Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, damn Beav and AS, about the only thing I straighten out and hit these days is a pork chop bone and gravy bucket! wink

Trump Won!
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If someone could "scientifically" prove creation or the existence of God, then believing in them would no longer require faith.

How would that be a problem?

Church would get real crowded.

Hillary would go to Heaven.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, if I believe the Good News and in Jesus Christ, and die and there is no heaven, then I'm dead and gone like everyone and have lost nothing.

If I die this earthly death and go to heaven, I wont spend eternity with Hillary and Zero and Piglosi.

So, I prayed for CHRIST to come into my heart and give me belief and a hope and faith and HE did, else, I would not have it. I would not be able to believe.

Believe it or not, it's made me a better person than what I was in high school and college. I couldnt believe in the Good News without HIM.

HE is real to me.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
But that whole hate the sin, love the sinner deal Jag, I cant get there Friend. smile

Trump Won!
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Oldman3
For the life of me, I cant understand how anyone can look at all the wonders of nature and not believe in God. To believe that all of nature is nothing more than an accident is beyond my comprehension. As for the bad things in life, I believe man, as a whole, has brought that on himself. As man continues to turn away from God, things will continue to get worse, and it effects all of mankind, not just who we think should be punished or effected.

The Bible says my job is to witness and bear fruit, not to judge. So, I'm not judging those that don't believe, the Bible says that's God's job. I have a hard enough time, just doing what I'm suppose to do.

Looking at nature and reading a Bible are not the same thing.

Depends on which scriptures you read: “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge” (Psalm 19:1–2)

Scripture also tells us that God actively creates evil.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll just keep thinking about the cross in the center.[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, if I believe the Good News and in Jesus Christ, and die and there is no heaven, then I'm dead and gone like everyone and have lost nothing.

If I die this earthly death and go to heaven, I wont spend eternity with Hillary and Zero and Piglosi.

So, I prayed for CHRIST to come into my heart and give me belief and a hope and faith and HE did, else, I would not have it. I would not be able to believe.

Believe it or not, it's made me a better person than what I was in high school and college. I couldnt believe in the Good News without HIM.

HE is real to me.

You need a lot more than God. I guess your god says its ok to be a racist bigot!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by gunner500
I've read some, and have been taught a lot of that in Church as a kid Jag, I'm looking for some stone hard fact, I cant get there without hearing Mom say, just have faith son. crazy

God could prove to everyone, His power.

But that would be too easy.

It's easy to be shown, without question, the proper way.

But giving heaven to people that want the "easy" way, won't work.

Life isn't "easy". Resisting evil isn't "easy".

And people that have been given the "easy" lesson, won't be able to follow it.

Educating yourself on the proper way, isn't "easy".

Conditioning yourself to resist the wrong way, believing in God and consistently and without fail proceeding in the right way, isn't "easy", it's damn hard.

And, it should be. Ain't no pussies in heaven. They been weeded out, lookin for the "easy" way.

Your people that showed you the right way, by example and not by lecture, took the hard way. Not only in their own lives, but in their training of *you*.

Woulda been "easy" for em ta just tell ya the way, and do as I say, not as I do.

They was smarter, and tougher, than you give em credit for.

They could only *do* what was right, and hope you learned.

And it's hard to take that path, and not take the shortcut, but they knew that it's a thousand times more effective for someone to see a sermon, than to hear a sermon.

So they STFU, and trusted that you would learn from what you observed, rather than having it force-fed to you, which would be the "easy" way.

"Just have faith, son." Crazy?

What's crazy, is that you haven't yet understood what she was trying to communicate, to try and save you.

It's not too late.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fubarski
I've read some, and have been taught a lot of that in Church as a kid Jag, I'm looking for some stone hard fact, I cant get there without hearing Mom say, just have faith son. crazy

It's easy t

What's crazy, is that you haven't yet understood what she was trying to communicate, to try and save you.

It's not too late.

Conditioning yourself to resist the wrong way, believing in God and consistently and without fail proceeding in the right way, isn't "easy", it's damn hard.

And, it should be. Ain't no pussies in heaven. They been weeded out, lookin for the "easy" way.

Your people that showed you the right way, by example and not by lecture, took the hard way. Not only in their own lives, but in their training of *you*.

Woulda been "easy" for em ta just tell ya the way, and do as I say, not as I do.

And it's hard to take that path, and not take the shortcut, but they knew that it's a thousand times more effective for someone to see a sermon, than to hear a sermon.

So they STFU, and trusted that you would learn from what you observed, rather than having it force-fed to you, which would be the "easy" way.

It's not too late.

Well said and true.

A many, many, many year process for me to believe, though I knew some how HE and the Good News were true, I didnt know how. Still dont. But now I have faith, most the time, and believe all the time.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Bingo.

Gunner, if some god took care of us and answered prayers, we wouldn't need rough me like you to straighten things out.

HE does take care of us believers, just maybe not the way we want. If I die tonight, HE has me taken care of. In Heaven. HE or HIS angels have interveined to save my life on earth many times.

