Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
American Indians would swim underwater and catch ducks, etc by their feet. Give that a try.
or dress up like a Blue Heron female to get closer.

oops. I just saw it had been caught.

Last edited by Savage_Hunter; 01/28/20.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks for the update DaddyRat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by RMerta
Call the game warden. They need something to do.

They are doing something, they are watching him starve to death while they run around in circles prolonging his death.
Want to do something for him? Be a little humane, put him outta his misery, it's gone too long, you can't save the world..

If he was in his nature environment a predator would have already taken care of this, but I'm sure in that developed area there are no predators left.

The added stress he is going to suffer being caught the handled in his current state will probably push him past the possibility of recovery even if he is caught and the hook gets removed.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'll take the net...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Functional use of a cast net takes a little bit of edumication, but it's not that difficult to become a gifted artist. There likely aren't more that a few thousand wankers along the Carolina coasts that could pass on the how to on that. Just in case, for next time. You know there will be a next time....

BTW, your net is one of the easy ones to master. Locals out in the Pacific islands toss nets that are 20-24' diameter and that is high art. Coil the line, pick the net up by the slip ring and then fold it over, not quite in half. Coil and fold in the same hand. One lead in your teeth (gently), or over your shoulder (same side), arm lengths of weight line in the other hand, do the twist gracefully and remember to a) open your mouth and b) impart a spin on the skirt with your other hand.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Watched a local guy throw a 12ft (24 diameter) onto a passing school of roe mullet. Came up with 27 fish that looked to be a pound each. He had part of it thrown over his shoulder, and part folded up in his hand. Threw it over a rail, too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 12' cast net when we lived in Yuma. Got pretty good at throwing it. Havent done it in a while.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For anyone wanting to educate themselves on how to catch birds of prey:

100 yards of mono fishing line. While watching TV, or doing anything mundane, tie slip knots roughly every 2" along the line. Eventually you'll have a large pile of monofilament. Carry the loosely held pile of mono to your quarry and bait it appropriately. The slip knots will tighten and snare the birds talons as he shuffles his feet. Make sure your trap is securely staked in place.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Functional use of a cast net takes a little bit of edumication, but it's not that difficult to become a gifted artist. There likely aren't more that a few thousand wankers along the Carolina coasts that could pass on the how to on that. Just in case, for next time. You know there will be a next time....

BTW, your net is one of the easy ones to master. Locals out in the Pacific islands toss nets that are 20-24' diameter and that is high art. Coil the line, pick the net up by the slip ring and then fold it over, not quite in half. Coil and fold in the same hand. One lead in your teeth (gently), or over your shoulder (same side), arm lengths of weight line in the other hand, do the twist gracefully and remember to a) open your mouth and b) impart a spin on the skirt with your other hand.

Took a bunch of photos of a guy on Molokai last year working small mullet. I have watched good guys quite a bit and tried to throw a small net a bit. I suck at it.

Anyway, this little guy was throwing beautiful fully-rounded rings much farther than anyone I have ever seen. It was amazing to watch.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I'll take the net...

Send me your name and address, and I will mail the net to you.

IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 51 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,922
Posts18,518,836
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.