Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
When you say 6CM, I'm assuming you mean Creedmore. Considered 6 Competition Match? I just built one. Using H1000, guys are reporting barrel life of 4K + rounds. A friend locally has one, and his last barrel went 4,500.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
1-7" Bart' 224 Speedmire. 45 MoMo Marty rail(welded),ADACR handle(welded),TT flat trigger,yada,yada.yada and 88's crowdin' 3200fps.

Prolly even shoots too.(grin)

Hint.......................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

What contour on the Bartlien?

Pros/cons of the flat trigger shoe?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would also consider the Bartlein 0 contour if they will still do this in stainless. It puts the meaty part of the barrel where it does the most good and still provides a weight savings. It balances better with a carbon fiber stock but if you go plain glass the 2B will balance with a slight muzzle heaviness which I like.

I would go 5R and might do gain twist although a 1-7 will cover all the most useful bullet weights. I am betting you will end up doing both, the 6mm with 105-115s is pretty awesome. You have to go up to more powder and blast to get much more advantage. The 6mm is more gun but the advantages start where most hunters should stop.

Flat rigger shoe, never warmed up to them but it is a personal preference thing. Also depends how you engage the trigger, if just the tip of your finger the flat may be better, if the crook then curved. Super light trigger I may go flat but normal hunting weight I prefer the curved.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD,

I cain't recall the contour,as I've "only" a couple/few hunnert spouts.(grin)

Personally,I'm hip on Flatty fire control levers and especially on Krunchentickers(have 'em in 22LR,Hummer,Whizzum,223,224 Grendel and 243 Grendel mainly).

Hint...……………….

TheJanitor,

You are a Lying CLUELESS Fhuqk,who only "shoots" her mouth and Imagination. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the HILARITY of your Delusions. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...………………...

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hint taken. CMC flattys good to go at 3.5 pounds on an AR?

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Stick,
Is Creedmoor case capacity necessary for an 88, or with the grendel suffice?
Popping a 22 grendel barrel on an AR upper sounds like a cheap way to 88 bliss if it'll get'r moving.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doesn't make much difference since you've already decided, but the 6CM would have been my choice.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD,

I LOVE CMC Flatty's and 3.5lbs,do open doors of opportunity and windows of control. Hint.

No issues with striker mass,whether 22LR,Hummer or 17 Whizzum. Hint.

Just do it.

Thank me later.

Hint.......................

CaptArub,

When talking Kissing Cousins,of like capacity,I'm always gonna greedily grab the .224" 88 ELD Version,over the .243" 108 ELD(or similar) Version. Hint.

I shoot a "few" .243" bore chamberings. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now as to the 224 Grendel/88 ELD Krunchenticker melding in particular,I've multiple rifles set up expressly for same and they are straight up fhuqking AMAZING. Lotsa COAL to arrange a Smooch,Lapooey brass is spectacular,Starline doable but Norma and Hornady absolute fhuqking dog schit. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps and the reduction in mass,with a .545 BC,simply arranges Facts & Physics,to connect dots by fhuqking default. There is no answer to it,in the .243" bore size. Hint.

I simply shoot it all.

Hint....................

'63,

DO tell,which .243" projectiles swoon you,in "your" 243 Kreedmire...mainly because it will be fhuqking funny. Hint.

Laughing!.............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've got 3 flavors of .243 and enjoy them all. Always lusted for a go faster .224 chambering, but never got around to it. Now that there is brass made just for the 22 Creed..........Hmmmm........

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've piles of 243Win's and 243 AI's,amongst others of the bore size(obviously). Hint.

That being said,when like case capacity is introduced,the reduced mass of a superior BC .224" projectile,simply kicks schit aside. Hint.

Alpha is without peer and AMAZINGLY consistent(I've a few thousand pieces).Alpha 224 Kreedmire brass and Hornie 88 ELD's,most certainly rate a Rifle Build,so as to reap inherent mechanical advantages. Hint.

I'd rather 223 SAAMI and 88,than 243AI and 105...mainly because I shoot it all and then some.

