengals to run an NFL style offense.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Joe Brady gone to Panthers for big $$ , can the Tigahs maintain without him and Burrow????

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Joe Brady gone to Panthers for big $$ , can the Tigahs maintain without him and Burrow????

If the Patriot's are going to build for another Super Bowl then not a chance of him landing there. However if the Patriot's are looking long term I would not be surprised of a mega trade for him. I think more than likely they make adjustments for a run at another Super Bowl, if that attempt fails I see them figuring out how to get Trevor Lawrence.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

If the Patriot's are going to build for another Super Bowl then not a chance of him landing there. However if the Patriot's are looking long term I would not be surprised of a mega trade for him. I think more than likely they make adjustments for a run at another Super Bowl, if that attempt fails I see them figuring out how to get Trevor Lawrence.

Joe Brady was the passing game coach for LSU. He's the one going to the Panthers to be their offensive coordinator.

Joe Burrow was LSU's quarterback. Where he goes will be determined in the draft.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

What?

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

I'm pretty sure the guy that brought both of them in is still there, hint.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nick Saban won’t be sleeping late. He’ll regroup and double down.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Nick's team was pretty surprising to me last season. Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen under Saban. So many penalties.

I'm not sure what to make of that, but will be curious to see how they do this coming year. Something tells me Nick will be leaving Alabama soon.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ScottBrad

Nick's team was pretty surprising to me last season. Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen under Saban. So many penalties.

I'm not sure what to make of that, but will be curious to see how they do this coming year. Something tells me Nick will be leaving Alabama soon.

Cowboys, maybe? Would be a nice fit and thinking Jerry Jones is now a little more amenable to “listening “ instead of him “governing “ as it applies to sideline coaching from his private box.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm not so sure Saban's personality and style are suited to dealing with egocentric millionaires.***

***I meant the players, never mind Jerry Jones.

Last edited by mathman; 01/15/20. Reason: clarification
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Saban might have got his belly full of NFL coaching, when he was at Miami. But he might give it a try, again.

Added: Saban did better in the pros than Spurrier, but not by much. Neither had winning records.

Last edited by Oldman3; 01/15/20.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Saban’s operational policy is “it’s all gonna be my way or no way”. Some ranking LSU Alumni tried to subtly pressure him into playing nephews, type crap and he threw his keys on the conference table. Alumni backed off and Saban went on to a BCS NC. He installs good guard rails around his contract.

But it will be interesting to see if he stays with Bama. I think that he will.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.