Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Stan V
NEVER allow a liberal to win by default! Not voting is never the answer.......it could be a lot worse than W in the white house.....Skerry? Albore? Klintoon?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[bleep] man, GW is as liberal as they come. He favors open borders and allowing us to be overrun with Mexicans. He passed the single largest entitlement program, (the prescription drug fiasco), in the history of the United States. He failed to push through initiatives on repealing the estate tax or any other kind of meaningful tax reform. He has increased the size of the Federal government by more than any other single president in history. And so on and so on. Yet, many of you still get here and spout this same old Liberal v. Conservative line when it is apparent to anyone with a brain to see, that there is very little difference between the Republicans and the Democrats and that both parties are bankrupt of ideas and morality.

Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by Stan V
NEVER allow a liberal to win by default! Not voting is never the answer.......it could be a lot worse than W in the white house.....Skerry? Albore? Klintoon?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[bleep] man, GW is as liberal as they come. He favors open borders and allowing us to be overrun with Mexicans.
I agree, Bush hasn't exactly been Mr Conservative.

But make no mistake. Hilary will turn our direct military command and control over to the UN. She HATES our military and every man and woman who wear the uniform. Ask any military person posted to the white house during the Clinton years. Ask them about how she wold drop things and expect anyone in a uniform to scurry across the room to pick it up, and make snide comments if they did it too slowly.

Don't forget how her supporters spat upon the flag and the state police at the NY State dem convention when she was nominated to run for Senator, and how she has refused to ever chastise them or apologize to the honor guard.

She will pas the "fairness" doctrine and make nearly all political dissent illegal, enforced at the barrel of the blue helmets. That is, once they get done rounding up as many of or guns as they can get their hands on.

Bush may be ike a bad dream. Make no mistake, Clinton will be like a night terror - the end of the republic

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bush may be ike a bad dream. Make no mistake, Clinton will be like a night terror - the end of the republic

I disagree. Not because I have any faith in Hillary. I don't and I agree with you that she has authoritarian tendencies. However, I think that Hillary's mandate would be extremely tenuous and that her presidency would quickly become engulfed in a chorus of opposition, forcing her back to the middle. Sort of like Bill's presidency. Seriously, if you looked at the first Clinton presidency through totally objective eyes and knew nothing else about him, you would think he was a conservative, or at least much more so than Bush.

Anyway, my point is that while GW can do absolutely anything and the Republican sheep will bleat about how conservative he is, Clinton would not be able to do that and she would lose the middle as well, making her ineffective.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I disagree. Not because I have any faith in Hillary. I don't and I agree with you that she has authoritarian tendencies. However, I think that Hillary's mandate would be extremely tenuous and that her presidency would quickly become engulfed in a chorus of opposition, forcing her back to the middle. Sort of like Bill's presidency. Seriously, if you looked at the first Clinton presidency through totally objective eyes and knew nothing else about him, you would think he was a conservative, or at least much more so than Bush.

Anyway, my point is that while GW can do absolutely anything and the Republican sheep will bleat about how conservative he is, Clinton would not be able to do that and she would lose the middle as well, making her ineffective.

Very perceptive--I'm impressed........ smile

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What a mess.

This immigration "deal" is gonna kill off a lot of politicians.
Just watch.

Last edited by Texas Hunter; 05/25/07.
IC B2

The problem is, all political dissent is going to be outlawed. How can there be any real opposition unless we go to rioting in the streets - if no opposing political viewpoint is allowed to be broadcast? That is what the fairness doctrine is really about.

I don't think OUR military and ilitary leaders would support this kind of thing. But I am sure many UN blue helmet leaders and troops haven't been brought up in the democratic traditions of a republic, but in the strong man tradition.

Bill wasn't an ideologue - he was more just a scumbag. I shouldn't speak because I am hardly perfect smile But he governed by the polls.

But she is a whole nother deal...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Casey , It seems that you are very easily impressed. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The republican party is driven by sevearl forces, business interests, the NRA, Social Conservatorives, Pro-Life, etc.

Business interests won the day on this one--They want tcheap labor. BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Skeptic

The problem is, all political dissent is going to be outlawed. How can there be any real opposition unless we go to rioting in the streets - if no opposing political viewpoint is allowed to be broadcast? That is what the fairness doctrine is really about.

I don't think OUR military and ilitary leaders would support this kind of thing. But I am sure many UN blue helmet leaders and troops haven't been brought up in the democratic traditions of a republic, but in the strong man tradition.

