Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I try to stay off the Mahomes wagon but it is really hard to do. He is a very good quarterback obviously. He seems to be well grounded and works hard at his craft. But more and more I hear stories of things he does off the field and they are all very good.

Had a girl local to were I live diagnosed with a rare and fatal cancer of the brain stem. She was at the Chiefs practice in St Joseph Mo. Mahomes talked with her and spent time with her. He ended up getting 2 of the Rubber wrist bands with her name on them. He was wearing them last night. She passed away this fall but I bet her parents were thrilled to see him hoisting that trophy with her wrist brand on.

Another story was he and his girlfriend went to eat at a local pizza joint. No one bothered them as they were eating even though they knew who he was. When he went to leave he thanked all the patrons for letting him and his girl have a regular meal and not bothering them. He picked up everyones tab in the place. So while I can understand getting sick of all the hype surrounding him because I get sick of it also. He has shown so far to be humble and thankful for what his god given talents have brought him. Hope he stays that away.

A retired Texas Tech tennis coach here in Lubbock has a son that suffered a brain injury in a golf cart accident. He started a foundation to raise funds for families of kids with brain injuries and "sold" wrist bands to raise funds. Mahomes has worn a Team Luke bracelet in all games...along with other bracelets. When Mahomes' bracelet broke during the Patriots game, he called the coach for replacement so he could keep wearing it....and wore it when he played in the Super Bowl. He's a good dude through and through. I've also read about the girl with cancer and Mahomes wearing her bracelet. Pretty cool...and it helps the cause.

Yep he seems to be a good guy.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Amazing how many here know so much more about football than Shanahan... Maybe y'all should get your resumes out there.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
KC is going to have to outscore the Niner's as I don't think they can stop their running game. As much as I want my Chief's to win, I think the Niner's win in a shootout. 48-42.

If it turns into a shootout I don't think another team can hang with KC. If the winning score is over 30 - I doubt it will be San Fran.
I don't look for a complete shootout because I think the defense's are good enough to prevent it. I doubt the winning score is under 30 though.

Hey Ethan- looks I nailed it!!!!!!

Think your point was more or less true too- I wouldn't exactly say it was a shoot out. Defenses were good but there ain't one that can stop KC for a full 4 qtrs.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Amazing how many here know so much more about football than Shanahan... Maybe y'all should get your resumes out there.

Umm Let’s see..... Daddy was a Head Coach. Yeah that really makes him qualified. 😳

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/04/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

While he's forgotten more in an hour than any of us will ever know, his acumen (ie pucker factor) in not keeping the-main-thing the main thing is not above questioning.

In two SB's his teams have been outscored 46-0 in the 4th quarter. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
KC is going to have to outscore the Niner's as I don't think they can stop their running game. As much as I want my Chief's to win, I think the Niner's win in a shootout. 48-42.

If it turns into a shootout I don't think another team can hang with KC. If the winning score is over 30 - I doubt it will be San Fran.
I don't look for a complete shootout because I think the defense's are good enough to prevent it. I doubt the winning score is under 30 though.

Hey Ethan- looks I nailed it!!!!!!

Think your point was more or less true too- I wouldn't exactly say it was a shoot out. Defenses were good but there ain't one that can stop KC for a full 4 qtrs.
Semi-shootout. A friend of mine said it took three quarters to wear down and figure out the Niner's defense and then it was on. You could also say the Chiefs wore out the Offense and then the D stepped up and made the plays they needed to.

The Chiefs non-existent running game also came through. The stats tell the tale. The Chiefs simply outdid the opposition in every category including running. Williams outdid Mostert and that was one of the keys. You just can't overstate the little things like that block FB Anthony Sherman threw late in the game. Just an awesome team effort. Reid and Mahomes leaders in every sense supported fully by the front office.

As Clark Hunt said (to paraphrase), "thank the Lord,".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me get this straight, the guy throws 2 interceptions and gets voted MVP? Give it to the defense!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Mahomes already has made statements regarding his new contract and feels it is best to keep the team together by assuring a contract that won’t bust caps and is fair to all his players. In other words he’s not being greedy. I assume he will land a $25M/year deal. Russell gets $34M/year; Rogers gets $33.5M/year. There’s others in the lower 30s and upper 20s.

Smart - all you have to do is look how many times Rogers had to pick himself up off the grass this year to see it ain't a bad idea to save a few bucks for a good offensive line and somebody to through the ball to.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Let me get this straight, the guy throws 2 interceptions and gets voted MVP? Give it to the defense!!!

Well, he might have run for a touchdown and thrown for two more. Just maybe. One could say he accounted for roughly as many points of offense necessary to cover the entire defensive team's points allowed.

It's a team game, but Mahomes is one of the better players on the team, I would say.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Umm Let’s see..... Daddy was a Head Coach. Yeah that really makes him qualified. 😳

The guy is 40, and coached in the Super Bowl with a team that won 4 games last year, 6 games the year before, and 2 the year before that.

I believe he was coaching in the NFL when he was 27. So, yep, he does know football.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 222Sako, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 65 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.