Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I havent seen him off this bad all year. Several completed were behind the receivers. One got picked. 5 min after I said he was off he put one in the turf and the reciever was open. Announcers said Mahomes was Off.

Best post of the thread.

Mahomes MVP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Reid has been a good guy for a long time & I'm glad to see him get the win, not so much with Mahomes, though he's undoubtedly a great talent.

Shanahan lost the game for his team (as he did vs Baltimore, Seattle & Atlanta) by not being able to adjust his defensive plan for mobile QB's................a 4 man rush, with 7 pass defenders doesn't make as has been shown over & over when a mobile QB runs around for 10-15 seconds, DB cannot cover good receivers for that long, given the rules, so someone inevitably comes open. And Mahomes is plenty good to find them at least 2/3 of the time.

Lack of & aversion to blitzing & lack of getting to Mahomes enough, beat SF...................5, or sometimes 6 good blockers beats 4 rushers most of the time. And it did.

MM

If you are going to blitz you have to be able to cover man man. I posted before the game the the 49ers DB could not cover KC WR one on one. The 4 man rush and 7 man zone worked well and in the 4th when the niners went man Mahomes burned them with deep throws

True....................but SF really never blitzed & put much real pressure on Mahomes when they did play MtM on the deeper patterns. My point was that you simply cannot consistently give a guy like Mahomes as much time as he got most of the time, either playing zone or MtM.

He'll kill ya, & he did. I can't stand the guy, but he's got as good an arm as I've seen in a really long time. Reminds me of a more mobile Dan Marino.

MM

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ya think Trump has figured out the KC Chiefs are from Missouri not Kansas yet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/02/trump-tweet-kansas-chiefs/

Last edited by callnum; 02/03/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was apparently not the target demographic for the halftime show.

You don't like to look at sexy girls?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Reid has been a good guy for a long time & I'm glad to see him get the win, not so much with Mahomes, though he's undoubtedly a great talent.

Shanahan lost the game for his team (as he did vs Baltimore, Seattle & Atlanta) by not being able to adjust his defensive plan for mobile QB's................a 4 man rush, with 7 pass defenders doesn't make as has been shown over & over when a mobile QB runs around for 10-15 seconds, DB cannot cover good receivers for that long, given the rules, so someone inevitably comes open. And Mahomes is plenty good to find them at least 2/3 of the time.

Lack of & aversion to blitzing & lack of getting to Mahomes enough, beat SF...................5, or sometimes 6 good blockers beats 4 rushers most of the time. And it did.

MM

If you are going to blitz you have to be able to cover man man. I posted before the game the the 49ers DB could not cover KC WR one on one. The 4 man rush and 7 man zone worked well and in the 4th when the niners went man Mahomes burned them with deep throws

True....................but SF really never blitzed & put much real pressure on Mahomes when they did play MtM on the deeper patterns. My point was that you simply cannot consistently give a guy like Mahomes as much time as he got most of the time, either playing zone or MtM.

He'll kill ya, & he did. I can't stand the guy, but he's got as good an arm as I've seen in a really long time. Reminds me of a more mobile Dan Marino.

MM

I thought they did put pressure on Mahomes which lead to 2 ints.
No reason tlay man to man if you're aren't blitzing which they did, but you can be burned when you blitz and they were burned

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

MM

What’s the opposition to Mahomes? Pro cop. Pro veteran. Charity work. Works with special needs kids. Always deflects praise away from himself and puts it on his team mates.

I’m fine with not liking him “just because” though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

MM

MM

I thought they did put pressure on Mahomes which lead to 2 ints.
No reason tlay man to man if you're aren't blitzing which they did, but you can be burned when you blitz and they were burned
I don't know about that, they only had that 1 deep pass to Hill all game and hill absolutely turned that defender around but SF definitely screwed the pooch on that play.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Cheesy

MM

What’s the opposition to Mahomes? Pro cop. Pro veteran. Charity work. Works with special needs kids. Always deflects praise away from himself and puts it on his team mates.