Hint.....................

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ok since this is a build thread, I'm gonna ask.....

My CF rifles are ADL or BDL . If I was to build with DBM, do I need an action cut for it, or is there other ways ?
I'm thinking there is both, if so which is the best choice for a sporter style rifle ? Read lots here and there but don't remember it all, esp if I'm not planning on using it at the time.

Thanks

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Stick, I shoulda been more clear-

What I was getting at is unless one is especially fond of burning excess powder, barrels, and Benjamin's, 22 creed seem like a silly way to launch the same bullet as a 22 Grendel.

Am I missing something?
Side note- Anybody other than team MAGA over Florida cutting Grendel spouts?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mibowhunter

My CF rifles are ADL or BDL . If I was to build with DBM, do I need an action cut for it, or is there other ways ?
I'm thinking there is both, if so which is the best choice for a sporter style rifle ? Read lots here and there but don't remember it all, esp if I'm not planning on using it at the time.

Thanks

No cutting of the action needs to be done to run any bottom metal that runs typical AICS style magazines....IE Accurate, Magpul, AICS, ARC etc. Your stocks bottom metal inlet will need to be cut out to run the above magazines in a M5 footprint DBM.

The only instances where the action would need to be cut on is if a man is using longer than normal magazines (notching the feed ramp) or running AW (Artic Warfare) magazines. The AW is a double stack magazine that requires that the feed rails be widened to accommodate the feeding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps and the reduction in mass,with a .545 BC,simply arranges Facts & Physics,to connect dots by fhuqking default. There is no answer to it,in the .243" bore size. Hint.

Excepting, of course, my pointed Hybrids with a confirmed .585" BC, or the new 109 Hybrid at .568, or a 110 Sierra at .617........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aalf

Excepting, of course, my pointed Hybrids with a confirmed .585" BC, or the new 109 Hybrid at .568, or a 110 Sierra at .617........

Yeah. According to him the A Tip at .604 doesn't rate either...........

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

The 115 DTAC with a .620 G1 is another good option.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

The 115 DTAC with a .620 G1 is another good option.

Berger 115 at .563 as well, point it and you're well over .600......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CaptArub,

Would/could the 22PPC Improved please me,as my mainstay .224" Boolit Squirter? Yes and 100%. The 224 Grendel is simply an exceptionally well designed cartridge and capably covered in logistics.

The Kreedmire is simply 95%+ of a 22-250AI,in ready roll SPLENDID brass(Alpha) and of course utilizes the mainstay .473" boltface. It's easily the best route to travel,in a .473" turnbolt.

As Krunchentickers go,I have BHW,X-Caliber and Harrison's spouts and all are stellar. I typically use Harrison and nab a headspaced bolt,at the same time. Very easy/fast way to roll. 20" is plenty for me.

Hint......………

'alf,

As bore size goes up,BC's better as well. I'm not much into fhuqking around and Berger's are well shy of ELD terminal reliabilities. I'm
more than HAPPY,to score 88'sand the .545 BC for well under $20 a can and simply load/shoot the things. A-Tips shoot nicely,but haven't really horned me up,though I look forward to the 7mm R&D. The Sugar 110's and 115's don't show me much either. The mass increase/speed decrease and unreliability,do not make an 88 even a touch "nervous".

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint...…………

'Course I don't get the wind,that you gals do. Yesterday morning.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by mibowhunter

Thanks

No cutting of the action needs to be done to run any bottom metal that runs typical AICS style magazines....IE Accurate, Magpul, AICS, ARC etc. Your stocks bottom metal inlet will need to be cut out to run the above magazines in a M5 footprint DBM.

The only instances where the action would need to be cut on is if a man is using longer than normal magazines (notching the feed ramp) or running AW (Artic Warfare) magazines. The AW is a double stack magazine that requires that the feed rails be widened to accommodate the feeding.

Good info ,Thanks !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A-Tips shoot nicely,but haven't really horned me up,though I look forward to the 7mm R&D.

Me too. Been checking daily on their published BC values...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.