Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I learned a long time ago, caution tape signs and barricades dont mean [bleep] to adults. Kids on the other hand will stop look at wet glue, patch or tile and reason out where to go. I had one chick walk in glue twice (groid) called her boss and asked him to talk to her cause I was getting to pissed to deal with it , next time I found wheel tracks across the new carpet into the glue and back across. Dumb bitch rolled across on a office chair. She got fired . This was at the rockford diocese of all places.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Schmidtx2
I learned a long time ago, caution tape signs and barricades dont mean [bleep] to adults. Kids on the other hand will stop look at wet glue, patch or tile and reason out where to go. I had one chick walk in glue twice (groid) called her boss and asked him to talk to her cause I was getting to pissed to deal with it , next time I found wheel tracks across the new carpet into the glue and back across. Dumb bitch rolled across on a office chair. She got fired . This was at the rockford diocese of all places.

flooring contractor?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter

flooring contractor?

he has got to be . I know cause I can tell the same story and thats what I do !!!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Witnessed a similar situation years ago. Middle aged woman took her Honda through the cones and drove into 6" of fresh concrete in the left turn lane of a divided highway. She was sitting in her car excitedly talking on cellphone. I was running late, so I couldn't see how things ended. Wonder how it turned out?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bounced the metal stop sign off of a couple of vehicles that wouldn’t stop while I was flagging traffic on the fire department. Our local police and state troopers had zero tolerance for the dumb bastards and bitches.

CK
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Remember these are people that will drive around a type III barricade with flashing lights attached stating road close right into surging rain swollen creek.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Must have been the same stupid woman I saw get sideways in an automatic carwash one day.

Tore the hell out of both the carwash and her pickup.

I could see her mouth moving as she was screaming... eek

She drove off and never looked back. I called the carwash owner with her license plate number. wink

I was in line at a car wash in Pocatello one night when a lady did that. It went on and on until she was sideways. She got out of the car, looked at it and after about 10 more minutes I backed up and left. I was laughing way to hard to be helpful.

Bb

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Remember these are people that will drive around a type III barricade with flashing lights attached stating road close right into surging rain swollen creek.

Or around a barricade to "go around" a closed highway - from a highway at 6400 feet altitude, over the mountain where our corrals sit at 8100 feet - DUH !!!
Southeast of, and higher than Raton Pass !!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Also - the bigger, and heavier the truck and load - the more stupid folks get ! When overloaded, grossing ~ 100K, I had a guy try to run me off the road - in a Volkswagon !!!
Damn lucky he lived through that act of stupidity !

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple of months ago, about 5 am, there was a wreck about 150 yds from my driveway. I was the first at the scene and helped all I could, but that's not what this is about. The fire dept had a firetruck with light flashing up the road about 1/4 mile away. They were redirecting traffic around the wreck. The only vehicle that didn't detour was a school bus. They had to turn around in my driveway. I got the bus number and called it in. Never did find out what happened to the driver. Probably nothing.

Last edited by Oldman3; 01/17/20.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman3
A couple of months ago, about 5 am, there was a wreck about 150 yds from my driveway. I was the first at the scene and helped all I could, but that's not what this is about. The fire dept had a firetruck with light flashing up the road about 1/4 mile away. They were redirecting traffic around the wreck. The only vehicle that didn't detour was a school bus. They had to turn around in my driveway. I got the bus number and called it in. Never did find out what happened to the driver. Probably nothing.

The last few years that I worked at USPS, they transferred me to another office, and on my way into work, I'd see the same school bus about 2-3 times a week. The woman driver always ran this one stop sign trying to beat the traffic. After pulling right out in front of me one morning, I got the bus number and called the school system and complained.

Must have worked, because I never saw her driving like that again.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I used to travel 10 states in the Midwest and drove about a 100k miles a year and saw some really stupid drivers. But I also saw some flaggers do some incredibly dumb things. The thing that made me the angriest was a local utility company that was working setting some poles on a rural road which ran thru a swamp -very narrow road - the flagger at one end was yelling at traffic to hurry up and get thru and the flagger at the other end was yelling at drivers to slow down, they might kill someone. Their company building was on the edge of town so I drove over and had a really pointed discussion with the company manager about their personnel’s safety training.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

flooring contractor?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

flooring contractor?

Yup.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Several years ago my route to work took me through the downtown area. At one intersection I had to turn right. Of course, if the light was red I would come to a full stop and look left to see if anything was coming before I made my "right on red" turn.

There was a woman who apparently had the same schedule as mine. For a while there, I would find her behind me at the same time, making the same right turn.

I would start slowing down to stop at the red light, and she would lay on the horn before I even came to a full stop. The second time she did it, I turned around, looked her in the eye and gave her the finger as she sat in her car and ranted.

The third time she did it, I shut my Toyota pick up down,....got out and raised the hood,...then walked over on the sidewalk, raised my arms and shook my head in a manner to express,..."What can I do?"

She got so pissed that she whipped around me then turned right on the red light without even looking,...caused 2 cars to have to lock up their brakes to keep from slamming into her.

That was a seriously dumb bitch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The third time she did it, I shut my Toyota pick up down,....got out and raised the hood,...then walked over on the sidewalk, raised my arms and shook my head in a manner to express,..."What can I do?"

Hahaha

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Our daughter was driving one of our cars. She was in a long line of left turning cars. The front car was too timid to turn.

So our daughter got out in the oncoming lane to pass the whole mess.
Another driver in the long line decided to make a U turn in the coming line to avoid the mess.
Our daughter plowed into him.

The insurance agent called me up and said the other driver is insured with the same company.
The agent said that the other driver is represented by another agent.
He said I should call up the other agent an argue with him.
I was reluctant, but our agent said, "He is in the cubicle right next to me. I can hear that he is there. Call him right now."

So I called up the other agent and said, "Our daughter only did one thing wrong, passing in the oncoming lane. But your driver did two things wrong; U turning in the oncoming lane AND not looking the mirror before turning"
The other agent agreed. We accepted 1/3 the blame and the other driver got 2/3 the blame. The result was our rates were raised less.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Years ago I was helping a friend of mine that owned a small construction company. He needed a dozer operator. I was running a D9 cutting a bank and raising the elevation on a section of road. I had raised the road bed a couple feet with loose dirt and had just made another cut and was backing up to start another cut. Now when you are by yourself you don't really pay attention to whats behind you, but for some reason this time I did and low and behold here is a compact car stuck in the middle of this cut. I stopped and this gal gets out and starts reading me the riot act for screwing up the road. The water truck guy was filling the truck when he saw her drive by. She had moved the barricade and drove around it into the construction site. She demanded I pull her out and I told her to call a tow truck.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I love those charming folks who give a left turn signal, apply the brakes, then ease into the wide freaking open left turn lane after forcing those behind them in the thru lane to come to a near-complete stop. There's a left turn lane, it's open, for gosh sakes use it!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

flooring contractor?

Yup.

been doing it for 43yrs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (66Block, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 19 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.