Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by huntinaz
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's an absolute favorite of mine!

It used to be my Christmas Eve tradition to get everyone in the household to bed, then I'd pour it in a small wine glass, & slowly sip it beside the fire over the course of about 1/2 an hour, acknowledging the unfurling flavors as the potion warmed. I'd also read, "Journey of the Magi", and stare the tree.

It's too expensive to drink fast, anyway. grin

As of late, they've not had it at the store. I've made due with Rochefort 10 or 8: different brews, but the same general idea as Traquair.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 02/03/20.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by papalondog
Oregon Liquor Commission sets the price for the state so they can't scalp prices. I have a couple favorite liquor stores that keep me in 107. Recently went almost two months without getting any but picked up 3 bottles this week. I have been searching for a bottle of 12 year Weller for over a year. Never had it and we just don't get it in Oregon. Of course Pappy's is out of the question and even on a bucket list, only a fart in a hurricane.

Keep telling myself it is the hunt that is the fun, but would really like to try 12 year just once :-)

For some reason, here in central KY, I can not find the Antique. I can get the Weller 12 on release day and even have the full proof which is new, but can't seem to find the Antique.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by huntinaz

That's an absolute favorite of mine!

It used to be my Christmas Eve tradition to get everyone in the household to bed, then I'd pour it in a small wine glass, & slowly sip it beside the fire over the course of about 1/2 an hour, acknowledging the unfurling flavors as the potion warmed. I'd also read, "Journey of the Magi", and stare the tree.

It's too expensive to drink fast, anyway. grin

As of late, they've not had it at the store. I've made due with Rochefort 10 or 8: different brews, but the same general idea as Traquair.

FC

First time I’ve had it. Glad I gambled and bought two, it’s good

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My wife's family are commercial fisherman here on the PNW coast. Just finished a fresh crab cocktail and then crab cakes for appetizers.
Going to have beef steak sandwiches with grilled peppers and ........
I just opened a bottle of Old Forester Prohibition Style for desert.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Picked up a 750 of Jim Beam Bonded today.

Been hearing its a better bourbon than the price point would suggest...……………

Let ya know.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trying the Russell's Reserve 10 yr tonight. Not bad, but it was $37, I think. I also bought a couple of other bottles that I"ve never tried - Jefferson's very small batch and Michter's Sour Mash. Will try those later.

Update: Drinking it neat....with a splash of H2O. Still a lot of heat to it....which I have come to like.

Last edited by 257heaven; 02/03/20.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys drink some stuff I’ve never heard of in Arkansas. I have had two Bud Lights so far

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Picked up a 750 of Jim Beam Bonded today.

Been hearing its a better bourbon than the price point would suggest...……………

Let ya know.

Tonight, it is Jim Beam Repeal Batch. It is a limited edition and very good.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jet A

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Monkey shoulder. Headed out to shop, trying not to think about “work”.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Lizard Head Red ale at Steamworks Brewing in Durango, CO.

It’s good!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Lizard Head Red ale at Steamworks Brewing in Durango, CO.

It’s good!

I love Durango! Best of times spent there.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I love this town too! I get down here about 2-3 times per year, and that’s not enough!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Black coffee with supper, just had near a quart of raw milk with a couple tablespoons of Natural Jif PB, a chunk of dark chocolate and a banana, that damn splitting maul and chainsaw kicked my butt today, I needed a little treat before bedtime. smile

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Let us know if you're able to go to sleep normally tonight, Gun. I eat a banana after getting sleepy on long road trips to or from hunting or fishing and the hit comes in 20 min and lasts for a few hours. Coffee doesnt hold a candle to it. I've also been told a golden delicious apple can save your life on long trips from the energy hit.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Let us know if you're able to go to sleep normally tonight, Gun. I eat a banana after getting sleepy on long road trips to or from hunting or fishing and the hit comes in 20 min and lasts for a few hours. Coffee doesnt hold a candle to it. I've also been told a golden delicious apple can save your life on long trips from the energy hit.

LOL, you split near two rick of firewood with an 8lb maul you can sleep after you've eaten a whole damn tree of bananas, I guarantee you that Sir! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Not a thing.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Trying the Russell's Reserve 10 yr tonight. Not bad, but it was $37, I think. I also bought a couple of other bottles that I"ve never tried - Jefferson's very small batch and Michter's Sour Mash. Will try those later.

Update: Drinking it neat....with a splash of H2O. Still a lot of heat to it....which I have come to like.

Russell's Reserve 10 year, neat, is one of my faves !!! Good choice. 👍👍

The Jim Beam Bonded..........jury is still out. It's not disgusting. Wouldn't call it great either. I guess it just right about what you should expect for an $17 bottle........ I guess. It's really the first (my budget) budget bourbon I've tried. I usually find my favorites in the $30-$45 range........which is still "cheap" bourbon to the aficionados. But not to me.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Russell's Reserve 10 year, neat, is one of my faves !!! Good choice. 👍👍

The Jim Beam Bonded..........jury is still out. It's not disgusting. Wouldn't call it great either. I guess it just right about what you should expect for an $17 bottle........ I guess. It's really the first (my budget) budget bourbon I've tried. I usually find my favorites in the $30-$45 range........which is still "cheap" bourbon to the aficionados. But not to me.

First hurdle is drinkability. 2nd hurdle with me is morning headache/hangover. So we'll see how the RR 10 fares in the morning and I'll report. Eagle Rare and a few others (mostly wheated)......no headache. Crown Royal.....instant headache!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hahahahaha. Joe Biden is such a loser

This is a winner:

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.