You are correct Sir!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Like him or hate him, Mahomes is THE man and probably will pull down close to $200 mil next contract.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It was so gratifying to see Richard Sherman doing his Impression of Charles Dimry!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy

MM

This

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Like him or hate him, Mahomes is THE man and probably will pull down close to $200 mil next contract.
And good luck keeping the team together when you can't pay other stars what they feel they are worth. See that happen too many times over the years.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mahomes already has made statements regarding his new contract and feels it is best to keep the team together by assuring a contract that won’t bust caps and is fair to all his players. In other words he’s not being greedy. I assume he will land a $25M/year deal. Russell gets $34M/year; Rogers gets $33.5M/year. There’s others in the lower 30s and upper 20s.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Mahomes already has made statements regarding his new contract and feels it is best to keep the team together by assuring a contract that won’t bust caps and is fair to all his players. In other words he’s not being greedy. I assume he will land a $25M/year deal. Russell gets $34M/year; Rogers gets $33.5M/year. There’s others in the lower 30s and upper 20s.

I'll bet they work the cap to give him $40,000,000 per year for 5 years. I hope he gets it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by Rossimp

I'll bet they work the cap to give him $40,000,000 per year for 5 years. I hope he gets it.

I'm thinking 40 with at least a 6 yr contract. It will be very difficult to keep the speedsters. Was it Watkins that already realizes and said he may sit out next year?? He wasn't being an azzhole about it....just kind of reflecting.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I try to stay off the Mahomes wagon but it is really hard to do. He is a very good quarterback obviously. He seems to be well grounded and works hard at his craft. But more and more I hear stories of things he does off the field and they are all very good.

Had a girl local to were I live diagnosed with a rare and fatal cancer of the brain stem. She was at the Chiefs practice in St Joseph Mo. Mahomes talked with her and spent time with her. He ended up getting 2 of the Rubber wrist bands with her name on them. He was wearing them last night. She passed away this fall but I bet her parents were thrilled to see him hoisting that trophy with her wrist brand on.

Another story was he and his girlfriend went to eat at a local pizza joint. No one bothered them as they were eating even though they knew who he was. When he went to leave he thanked all the patrons for letting him and his girl have a regular meal and not bothering them. He picked up everyones tab in the place. So while I can understand getting sick of all the hype surrounding him because I get sick of it also. He has shown so far to be humble and thankful for what his god given talents have brought him. Hope he stays that away.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I try to stay off the Mahomes wagon but it is really hard to do. He is a very good quarterback obviously. He seems to be well grounded and works hard at his craft. But more and more I hear stories of things he does off the field and they are all very good.

Had a girl local to were I live diagnosed with a rare and fatal cancer of the brain stem. She was at the Chiefs practice in St Joseph Mo. Mahomes talked with her and spent time with her. He ended up getting 2 of the Rubber wrist bands with her name on them. He was wearing them last night. She passed away this fall but I bet her parents were thrilled to see him hoisting that trophy with her wrist brand on.

Another story was he and his girlfriend went to eat at a local pizza joint. No one bothered them as they were eating even though they knew who he was. When he went to leave he thanked all the patrons for letting him and his girl have a regular meal and not bothering them. He picked up everyones tab in the place. So while I can understand getting sick of all the hype surrounding him because I get sick of it also. He has shown so far to be humble and thankful for what his god given talents have brought him. Hope he stays that away.

A retired Texas Tech tennis coach here in Lubbock has a son that suffered a brain injury in a golf cart accident. He started a foundation to raise funds for families of kids with brain injuries and "sold" wrist bands to raise funds. Mahomes has worn a Team Luke bracelet in all games...along with other bracelets. When Mahomes' bracelet broke during the Patriots game, he called the coach for replacement so he could keep wearing it....and wore it when he played in the Super Bowl. He's a good dude through and through. I've also read about the girl with cancer and Mahomes wearing her bracelet. Pretty cool...and it helps the cause.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i think he well, appears he was raised right.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A clothing mishap would have been appreciated by most fans, and why is it we never get to watch the cheerleaders anymore?

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 64 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.