Rattle snakes miles from help, drunk drivers, stop sign or red light runners, driving mistakes, safety on a buds gun failing, young horse going crazy on a narrow trail at the top of a cliff on Co elk hunt, bear coming for me when all I had was a bow, lung tumor, spinal canal tumor, childhood asthma Scott and White drs said I'd never survive (year after year), being in the bed of a pickup that buried into the bank of an outside curve at 50mph, pseudomonas and aspergillus Niger lung infections after surgery, severe asthma attacks as a kid where I came to days later in a hospital (several times)...and that's just a few incidents.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
Yeah, if He would just come here as a person and perform incredible miracles, everyone could believe.

‘That’ just got said...!

Things get repeated, but thanks for helping out. You must have been a gold star hall monitor. Not surprised.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If someone could "scientifically" prove creation or the existence of God, then believing in them would no longer require faith.

How would that be a problem?

Church would get real crowded.

Which church? Simply proving a God or even creation doesn't change too much, many people already beleive in at least some sort of higher power. People tend to assume that proving a God means proving their particular version of God, which it doesn't do. So, I see no good reason why God would try to hide evidence of his existence, as it really wouldn't change anything. Atheism and agnosticism are simply 2 more beliefs in a field of thousands, so even proving a God exists only improves your chances of figuring out the right religion by a very small margin, assuming one of the religions out there actually has it right.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The religion that says we can see one of the heavens most every day.

The one that says we can look around us and see the wonders of HIS creation.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Suckers here in the US nowadays have been given lives better than the kings.

They could have been born as slaves in Egypt ages ago or crocodile feeders on the Congo.

They have been blessed as less than one in a hundred thousand have been blessed before, with guns, hunting, fishing, central H/A, the best medical care, ice cream in summer and soda pop and chili and mayo in winter, but that's just not enough of a blessing.

All over the world people have been offered everlasting life for their misery.

But here, where they are most blessed, they deserve more from God. They deserve proof. Like HE owes them.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

All over the world people have been offered everlasting life for their misery.

And just think... most people all over the world didnt even recognize the christian “god” until you donk’s went on a “mission”.... and brought disease and all those other fun things with you to spread the “gospel”.

Sorry I didnt randomly capitalize words so you could better understand.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

It's easy t

It's not too late.

It's not too late.

Well said and true.

A many, many, many year process for me to believe, though I knew some how HE and the Good News were true, I didnt know how. Still dont. But now I have faith, most the time, and believe all the time.

Thanks for the votes of confidence Men, however, my biggest hurtle is worthiness, I frankly don't think a rotten pos like myself needs to be hanging around truly good church folk, I may get hit by lightning just walking up the church sidewalk, get thee away from my house demon!!!!! smile

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
There are no truly good church folks.

Only GOD is truly good.

HE thought you were good enough for Jesus to die for and HE is a dayom sight smarter than you.

wink

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
People tend to blame God for bad things. The Bible says Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. God removed his "hedge of protection" from Job to show Satan Job wouldn't curse God and die. Satan brought disease, killed his kids, and he lost his wealth. Job never turned from God, and then God told Satan to leave and God blessed Job with more than he originally had and gave him more children.

That is just one example. People who don't know God, God cannot or will not help them, only Born Again Christians does He help, but they too can be tried and tested.

Statistics show Christians (those who attend church more than once a week) live around 5-7 years longer than the general population. They have less sickness and lower divorce rates, fewer accidents, etc. This study was done by the Billy Graham Association a few years ago.

God created man but didn't create robots. He gave man free will. One sin, even a little one, and God turns his back on man. Only through accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior will God hear your prayers.

People start reading the Bible from Genesis, but they should start with the New Testament, then go to the Old. The New Testament is for today, and teaches you how to be born again, how a Christian is supposed to live, treat each other etc. The Old Testament shows Gods holiness and his wrath against sin, and how no one can keep the law. The New Testament shows Gods love and mercy and how one can be forgiven of their sins. Just start by reading the New Testament and see for yourselves. It is simple. New and Old are two sides of the same coin, showing Gods holiness and wrath, and His mercy and Grace.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's easy t

It's not too late.

It's not too late.

Well said and true.

Thanks for the votes of confidence Men, however, my biggest hurtle is worthiness, I frankly don't think a rotten pos like myself needs to be hanging around truly good church folk, I may get hit by lightning just walking up the church sidewalk, get thee away from my house demon!!!!! smile

Gunner, come on brother, let’s get your Sharpe’s out and make some thunder with it...We can also discuss the miracles of God, gunpowder, and open sights while we smack steel at 550 yards.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet Jag, and fully agreed, but still the struggle remains.

Hell yeah Beav, God is great, Sharps rifles and black powder are good, especially one that wears a Distant Thunder front sightcool, although, it'd need to ask for about 3 more MOA's on that Hoke tang sight staff to reach the five five 0! grin

Trump Won!
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (219DW, 222Sako, 1badf350, 21, 10gaugemag, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,680
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.