-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I do not trust a single fugging cop. I come from 5 generations of LEOs and judges. I have heard so much beer talk about crap they pulled while "serving the community" they should all be held to the standard we non LEO arw!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
I do not trust a single fugging cop. I come from 5 generations of LEOs and judges. I have heard so much beer talk about crap they pulled while "serving the community" they should all be held to the standard we non LEO arw!!
Right there with you on that. Most of them are dirtbags.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by catch_22
I have a few LEO friends......so I know what they do and what some are capable of doing. By the same token, I wouldn't do their job for what little most are paid.
Give me a break. State troopers here START at 102K a year. That's about 3 times what a roofer makes in this area and roofing is more dangerous and harder work than being a cop.

I don't know what agencies catch_22's LEO friends work for, but starting pay for many agencies is not anywhere near what NY State Troopers get.

Agency up the road from here, over the OR border runs ads every year. Starting pay is in the $36-38 K range per year. Not sure what it is in my county, but given it's Cali I'd bet it's in the $45K range. Not much considering I made that and more doing way less dangerous jobs that I didn't have to deal with the asshats of the world in.

Still, even at $36K a year, ethics is ethics and stealin' be stealin'

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Kamo
The cliche about the bad apple is right, but I think you are a little confused about what it means. There was at least one bad apple and he was in a supervisory position and he condoned theft from the State. He spoiled the whole bunch, but the whole bunch probably had lots of hidden or maybe not so hidden bad spots. The whole barrel rotted...

No confusion here. I read where the blame was flung--at the lead cop 'allowing it to happen', and I'm calling BS on such tactics by the State Police Association to simply pass it off as bad supervision. "The overwhelming majority of Troopers serve with distinction every day and as an association we will continue to defend the rights of our members. The pervasive culture of Troop E existed because of a failure of those then in command which impacts every trooper to this day," State Police Association of Massachusetts said in a statement. "As public servants, we will work with the current colonel to close this chapter and move this department forward with integrity."

The head Trooper/Supervisor forced or demanded that almost 4 dozen of his guys falsify their time OTJ to the tune of millions over more than a decade? Horseshyt. Easy out for the spokesman, blaming former commander for crimes committed by a HUGE number of cops. Remember, we're not talking one, or three, or even a dozen cases. We're talking *thousands* of inxtances with almost 50 cops being outed.

And credit where it's due: I guess sometimes the media can do good things. It was a local news station that brought this scam to light. Based on a tip from a crooked cop with an axe to grind for being canned or something, no doubt. smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I have a few LEO friends......so I know what they do and what some are capable of doing. By the same token, I wouldn't do their job for what little most are paid.
Give me a break. State troopers here START at 102K a year. That's about 3 times what a roofer makes in this area and roofing is more dangerous and harder work than being a cop.

I don't know what agencies catch_22's LEO friends work for, but starting pay for many agencies is not anywhere near what NY State Troopers get.

Agency up the road from here, over the OR border runs ads every year. Starting pay is in the $36-38 K range per year. Not sure what it is in my county, but given it's Cali I'd bet it's in the $45K range. Not much considering I made that and more doing way less dangerous jobs that I didn't have to deal with the asshats of the world in.

Geno
NYS is crawling with state troopers too. Is it any wonder our taxes are so friggin high ?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sure is a lot of troopers lost from one particular area of the state. Sounds like they'll have to borrow some from other areas to provide aqueduct protection and law enforcement coverage until replacements can be vetted, hired, trained, and complete whatever the probationary / OJT period is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

Sure is a lot of troopers lost from one particular area of the state. Sounds like they'll have to borrow some from other areas to provide aqueduct protection and law enforcement coverage until replacements can be vetted, hired, trained, and complete whatever the probationary / OJT period is.

Wonder what the necessary "aqueduct protection and law enforcement coverage" is in that area of the State?

Seems they thought they were being covered when certain officers didn't show up for their shift, so maybe they need to recalculate their "adequate" protection levels

Geno

PS, aqueduct is not the same as adequate................sincerely, the spellin' poleece wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
January 29, 2020. Other states too.

An entire class of Georgia State Patrol troopers was fired Wednesday after an investigation into accusations the graduates cheated on an online exam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-fired-amid-cheating-scandal/4615213002/

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno
NYS is crawling with state troopers too. Is it any wonder our taxes are so friggin high ?

yeah i passed one going 90 in Leighton's Lexus.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Wonder what the necessary "aqueduct protection and law enforcement coverage" is in that area of the State?

