Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

If any of you enjoy hunting the big northern woods, I think you will enjoy this two part video series about a determined hunter. About 40 mins total between the two videos. I don’t live far from this area.

I think this type of deer hunting and the hunters who pursue it, are exceptional because of the amount of physical effort and determination it takes.

Hope you enjoy.

Part 1

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Part Two

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good stuff....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
An enjoyable watch, both vids. I've hunted similar areas in the Catskills of NY, Mombaccus Mountain, Slide Mountain and Peekamoose. Lots of woods, mostly mature hardwoods and wolf oaks, and very few deer, tough hunting indeed.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wink_man
An enjoyable watch, both vids. I've hunted similar areas in the Catskills of NY, Mombaccus Mountain, Slide Mountain and Peekamoose. Lots of woods, mostly mature hardwoods and wolf oaks, and very few deer, tough hunting indeed.

I hunted in the Minnewaska Mountains in Ulster County NY. That area is the closet to the UP that I have seen outside of Michigan.

I killed a 154 inch, 220 pound 11 point up there in 2004. It was one of those mountain monsters. Love that area.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's pretty cool - well earned buck for sure.
Looks like he's had numerous bouts with that scope ocular. laugh

Thanks for sharing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RAS

I hunted in the Minnewaska Mountains in Ulster County NY. That area is the closet to the UP that I have seen outside of Michigan.

I killed a 154 inch, 220 pound 11 point up there in 2004. It was one of those mountain monsters. Love that area.

I agree with you there RAS, first thing that came to mind when I saw the panoramic views of the country out there on the video was that it looked identical to Ulster county.

Great deer you got there, congrats !!! That's the way it seems to happen there, you generally see nothing at all, and a great one every now and them, real tough hunting. Without knowing you and just knowing that country easy to see that you definitely earned that buck !!!!!!

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Really enjoyed that

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great story! Enjoyed his tale and enthusiasm and success.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I really enjoyed it as well. There are a few good lessons in this video for young hunters.

I respect hunters who show great enthusiasm in low success, difficult environments, and succeed.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great story RAS. You Yoopers really have a state treasure in that Discovering show. I watch it every chance I get. I love to hear stories like this. Even if he wasn't hunting with a 99!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great videos. I've hunted a few places that - Adirondacks, east Tennessee.

I killed a beautiful mountain 8 pt 5-6 years ago in east Tennessee. I found one side of his shed the spring before and ran into him running a doe on opening day of gun season the following year. I dragged that deer 1.5 miles off that mountain, down 1000 vertical feet to my truck. Shot him at 8, pulled into my driveway at 2:00. Never again will I bring a deer out whole like that.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Arcus Venator
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Great story!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cool deer, love how he lays out flat! Grats

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 59 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.