Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Low left, yep, me too, read right here from Bluedreaux, increase support hand grip to match strong hand, take to tremor, then back off to steady, hold and fire, I grabbed my Glock, some mags, ear plugs, and a cardboard box, ran out back, and by god, it works!

Good to hear!

It’s “trigger control” only in the sense that your grip fails you as you manipulate the trigger.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
As others have recommended, all I do to my Glocks is add a set of tritium night sights, rest stays stock. Have many but my favorite is my G30S.

Last edited by marktheshark; 01/15/20.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Low left, yep, me too, read right here from Bluedreaux, increase support hand grip to match strong hand, take to tremor, then back off to steady, hold and fire, I grabbed my Glock, some mags, ear plugs, and a cardboard box, ran out back, and by god, it works!

Good to hear!

It’s “trigger control” only in the sense that your grip fails you as you manipulate the trigger.

Exactly right B, I grabbed more pistols and tested them that day too, a couple that I had drifted the rear sight right had to be drifted back center. crazy, all in the grip, I have now stippled all mags on the lower left portion that hang out of the grips, just little scrub pads for the left hand to grip firmer on, and have stippled the whole grip frame for my Glock 21, it makes all the difference, sent a pic to CHLI I shot at 50 yards braced the other day, two rounds about 2 inches apart, just kind of a quick homemade church drill, i'll take that any day from any handgun.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Good to hear!

Same is true with revolvers too, at least in my experience.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am happy with 2 124 Federal HST’s into 2-3 inches at 15 yards in 5-6 seconds using a P365

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am happy with 2 124 Federal HST’s into 2-3 inches at 15 yards in 5-6 seconds using a P365

That'll work too jimmyp, I had the 200gr Lehigh penetrators at 1055 in the Glock, was mainly seeing if they'd print close to the 230gr Gold Dots at 966, they did, with bluedreaux's info, I'm hitting a hell of a lot more center.

My experience too lastround, the old fixed sight Colt SAA does indeed shoot center, there was a time I talked to my 'Smith about rotating the barrel. shocked, it wasn't the revolver, it was me!

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Night sights are WAY overrated, but it's only money.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't know. In my experiences, the tritium sight are very much worth having.

I've used the tritium sights in low light/no light training. (USMC High Risk Personnel course). Jarheads to my left and right had M9s with standard sights, and we all had flashlights.

The advantage I had with tritium was enormous. I didn't really need the flashlight at all.

Without them, the flashlight can be used to get a silhouette of your sights, but it is a disadvantage. Of course nowadays with weapon mounted lights, that does change the game somewhat.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by ScottBrad

I certainly don't agree with that. There are good arguments for not using really bright tritium sights (mainly giving away your position), but night sights definitely have value.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
“ give your position away”. LOL.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I've used the tritium sights in low light/no light training. (USMC High Risk Personnel course). .

That course was the most fun I've had with my clothes on!!!
Great memories.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Yondering

I certainly don't agree with that. There are good arguments for not using really bright tritium sights (mainly giving away your position), but night sights definitely have value.

Oh my God.

Hadn't hurt that one in a while.

Ranks right up there with the "tumbling bullet" design of the M16.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If a Good Guy were standing in total darkness aiming at an armed thug with their Nite Sight handgun and thug number two was sneeking up behind the Good Guy would it be impossible for thug number two to see those little dots on the sight and then determine where the Good Guys head is and thug number two shoot the Good Guy in the foot with his 9MM Miracle Evaporator and totally evaporate the Good Guy with a shot in his foot or anywhere from the foot to the top of his head?
Remember the 9MM Mystical Miraculous Evaporator only needs to just graze someone and they will be evaporated. Evaporation is quick.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm holding out for a CZ75....maybe with one a them lazer sights

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by viking

grin, I sure no nothing about all the combat speak, but do enjoy the hell out of sleeping in the dark with the rest of the house dimly lit.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Savuti

I've used the tritium sights in low light/no light training. (USMC High Risk Personnel course). .

That course was the most fun I've had with my clothes on!!!
Great memories.

It was a good one. We burned a LOT of ammo.....grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yondering

I love it when you post.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

grin, I sure no nothing about all the combat speak, but do enjoy the hell out of sleeping in the dark with the rest of the house dimly lit.

That's how we roll too.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

That's how we roll too.

Yessir!

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don't know if anyone has thrown this drill out or not. The penny drill. UNLOAD YOUR GLOCK AND TAKE OUT MAG............PRESS CHECK TO MAKE SURE UNLOADED!!!.

Put a penny on the front sight. extend and press the trigger. Penny stays on you should be good to go. Great drill for anyone.

RH

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.