Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Some of ya'll know my story but I haven't updated anything since about August last year. I like to do it first here because this is where it really began. I saw a video here about the Carnivore diet and decided to give it a try. It's a long and convoluted story of me seeking the healthiest way to eat and constantly changing things depending on how my body was responding to whatever I was doing at the time. I think the best advice I can give anyone is to just totally focus your attention on it. If you do,you will figure out how to do it. Isn't that true of everything in life!

Basically I want to say that It's never too late to change yourself. I didn't start until I was 50 years old and 360 lbs. I had an awakening. Call it whatever you will,I feel like I suddenly woke up and realized that I had not really been living for a long time.I had only been waiting to die.If you feel that way,you can change it. We live in an age where the information you need to accomplish anything is literally right at your finger tips. Now get off your ass and get to it! LOL

Here I am at age 50 just in from a dove hunt with my son.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here I am at age 51,just yesterday, about to go on a ride with my dog .

I'm 360 here

170 here

The old me
[img]https://i.imgur.com/K0c7fTO.jpg?1[/img]

New me

Can't get that one old me picture to work. Maybe one of ya'll can help. Yea,I know I still look goofy.

No you don't, you look DAMN ! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You look 20 years younger!

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Great work!

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Some of ya'll know my story but I haven't updated anything since about August last year. I like to do it first here because this is where it really began. I saw a video here about the Carnivore diet and decided to give it a try. It's a long and convoluted story of me seeking the healthiest way to eat and constantly changing things depending on how my body was responding to whatever I was doing at the time. I think the best advice I can give anyone is to just totally focus your attention on it. If you do,you will figure out how to do it. Isn't that true of everything in life!

Basically I want to say that It's never too late to change yourself. I didn't start until I was 50 years old and 360 lbs. I had an awakening. Call it whatever you will,I feel like I suddenly woke up and realized that I had not really been living for a long time.I had only been waiting to die.If you feel that way,you can change it. We live in an age where the information you need to accomplish anything is literally right at your finger tips. Now get off your ass and get to it! LOL

Here I am at age 50 just in from a dove hunt with my son.

Here I am at age 51,just yesterday, about to go on a ride with my dog .

I'm 360 here

170 here

The old me
[img]https://i.imgur.com/K0c7fTO.jpg?1[/img]

New me

Can't get that one old me picture to work. Maybe one of ya'll can help. Yea,I know I still look goofy.

No you don't, you look DAMN ! grin

Thanks Miss Lynn. That's the kindest DAMN I've ever heard.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You're half the man you used to be! ; )

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
RH,

Awesome job.

I have great respect for people who are able to make this kind of transformation.
It's one of the hardest things in life to accomplish.

I have to wonder what other mountains you can move?

Keep it up!!

I've become a cyclist with a message. I'm about to ride a bicycle from Alabama to Colorado and hopefully speak along the way. Who,knows I may ride it all the way around the globe before I stop. The message is basically WAKE UP AND LIVE!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
RH,

Awesome job.

I have great respect for people who are able to make this kind of transformation.
It's one of the hardest things in life to accomplish.

I have to wonder what other mountains you can move?

Keep it up!!

I've become a cyclist with a message. I'm about to ride a bicycle from Alabama to Colorado and hopefully speak along the way. Who,knows I may ride it all the way around the globe before I stop. The message is basically WAKE UP AND LIVE!

Forrest Gump was from Alabama also!!

Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congrats, keep on rolling

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm 6'1" and weighed in at 228 a few days ago. My ideal weight and size are less!

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Did you totally quit eating potatoes?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Did you totally quit eating potatoes?

For about 130 lbs I did. I eat some today but no dairy.
Then I quit meat for a while and went whole foods plant based. Now I'm sort of cycling from low carbs to high carbs. I think it is a more natural way to eat. I eat the best quality meat I can get but not even every week. My high carb weeks would include brown whole grain rice, black beans,and some potatoes without oil or butter.

A favorite meal of mine is a plain baked potato with black beans and salsa.I would put some healthy meat on it like ground deer but no dairy. Any fat I add to this meal is instantly stored because my body will burn the carbs first. I don't eat any fats at all when I cycle into high carbs. There would be a tiny bit of fat even in the deer so I don't have it on a high carb day in general. I do allow myself a few bits now and then.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/04/20.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That is freak'n awesome to say the least. I just started keto mid January. Getting away from the potatoes,rice,bread and sugar was hard for the first week,but now i don't even want them. When I started I crossed the scale at 267, as of 20 minutes ago I am 254 on my way to 210. Congrats and thank you for the added inspiration.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Amazing transformation. I could not afford a whole new wardrobe though. 😜

Sam......

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Most impressive. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm floored.

Now, go make yourself even harder to kill by adding muscle mass and getting stronger. Refer to "The Barbell Prescription" by Johnathan Sullivan.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you! May I suggest that you celebrate by getting a new bike helmet. lol.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Vek

Now, go make yourself even harder to kill by adding muscle mass and getting stronger. Refer to "The Barbell Prescription" by Johnathan Sullivan.

Believe it or not,I am actually stronger. I do work with weights and do calisthenics.I do yoga for Pete's sake. I don't want a huge amount of mass though. I'm going for Spiderman,rather than Hulk. I would rather be lighter and move faster than stronger and slower. I've seen guys that had great muscles but were too heavy to lift their own weight. I work out on a Yoga Body Yoga Swing. I set it up to work like Olympic rings and do suspended dips and pull ups,sit ups.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/04/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Vek

...... I've seen guys that had great muscles but were too heavy to lift their own weight. ......

You're not going to do that. Fine if you want to stay like you are, no problem, but if you do functional lifting you're not going to get to big to move unless:
1. you really work HARD at it
2. give up on your sensible eating
3. focus on gaining weight

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Just curious, other than weight loss what changes did you notice when you cut out dairy?

I'm not there yet, can't kick the cheese habit.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smokepole

Just curious, other than weight loss what changes did you notice when you cut out dairy?

I'm not there yet, can't kick the cheese habit.

Pretty sure it helped me have less mucus.It's hard to tell though.It's not even that I would be against healthy dairy.I just think it would be hard to locate a real healthy source unless you produced it yourself,and even then,I think high cholesterol foods are better regulated by the body once in a while rather than every day. Lots of factors come into play. Physical activity has a huge role. A growth hormone that would otherwise cause cancer cells to grow can be moved into a location where it causes muscle to grow through exercise.And that hormone is very high with every day meat consumption.That is just one example of how complex some of this stuff is. On one hand you could say eating meat causes cancer,well it does if you eat more than you need to build muscle.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Shadow approves of this message!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.