Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I just try and make it as complicated as possible .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The more complicated you make it, the more things you have to study, and thus follows plenty of justification for more time at the range and the bench...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I just try and make it as complicated as possible .

Good plan. You an engineer by chance?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I post mine on here and use the search function to find them later.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm great at documenting everything...

and never organizing it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston

You may be on to something.......:

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kingston

Grin....

I'm pretty simple.

1. I write it on a piece of paper and tape it to the ammo box I put the rounds in...basic info, brass, primer, bullet, oal, powder/weight, and velocity.
2. I put the same info in an excel spreadsheet on a line with the rifle and add sight in distance/drops.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by shinbone
I am able to pack a lot of info into one page by graphing my results.

Those are nice - what graphing program do you use?

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use the graphing function in Excel.

It is easy, too. Once I set up the graph the first time, I just reuse the same file under a new name for each new load. The graph is automatically made as I type in the data.

By graphing the results, I can fit all the results of a particular bullet/powder combination, from an initial rough powder test to final fine-tuning of charge weight and seating depth, on one sheet of notebook paper. Plus, I've got a good record of what didn't work, as well.

Probably overkill for most folks, but I find it useful to keep track of what I have tried, and to spot hidden trends with a particular rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm with some of the other guys on the three ring binders. I use targets from either the 6mm br site:

https://www.6mmbr.com/targets.html

or beartooth bullets:

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/misc/targets.htm

I keep the load info with the target in three ring binders by cartridge and then page dividers in it by bullet maker. I can access most loads I've worked with fairly quickly.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shinbone
I use the graphing function in Excel.

It is easy, too. Once I set up the graph the first time, I just reuse the same file under a new name for each new load. The graph is automatically made as I type in the data.

By graphing the results, I can fit all the results of a particular bullet/powder combination, from an initial rough powder test to final fine-tuning of charge weight and seating depth, on one sheet of notebook paper. Plus, I've got a good record of what didn't work, as well.

Probably overkill for most folks, but I find it useful to keep track of what I have tried, and to spot hidden trends with a particular rifle.

I don keep targets anymore, but when I did I usually just put a picture of it on page 2 of an excel spread sheet. Now I just make a note like (sucks, good or retry) of average groups. For me the load data and chronograph is more important. When at the reloading bench I have a little notebook that I write all pertinent data into then after testing I load chronograph and load data into excel. I don’t have one on this machine with picture, but kinda like this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If the load performs and deserves a better look, I have another spreadsheet to use 30 shot chronograph data to see how the load actually performs over a wider number. This has all the load data on it also.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a spiral note book that I record reloads as I make them. It includes the date, intended rifle, and everything I need to know to duplicate the ammo. A friend of mine goes on step farther, giving this a lot #.

Every round that goes down range gets documented in a Word file for that rifle. The documentation varies according to if I was evaluating a load, or shooting for some other purpose. Three-shot load evaluations a documented for the group size and POI. For ten-shot load evaluations I measure the windage and elevation of each shot to the nearest 1/32", and plug these locations into an Excel spread sheet I made that give me the average POI, median POI, mean radius, and some other stuff. This gets transferred into the Word file for the rifle. I used to also compile Excel results of all the rifles so I could compare them directly, but now I now what the numbers mean well enough that it is no longer useful.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.