Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
As a recovering NY Jets fan, I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I like the Chiefs for all the reasons above - Mahomes is fun to watch, and it would be nice if Andy Reid gets a Superbowl ring. That said, I think the 49ers are a tough team to beat, all around. Jimmy G may only be a "game manager" quarterback, but he learned game management from the best.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs, who are favored by 1-1/2 points this morning.

It's probably going to be closer than I predicted above. I just did that to jab KC fans a little.

If KC were playing a team other than the Packers or '9ers I would want to see them win. But...BUT...hell, it's only a game. The earth won't spiral out of orbit, and the sun will rise again no matter who wins. I just hope it's a clean, close, well officiated game.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have no interest in football, but there are two things at play here. First, even though I was born and raised in SF, I lived in NYC for between 1993-2002 and turned into a Mets fan. Pat Mahomes Sr. was a dang good relief pitcher for the Mets in what I think was one of the best MLB seasons ever (1999) and out of respect for him, I'll root for his son. Second, I hate everything about SF and anything that will piss off the leftists in SF is something I support.

Thus, GO CHIEFS.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Obviously the Chiefs. Dunno how anybody could not be a fan. Mahomes is a good kid and about as anti-thuglike as anybody in the NFL.

Chiefs defense is vastly improved but still not near the top of the heap. The Chiefs have no running game. They've got good kickers and good special teams and the best passing game in the league. I think the Chiefs will win, but it will be close.

The Chiefs shut down the Titans' vaunted Derrick Henry allowing him only 3.6 yds per carry which in the old days, would've possibly been enough, but not today. Can they do it to Mostert, who ran wild on the Pack? I hope so.

^^^This^^^

Mahomes is a good kid. And since the Cowboys were terrible I’ll have to pull for the kid from TX. If he stays healthy, he’ll break all of Brady’s records & set several rushing records for a QB. Chiefs win by 7.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I enjoy watching Mahomes play. His enthusiasm for the game is refreshing - the guy just has fun out there! And his skillset is phenomenal ... probably the best of anyone currently in the league IMO.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Chiefs

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have nothing against the Niners players personally, BUT I can find little , if anything, anymore to support or cheer for associated with San Francisco, the Bay area, or California for that matter. I lived in Cali as a young kid, a couple of my Grandparents are buried there, and I have 2 sisters and a child that currently live there. It used to be a decent place, but except for a few isolated areas, no more!!!

Go Chiefs!!! Lived in KC and central Kansas. Great place, great food, and good people for the most part. Chiefs fans are almost more like a rabid college football fanbase than typical NFL fans.

Midwest is about as classic, good old USA as it gets anymore... hope it stays that way for awhile yet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I enjoy watching Mahomes play. His enthusiasm for the game is refreshing - the guy just has fun out there! And his skillset is phenomenal ... probably the best of anyone currently in the league IMO.

Yep.

I've met him a couple of times around Tech athletic events. Nice guy, and humble. Hope he stays that way.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep.

I've met him a couple of times around Tech athletic events. Nice guy, and humble. Hope he stays that way.

Did you tell him his mother is a "mudshark?"

Or is that level of expression reserved for select members of Texas?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Yep.

Troll much ???

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sportshooter: WGAF?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yep.

Troll much ???

Do we only use the term on the internet?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I'm a Chiefs fan. I'm a Royals fan. Through good times and bad times.

I've been a Chiefs fan so long first game I went to it was Lennie Dawson, Mike Garrett, Ed Podolak, E.J. Holub, Ed Budde, Jim Tyrer, Fred Arbanas Otis Taylor on Offense; Buck Buchanan, Curly Culp, Bobby Bell, Willie Lanier, Jim Lynch, Emmitt Thomas on Defense. Jan Stenerud was the kicker

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yep.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sportshooter: WGAF?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thank goodness you chimed in. Gosh, we were on the edges of our seats hoping you'd weigh in.
You've certainly gone dark since the "Legion of Boom" is no longer relevant. smirk

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yep.

Told him I enjoy watching him play, and listened mostly. Good guy. I don't know what a mudshark is.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like anyone who isn't from CA will be pulling for the SF team. smile

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Yep.

Told him I enjoy watching him play, and listened mostly. Good guy. I don't know what a mudshark is.

Travis does. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/20/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The Chiefs for the win.

They have both a running game as well as a passing game.

The 49's have a running game but they don't pass that much.

If KC can slow/stop the run it could make for a fun game.

They stopped Derrick Henry............Chiefs for the Win!!

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It doesnt matter whose side you are on. What matters is how does the NFL and Roger Goodsell make the most money out of the Sports Entertainment Business. B U S I N E S S.

I know who's going to win. The Blacks, NFL, Refs, Concessions, Advertisers, Ford, Lowyers, Chevy, Gillette, Apple....

I know who's going to pay for it and lose, too, when they go to buy those products. Give you 3 guesses, but hey, it's going to be a really big show and it's put on by the pros.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw them win 50 years ago & its been a LONG drought!
So, go CHIEFS!!!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,955
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.