Seems they thought they were being covered when certain officers didn't show up for their shift, so maybe they need to recalculate their "adequate" protection levels

Geno

PS, aqueduct is not the same as adequate................sincerely, the spellin' poleece wink

Simple typo. He meant to write, 'sewers'. smile

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
An $80,000 pension. Good God. Only in a government job.

My brother and my girlfriend both graduated from Ga. Tech, both had executive jobs in industry. In neither case did the company offer an in house pension.
Used to, 20 years ago, but no more.
Even then, 20 years ago, an exec would be lucky to get a pension that is 1/3 of annual salary. It is absurd to pay so much money for a cop.

I got a buddy who retired as a firefighter/medic, 15 years ago, from a service in Clayton County Ga. His pension is $65K annually, and his pay in his last year was $54K.

Only in a government job. This overpaying of govt. employees is absurd, and obscene.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Geno

Ooops!

Picked a word from spell check options too quick and got the wrong one...

"Adequate" coverage I assume would be in numbers of troopers.

I very well may have overlooked it but I didn't see any statement in the story that said the falsified and/or 'padded' OT hours was when OT was truly necessary or they just claimed OT at will.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just saw that the entire graduating class of Georgia troopers were fired for cheating on their academy exams. 32 bad apples right out of the gate. 32 liars and cheats that would’ve been protected by the badge and the thin blue line.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/01/30/georgia-state-troopers-fired-cheating/

These are NOT isolated incidents, they’re widespread and prevalent. The only thing that’s isolated about these crimes is that they are being pursued and acted upon.

A bordering county has been dealing with dirty cops for as long as they’ve around but excising the cancer isn’t as easy as it should be. Several deputies were fired after an internal investigation determined that they lied in their reports, lied to the judge in their pursuit of a warrant, illegal searches and a host of other criminal and constitutional violations. One of the fired deputies ran for sheriff and won. He’s now hiring back all his buddies that were fired, fired after internal and external investigations found that they broke the law and lied to cover it up. The POS that was elected by a largely liberal electorate really pulled a fast one on them. I went to high school with him and my brother (different agency) worked with him on various collaborative projects and both of us determined that he’s still the POS that he was in high school. He was a small time drug dealer and trouble maker. The funniest thing about it all, if it wasn’t so pathetic, is that the new sheriff has to wear long sleeves year ‘round. It he bared his arms the liberal electorate that voted for this piece ofshit would see the white power slogans and the swastika tattoos that cover his arms. 😂

ETA.....Dess beat me to it regarding the Georgia Troopers that are proven cheaters and liars.
One has to wonder, assuming that the tests that class took were the same as previous classes, how many Georgia Troopers also cheated? This entire class was “brought down” by 1 girlfriend, likely a scorned woman that had no idea what she was doing when she flew into an emotional vindictive rage, I seriously doubt that her reporting her boyfriend was based on a moral conundrum nor do I think she realized the gravity of the fact that her anger had unintended consequences.....like 31 unintended consequences. 😉

Surely this wasn’t an isolated incident nor was this class an anomaly except to the extent that they were investigated as a result of the complaint. I’d be interested to know what the percentage is of cheaters from previous classes? Surely the 1 class that was investigated for cheating and found 100% of the class was cheating isn’t an anomaly, there has to be a lot more out there.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 02/01/20.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Pretty Mickey Mouse Lieghton when compared to no-knock warrants in Houston

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by simonkenton7

My brother and my girlfriend both graduated from Ga. Tech, both had executive jobs in industry. In neither case did the company offer an in house pension.
Used to, 20 years ago, but no more.
Even then, 20 years ago, an exec would be lucky to get a pension that is 1/3 of annual salary. It is absurd to pay so much money for a cop.

I got a buddy who retired as a firefighter/medic, 15 years ago, from a service in Clayton County Ga. His pension is $65K annually, and his pay in his last year was $54K.

Only in a government job. This overpaying of govt. employees is absurd, and obscene.

Chicago Fire Department pensions as of 6 years ago: https://www.taxpayersunitedofamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/Chi-FD-Pensions-full-PDF.pdf

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My experience in these matters is this...

If you live in dick head land, the chances of encountering dick heads goes up.

If you live in normal'ville, the chances of encountering dick heads goes down.

Lord knows Massassholes if chock full. So it makes sens that the police conduct themselves accordingly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Talk to some old school Teamsters.

Their pensions are 100%.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They earn it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by deflave

They earn it.

Chicago Teacher's Pension fund --2016: https://www.taxpayersunitedofameric...cago-Teachers-Pension-Fund-embargoed.pdf

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by deflave

They earn it.

Chicago Teacher's Pension fund --2016: https://www.taxpayersunitedofameric...cago-Teachers-Pension-Fund-embargoed.pdf

They don't.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.