Bill wasn't an ideologue - he was more just a scumbag. I shouldn't speak because I am hardly perfect smile But he governed by the polls.

But she is a whole nother deal...

I don't think so. I think she is just the standard run-of-the-mill politician (that's bad enough). Every election nowadays seems to be the "most important election in history", and the other side is always "the greatest threat to our democracy in history" blah, blah, blah.

I don't want Hillary as president and it would not be a good thing if she is elected. But, I don't see her being substantially worse than any of the other choices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about Bill's supreme court appointments, compared to President Bush's ? miles

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BMT
The republican party is driven by sevearl forces, business interests, the NRA, Social Conservatorives, Pro-Life, etc.

This thing aint over yet.
As a matter of fact over the holiday weekend it's my belief that some hard questions are going to be asked of these Senators that are all for this bill.
Turn up the heat on them as much as you can.
But in the end even a blind man can see that passing this immigration deal in it's present off on the American public is going to be political suicide.
I think they are going to understand this.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Texas Hunter
Originally Posted by BMT

As a matter of fact over the holiday weekend it's my belief that some hard questions are going to be asked of these Senators that are all for this bill.
Turn up the heat on them as much as you can.
But in the end even a blind man can see that passing this immigration deal in it's present form off on the American public is going to be political suicide.
I think they are going to understand this.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Instead of leaving the Republican party,... why not vote for Ron Paul and reclaim it?

I'll vote Ron Paul for President if the Republicans nominate him. Otherwise, the Republican aren't even close to representing my views on the issues. Why would I vote for candidates that don't represent my views even if they have the republican label?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope that you are right. I just sent a message to both of my Senators and my Rep. urging them to treat the criminals as criminals. It may not help but it should not hurt. miles

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Folks are so scared of the Killary/Obama potential, that they would elect the same thing, if only it has a different name (i.e. Rudy).

Kart29; EXACTLY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's see if I have this right: A vote for a ultra-liberal Republican is better than letting a ultra-liberal Democrat take the White House. And this make things better how? confused

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
'Cause it causes some folks to feel better about getting screwed over by a politician, 'cause that way (to them) at least the male hooker that's buggerin' them was the one that they picked....

Last edited by VAnimrod; 05/25/07. Reason: cleaned up my language a little...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We may be in the minority, but I take hope in the fact that many of you see things similar to the way I do, that the Repubs left us and it's time to look for a different way.

One thing I do know, the politician that innovates is a rare thing these days, I agree with Baraks assessment that if you want the Repubs to move back to more conservative ways they are going to have to be punished into doing so, pleading ain't gonna cut it. If they see a significant casting of votes for a candidate like Paul, you can bet your bottom dollar many will be looking to see how they can grab some of those votes and that means them moving their positions closer to someone like his.

If that means I have to elect a Democrat by voting for a 3rd party candidate so be it. I survived 8 years of Clinton.

I oversimplify everything in life, including politics (worst arena to do so in I reckon) but I liken it to that I am trying to protect my family by saving my country.

If a 6'8" 325 lb. guy decides he's going to hurt my family and I have no weapon available other than my hands, feet and teeth, I'm not just going to roll over even though I can't like my odds of winning. I'm going to do everything in my power to go down swinging, inflict as much damage as I can while doing so to give my family a fighting chance at survival. I see politics the same way. I'm probably gonna get my teeth kicked in for voting for my conscience, but the line in the sand has been crossed for me. YMMV

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had some fool call me this morning doing a "poll"about support for the Republican Party and President Bush, I could barely understand him because of his accent. I realize these polls are done out or sweat shop telimarcketing offices but geeze, one of the things he asked was if I was happy with the new imagration bill. That did it, I proceded to explain to him that while I have voted party line Republican for thirty years it is going to stop if the Republican Party don't get with the program. I will not approve any amnisty, I do not approve of ANY form of gun control, and my taxes are high enough. And the Republican parety is begining to go along with the anti american political forces that seem to support the things i disagree with. I am on a fiorst name basis with one Kansas Senator. I do not hesitate to call him personally to tell him my opinion, and he usually agrees with me, if not he tells me why he has a differing opinion. We still get along fine. No BS I expect that from the Republican Party.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well if you're leaving how about taking some of the republicans that voted Nay on this vote with you when you go?

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ongress=110&session=1&vote=00177

For the record, this would have prohibited cities from enacting sanctuary policies. What a disgrace. A howling disgrace.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,429
Posts18,507,520
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.